Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: RoOst3r's OpenArena Frag Movie  (Read 102075 times)
vindimy
Bigger member

Cakes 15

lolwut?

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 02:34:58 PM »

RoOst3r, maybe one of your next movies should be a tutorial on your tricks (with slow motion and captions to explain it all)... Share the talent Cheesy

menganito
Lesser Nub

Cakes 7

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 09:06:14 AM »

Yeah, I'd love to learn some of it as well...
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 08:08:42 AM »

Menganito, long time no see brah, how u been, where ya been?

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 08:33:11 AM »

Nice video. Smiley
It looks great and runs great too.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Chaos
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 10:30:36 AM »

nice job!
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 11:03:31 AM »

"File is Unavailable.

The file you are attempting to download is not currently available on our servers or is being processed. Please try your download in a few minutes."

Huh
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2009, 04:53:36 AM »

"File is Unavailable.

The file you are attempting to download is not currently available on our servers or is being processed. Please try your download in a few minutes."

You can find both RoOst3r's and Gerbil's video on these sites:

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 11:52:44 AM »

thanks
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2009, 01:48:21 PM »

RoOst3r, maybe one of your next movies should be a tutorial on your tricks (with slow motion and captions to explain it all)... Share the talent Cheesy

That's easy

If u spect CPMA bots at a level >= 86 , you can see they have the "same talent" at quite every range like he ( apparently ) had/has.

A little explanation :

- the player's speed is known ( 320 ups in normal condition , a jumper can push a player at higher speed but the value is anyway constant and known - u can see it with /cg_drawspeed 1 )
- the rocket's speed is known ( 900 ups in VQ3 , 1000 ups in CPM )
- the bot adjust the aiming angle ( alpha )  to exactly hit the player when he/she will be when the rocket will arrive
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 06:50:11 PM »

well falkland, you are assuming that the player is moving at walking speed, exactly perpendicular to yourself.

If u spect CPMA bots at a level >= 86 , you can see they have the "same talent" at quite every range like he ( apparently ) had/has.

you are honestly trying to accuse rooster of hacking? You do realize you have ABSOLUTLY NO proof of this at all whatsoever? Have you ever simply considered that he is good at getting air rockets, and probably has played q3 since it came out before coming to oa. Have you ever considered that he is BETTER than you?

flick rails - every single one of them he clearly saw before shooting, plus the targets were relatively close when he shot them.
air rox - so he looked at the targets speed, distance, and direction and made a guess as to where he should shoot the rocket. If he misses, oh well; if he hits, yay! another one for the video. You have to be a quick thinker and good at estimating, but for experienced player, it's not so extraordinary of a feat.

I did read your post on the rainbow forums, in all honesty, I couldn't stop laughing for at least a minute. I nominate you for biggest paranoid raging noob rant of the year. Here is your post:
Quote from: Falkland
Did u see also the railshot that touched me before the rocket that he shoted ?

BTW , this guy seems to have his brain ( does he have a brain Huh ) calculating vectors indeed ... airockets , expecially when the target is far from you , require u ( and all normal people ) to estimate where your target will be when your rocket will arrive there.

I said " TO ESTIMATE " 'cause rockets' speed is known ( 900 ups in VQ3 ) eventually , but players speed is not , because even u admit that every player is moving at the default linear speed ( 320 ups ) , jumpers have not the same speed in every map. Rocket splash damage radius is not significant in airockets because usually there are not obstacles near the target ; the only way to splash damage radius to be significant is AFTER you directly hit your target ( that's why an airockets can catch 200 hp ... 100 hp by the direct hit and 99hp by the splash damage ).

This guy seems to be so ease with predicted players position just in every map , also when apparently there are not any visual reference ( a item , an armor , a health ball ... an object in the map , a visual reference in the sky ... something ) ... wow ... definitely he's ease with vectorial speed calculation : linear speed in ups and direction expressed with x,y,z coordinates ... maybe he can solve any differential equation without writing anything on paper .... or MAYBE .... BUT MAYBE .... he "has" the same attitude of CPMA bots at a level equal or higher than 86 , when the evil RL is enabled and your position is predicted just on EVERY SHOTED ROCKET.

Now the nice rails : the first railshot in the video is against kernel_panic on oa_ctf2 ... he had kernel_panic in front of him for a few seconds before taking the jumper ... but of course he's not normal so he didn't tried to shot him when in front , but ONLY ... and I say ONLY ... when both were taking the jumpers and kernel was on his left out of his visual.

The rest of the video contains many other strange railshots where he suddenly turned on his left or his right shoting his enemies , also while they were respawning. How do I have to call this attitude ? Should I have to call it Rooster's SUDDENLY_RAILSHOTTING_ENEMIES_WHEN_THEY_ARE_ON_MY_LEFT_OR_ON_MY_RIGHT ?

Or MAYBE ... but MAYBE ... the enemy is shoted after an automatic relevation of enemy's distance ... or ... when he press the FIRE button ( uh Huh does he really press it Huh ) , first the crosshair goes suddenly on the enemy and then the enemy is shoted.

This video remember me the GetQuaked 3 quake3 video ... nice to be watched but which is "branded" as not so full of "authentic skills" also on QL forum.
btw there is no such word in the english language as "shoted".

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009, 08:21:22 AM »

well falkland, you are assuming that the player is moving at walking speed, exactly perpendicular to yourself.

I've figured the simplest case : even if we admit that a player trajectory ( eg while taking a jumper )  is parabolic , it can be always expressed as a vector and if there's a thing that any code can do with its best is COMPUTE NUMBERS ( linear or vectorial )  or do u think that what u see on the screen is drawn by a God himself miracle ?

And VQ3 air control is anyway _LIMITED_ .

Everyone can download and install CPMA , give a try to CPMA bots at the whatever level he/she wants and verify what I'm talking about

Quote from : http://www.promode.org/wiki/index.php/Bots

The skill thresholds are:
* 79- has pretty sucky aim
* 81+ enables evil RL
* 86+ tries to avoid "bad" RG shots **
* bot_challenge 1
  * enables evil hitscan at skill 91+ after you're open for 0.5-0.25s
  * doesn't degrade accuracy at close ranges
  * aims faster after using a tele
  * does NOT otherwise affect aim skill
  * uses the "alternate" weapon choices (more hitscan)

you are honestly trying to accuse rooster of hacking? You do realize you have ABSOLUTLY NO proof of this at all whatsoever?

PLS , of CHEATING .... I've asked him for the demos used to edit the video : NO RESPONSE

flick rails - every single one of them he clearly saw before shooting, plus the targets were relatively close when he shot them.

Well , Rooster's reply is , for sure ,  extremely more resonable than yours : http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=2959.msg24169#msg24169

I did read your post on the rainbow forums, in all honesty, I couldn't stop laughing for at least a minute.

I'm happy that I made u laughing ... I recomend to you to take breath next time because your a-minute-long-histeric-laughing leave your blood full of CO2 and can cause a hypoxia to your brain "contained" in a body used to sit for very long time over a chair.
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, 12:31:11 PM »

maybe you are not paying attention to the fine detail and think its the same but really its not...  have a close look at movements while watching it, its obviously low sensitivity human.  if i were to accuse him of anything its of learning from AxioM.
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 12:02:24 AM »

I've figured the simplest case : even if we admit that a player trajectory ( eg while taking a jumper )  is parabolic , it can be always expressed as a vector and if there's a thing that any code can do with its best is COMPUTE NUMBERS ( linear or vectorial )  or do u think that what u see on the screen is drawn by a God himself miracle ?
And VQ3 air control is anyway _LIMITED_ .
all I was pointing out was the complete uselessness of your picture of basic trig. Your english is so bad here I don't even want to try.

PLS , of CHEATING .... I've asked him for the demos used to edit the video : NO RESPONSE
and that means...... You know I havn't seen rooster on oa for a very long time. Maybe he has a life? Not everybody waits around their computer waiting to correct your apparently adamant noobiness like I do Wink

Well , Rooster's reply is , for sure ,  extremely more resonable than yours : http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=2959.msg24169#msg24169
The only thing different that I said was that the targets were relatively close, everything else is pretty much the same, I have no clue what the hell you were reading. The targets were all pretty close, there were no cross map flick shots. The main point, is that it is an estimation, using clues such as their position before they went out of site, and their speed before going out of site. The rest is guessing and good aim. If one is off, oh well, it doesn't get put in the video.

I am not even going to quote your post on cpma bots, I have  no idea where your trying to go on that. So cmpa bots can be perfect, guess what rooster is anything but, and there is ample evidence IN HIS VIDEO of that. You can see several missed rockets, some of which are way off. A high level cmpa bot would not make such mistakes. You prove absolutely nothing by copy/pasting a post from cpma boards.

continuing on
YOUR ENTIRE POST WAS A GIANT NOOB RANT WHICH ONLY EMPHASIZED HOW NAIVE YOU ARE
let me explain.
BTW , this guy seems to have his brain ( does he have a brain Huh ) calculating vectors indeed ... airockets , expecially when the target is far from you , require u ( and all normal people ) to estimate where your target will be when your rocket will arrive there.
all normal people can estimate where a target will be and when quite easily if they have some experience, maybe you just suck. Estimation is an easy.

I said " TO ESTIMATE " 'cause rockets' speed is known ( 900 ups in VQ3 ) eventually , but players speed is not , because even u admit that every player is moving at the default linear speed ( 320 ups ) , jumpers have not the same speed in every map. Rocket splash damage radius is not significant in airockets because usually there are not obstacles near the target ; the only way to splash damage radius to be significant is AFTER you directly hit your target ( that's why an airockets can catch 200 hp ... 100 hp by the direct hit and 99hp by the splash damage ).
direct rockets will ALWAYS WITHOUT EXCEPTION DO 100 DAMAGE so stfu about stats you obviously know nothing about. In any case, this proves nothing about rooster hacking or not.

This guy seems to be so ease with predicted players position just in every map , also when apparently there are not any visual reference ( a item , an armor , a health ball ... an object in the map , a visual reference in the sky ... something ) ... wow ... definitely he's ease with vectorial speed calculation : linear speed in ups and direction expressed with x,y,z coordinates ... maybe he can solve any differential equation without writing anything on paper .... or MAYBE .... BUT MAYBE .... he "has" the same attitude of CPMA bots at a level equal or higher than 86 , when the evil RL is enabled and your position is predicted just on EVERY SHOTED ROCKET.
Now this is the part where I started laughing. WHO THE HELL NEEDS A VISUAL REFERENCE BEFORE SHOOTING? You look at the target, see their general direction, wether the target is getting smaller or larger, then make an estimation and shoot. 90% of the time they are going off of a bounce pad, which means you ALREADY should know their general position and speed. A CHILD COULD TELL YOU THIS. You do not need calculus to solve it, you just need half a brain, something you obviously do not possess.

Now the nice rails : the first railshot in the video is against kernel_panic on oa_ctf2 ... he had kernel_panic in front of him for a few seconds before taking the jumper ... but of course he's not normal so he didn't tried to shot him when in front , but ONLY ... and I say ONLY ... when both were taking the jumpers and kernel was on his left out of his visual.
You cannot nitpick about what he does and does not do in the heat of a match, even if experienced players record themselves, and watch the video afterwards, they WILL see mistakes, they WILL see shots they could have taken but missed. I would also like to point out rooster only just got on the bounce pad, so shooting first thing isn't something you always do. I can almost guarantee that kernal panic never left his visual. If rooster made the video with a SLIGHTLY lower fov, then his normal fov would have very easily seen him. Even if both fov's were the same, kernal panic never left his view long enough for it to be a spectacular shot. Further more, kernal panic was moving along a VERY VERY predictable course, rooster could have very easily waited longer before shooting, and still expect a good chance at hitting. All in all, this shot was nothing spectacular, I have no idea why your getting your panties in a knot over it.

The rest of the video contains many other strange railshots where he suddenly turned on his left or his right shoting his enemies , also while they were respawning. How do I have to call this attitude ? Should I have to call it Rooster's SUDDENLY_RAILSHOTTING_ENEMIES_WHEN_THEY_ARE_ON_MY_LEFT_OR_ON_MY_RIGHT ?
Welcome to flick/twitch rails! These are hardly anything extraordinary. As it has probably been explained to you countless times, ONE: he saw them before he shot, TWO: they were relatively close by, THREE: he made an estimate about where they were and shot, FOUR: if he misses it doesn't make it in the video, life moves on. He also could have potentially used a higher fov to make those shots even easier. All in all, nothing spectacular enough to hit the capslock button and start using underscores instead of using that trusty spacebar.

Or MAYBE ... but MAYBE ... the enemy is shoted after an automatic relevation of enemy's distance ... or ... when he press the FIRE button ( uh Huh does he really press it Huh ) , first the crosshair goes suddenly on the enemy and then the enemy is shoted.
I have no fuckin clue what they hell your talking about here. You are trying to assume outrageous claims based on ZERO evidence. The crosshair goes suddenly on the enemy probably cause he AIMED AT THEM YOU FUCKING NOOB. And the part when they got shot, well rooster probably CLICKED MOUSE 1. It's not god damn rocket science, hell its not even basic trig.

This video remember me the GetQuaked 3 quake3 video ... nice to be watched but which is "branded" as not so full of "authentic skills" also on QL forum.
Yeah, I seriously doubt that that was not authentic because they had 68 high level players working over who knows how long, collecting over 1500 demos. When I say high level players, I do not mean high level by oa standards. Wake up kid.

I watched all of roosters video several times, and I saw nothing exceptional. There were a lot of skilled air rockets, a couple lucky rails/rockets, but all in all, it was very clear that it was a human making that video. I do not know how many times I have to tell you this before it gets through, but JUST BECAUSE YOU SUCK DOES NOT MEAN EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS AS MUCH AS YOU DO. Get over it kid, move on with your god damn life.

he awoke with a frieght
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 08:50:53 AM »

All this BLA BLA to point on how "ridiculous and noob I am" and/or "how much I suck" ... but your statement :

WHO THE HELL NEEDS A VISUAL REFERENCE BEFORE SHOOTING?

is really explanatory.

And u are using again the term of hacking : infact everyone knows Rooster's Q3 and/or OA mod ( *sarcastic* ) ... actually nor Rooster , neither you is able to "hack" a tube that is lacking water.

Yeah, I seriously doubt that that was not authentic because they had 68 high level players working over who knows how long, collecting over 1500 demos.

I wrote that the video was blamed as "FULL OF CHEATS" at QL forum , so blame QL forum not me for this ...

« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:02:49 AM by Falkland » Logged
RoOst3r
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2009, 03:31:16 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qur9LCjz84&feature=related

And u are using again the term of hacking : infact everyone knows Rooster's Q3 and/or OA mod ( *sarcastic* ) ... actually nor Rooster , neither you is able to "hack" a tube that is lacking water.

I can see my name in there so I suppose it has something to do with me. Unfortunately, what you wrote makes no sense in English.

You got no response because this is the first time I have ever heard you wanted demos. When and where did you ask me for demos? If the only response you got back was a lot of clucking and pecking then you asked the wrong rooster.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 07:34:06 AM »

You are mixing the conscious and subconscious mind. The conscious mind is responsible for solving mathematical problems, the subconscious is for regulating your breathing, balance when you move etc. While you're right that adding two 3D vectors uses the conscious mind and requires a lot of time and concentration, navigation in 3D space and hitting targets is controlled by the subconscious mind. When I learned psychology at the uni, we've watched a documentary with the following experiment:

A good football player could make a run and throw 100%. He was asked to put special goggles on, which shorted his sight, so he had seen the objects closer than they really were. With the goggles on he was again asked to throw the ball, and guess what: he failed 10 times in a row. After a while his brain got used to the sight and reset his hand-eye control, and again he could hit the running guy 100%. After the goggles were removed he again needed some time to regain his skills. Can a college football star make vector additions in his mind? I doubt so, but his subconscious mind was pretty awesome. There's a video on youtube, which is like the experiment I talked about, but not the same.

So when playing OpenArena not your conscious mind is working adding vectors in your head, but your subconscious which is developing as you play. How much do Gerbil and RoOst3r play OpenArena? 4 hours a day or more? Shooting air rockets is like breathing for them, because their subconscious know pretty much about the OpenArena world. You can see that in every flick rail:
  • was the guy moving next to me red or blue? (conscious mind, takes time)
  • was he heading toward our base? (conscious mind, takes time)
  • until I figured out that he's dangerous and have to kill him, he got behind me
  • move my hand and click the button (subconscious, damn fast)
I'm pretty sure you also exprienced that if someone is looking at you, you know it, and turn your head toward him, but you don't really know why you turned your head until you are facing each other. That's subconscious. Or you don't realise that you have railed someone until you see that frag message. That happens to me pretty often.

To wrap it up, it's pretty much like the jedi skill RoOst3r posted, but the explanation is more scientific Smiley. The human brain is incredible, believe in it Wink.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2009, 09:41:48 AM »

You are mixing the conscious and subconscious mind. The conscious mind is responsible for solving mathematical problems, the subconscious is for regulating your breathing, balance when you move etc. While you're right that adding two 3D vectors uses the conscious mind and requires a lot of time and concentration, navigation in 3D space and hitting targets is controlled by the subconscious mind.

I was trying to explain in a sarcastic way , that he used a bot ( a piece of code ) : 3D Q3 reality is generated by code and if u use another piece of code that reads the same values and vectors , it doesn't need to learn . It just reads values , calculates the right angle and shots : ALL in the time interval of a MOUSE CLICK. And there's no way this to be different because Q3 3D is a limited-self-contained world : there could not be any casual events or any relativistic effect that can change this behavoiur. And again , in VQ3 air control is limited : u cannot significantly adjust your trajectory ( u cannot curve as in CPM )

A good football player could make a run and throw 100%. He was asked to put special goggles on, which shorted his sight, so he had seen the objects closer than they really were. With the goggles on he was again asked to throw the ball, and guess what: he failed 10 times in a row. After a while his brain got used to the sight and reset his hand-eye control, and again he could hit the running guy 100%. After the goggles were removed he again needed some time to regain his skills.

That's a point for me , because I was present in most of the matches recorded and he was too fast to adapt his prediction skills by a map with certain jumpers and distances to another one.

How much do Gerbil and RoOst3r play OpenArena? 4 hours a day or more? Shooting air rockets is like breathing for them, because their subconscious know pretty much about the OpenArena world.

That's what I pointed here : http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=3262.msg26724#msg26724

About airrockets : with practice u can have a high percentage of airockets placed expecially in overplayed maps or after playing a long game session .... but what u cannot do for sure is easily adapting your prediction capacity to many different jumpers/distance : not all the jumpers have all the same speed and other players are usual to RJ over them : if u see a player doing airrockets in quite all situations in a easy way as drinking water , it could be much more than a suspect.

You can see that in every flick rail

The problem I was trying to point is that those flick rails seen in the video seem to be too much serial ( the movement , the distance of the target ... )

You got no response because this is the first time I have ever heard you wanted demos. When and where did you ask me for demos? If the only response you got back was a lot of clucking and pecking then you asked the wrong rooster.

Ok shame on me ... but where's the link for demos ?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 07:30:34 PM by Falkland » Logged
RoOst3r
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2009, 04:50:04 AM »

Ok shame on me ... but where's the link for demos ?

I finally found your request for demos. You posted it on the RN forums under the section "Art and design" which is hidden unless you have an account.

http://rainbow.furver.se/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1602&start=15

It's funny that you thought I would reply to a post in a hidden section of a forum for a European clan when you know I am an American player and have no reason to have an account there. Using that to then heavily imply that I am a botter because I have never responded to you is pathetic at best. You could have posted your request to any of the four forums, this one included, that I posted my video on if you wanted me to see it. It's quite apparent from your comments that you have already convicted me based on nothing more than assumptions. Now you want me to supply you with what you think is proof since you were too lazy to spend the time spectating me and collecting it yourself.

Fine. I will release the demos for you and let you choose how I do it.

Choice #1
When I get around to it I will post the demos on some hidden area of some random American forum on the internet that you will only be able to see if you have an account to it. If you get lucky and find it you will then have all the demos you wanted.

Choice #2
I have hundreds if not thousands of demos. Getting those demos means loading up my old video and going through clip by clip writing down where each one came from. Then compiling a list of demos matched with times. I am not interested in wasting my time in helping you in your feeble attempts to try and prove that I bot. So send me $50 U.S. dollars, as a nuisance fee, and I will post all the demos wherever you want.

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2009, 04:55:18 AM »

Cheesy
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2009, 05:44:48 PM »

I finally found your request for demos. You posted it on the RN forums under the section "Art and design" which is hidden unless you have an account.

http://rainbow.furver.se/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1602&start=15

It's funny that you thought I would reply to a post in a hidden section of a forum for a European clan when you know I am an American player and have no reason to have an account there. Using that to then heavily imply that I am a botter because I have never responded to you is pathetic at best. You could have posted your request to any of the four forums, this one included, that I posted my video on if you wanted me to see it... Now you want me to supply you with what you think is proof since you were too lazy to spend the time spectating me and collecting it yourself.

I've replied only there simply because I didn't yet have an account on OA forum. There's nothing to deal with your nationality or your origin; and I talk by myself : I've used Joki's draw only because it's a representation of what I want to explain.
You can search for my old posts on RN about cheaters and discover that it didn't deal with nationality and/or player's origin.
Anyway I've asked for your demos at the Nemesis many times after the video was published even if u've apparently disappeared.
But I'm quite sure u've read my request directly there too , even if you've joined with fake nicks.
And since I've accused directly you _BEFORE_ the video was released , I've tried hard to record you for a full game session but I was not able to do simply because u were going on spec on the next map exactly when I was going on spec too to record you ( what a coincidence )

It's quite apparent from your comments that you have already convicted me based on nothing more than assumptions.

Well you and Gerbil are trying to convince forum readers that I'm noob , paranoid , obsessioned , useless , mindless , pathetic, that my english is s*it ( because you know that I'm Italian and the stereotype of "The Italian talking Spaghetti english" is still popular) ... etc etc etc ... and that your video is full of authentic skills with so many words that all the speech seems more like a political speech than a rational explanation of facts.

In my experience facts are always simple and can be perfectly expressed by talking/writing in a sysnthetic way.
So I will be synthetic : I suggest to ppl to focus on this 2 points while watching this video :
- easy adaptation to different jumpers and distances while "airocketing" other players
- too much serialized "flick rails" ( the movement , the DISTANCE of the target )

Fine. I will release the demos for you and let you choose how I do it.

First of all , if u will release demos, u will do not only for me , but for all ppl interested now and that could be interested in the future since the video is on youtube.
Will u ask for money also if other members of the OA community will ask for demos ?
Because it's a good and fair practice of the really skilled players to release demos used to edit a frag/trick video ( eg quake3 Event Horizon 2 defrag trick video , most of the CPM community productions .... )

direct rockets will ALWAYS WITHOUT EXCEPTION DO 100 DAMAGE

I can clearly remember at least 3 times when I catched more than 100 hp of damage to my opponent with a direct (air)rocket :
- on aggressor map : after taking MH , picking LG , going to take the YA under the SG place in front of the teleport for RG , I've fragged him with a direct rocket while jumping over YA ( more than 100 hp of damage )
- on aggressor map : after taking MH, I've fragged my opponent with a direct rocket while he was jumping in air and going back to the stairs to pick RG ( again , more than 100 hp of damage )
- on oa_ctf4 map : after taking MH in the middle , my opponent took the jumper for the SG platform and I've fragged him with a direct rocket ( more than 100 hp of damage again )

Negative timenudge effect, prediction error, physics' bug ? IDK.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2009, 08:14:10 PM »

I've replied only there simply because I didn't yet have an account on OA forum. There's nothing to deal with your nationality or your origin; and I talk by myself.
You can search for my old posts on RN about cheaters and discover that it didn't deal with nationality and/or player's origin.
I think you missed rooster's point. He's simply saying he's american, so it's somehow normal if he's not registered (yet Cheesy) on, for example, our french speaking forum, because localization is important when you have a clan, not to have a too high ping when you play, I think you know that. Also, don't feel too lonely being Italian, I'm french and I believe we've got a quite bad educationnal system here when it comes to teach english, so yeah, maybe I misunderstood too.

I was quite impressed by the moves rooster makes with his railgun ("flick-rails" then) because the few Q3 frag movies I watched didn't show that kind of things, now I'm a bit less impressed by these rocket shoots (even if they are quite good), maybe because I'm myself doing okay with a RL, and also because if like me you've seen some of these Q3 movies you should already know how good some players can be with it.

To sum up I see no cheating at all in that video, it's fun to see how suspicious you can be (robots conspiracy ?), but I also fear the more you investigate the less you are credible.

PS: I can also tell I've never felt like making/receiving 100+ damage with any rocket, nor with some rail hit.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2009, 09:11:30 AM »

I wrote that the video was blamed as "FULL OF CHEATS" at QL forum , so blame QL forum not me for this ...
So why bother posting that here in the first place...

[/quote]
I've replied only there simply because I didn't yet have an account on OA forum.
I had no idea it was so difficult to make an account on this forum.

Well you and Gerbil are trying to convince forum readers that I'm noob , paranoid , obsessioned , useless , mindless , pathetic
If anyone was following this, they would have already been convinced that your all those things after reading my quote of your post on the RN forums Wink

that my english is s*it ( because you know that I'm Italian and the stereotype of "The Italian talking Spaghetti english" is still popular)
Wow you are just full of far fetched assumptions Falkland!
I had no idea you were Italian, and had no idea there was an "Italian talking spaghetti English" stereotype. I couldn't care less what country you live in, nor what language you nativity speak. All I am saying is that your some of your posts are next to impossible to read. I think it is pretty funny you assumed that everyone automatically knows your Italian and is judging you based off of that.

... etc etc etc ... and that your video is full of authentic skills with so many words that all the speech seems more like a political speech than a rational explanation of facts.
political speach? wat

First of all , if u will release demos, u will do not only for me , but for all ppl interested now and that could be interested in the future since the video is on youtube.
Will u ask for money also if other members of the OA community will ask for demos ?
Because it's a good and fair practice of the really skilled players to release demos used to edit a frag/trick video ( eg quake3 Event Horizon 2 defrag trick video , most of the CPM community productions .... )
hate to break it to you, but you are THE ONLY ONE that is convinced that rooster is cheating. I am very confident that you are in fact THE ONLY ONE who wants to get these demos.

[/quote]

he awoke with a frieght
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2009, 11:42:08 AM »

So why bother posting that here in the first place...

I've wrote that Rooster is not able to hack , not unable to USE a hack that someone else made .
And about the GetQuaked3 , the quad carnage on q3dm6 doesn't seem to be made by a human.

I had no idea it was so difficult to make an account on this forum.

I was not intentioned to get an account here indeed.

If anyone was following this, they would have already been convinced that your all those things after reading my quote of your post on the RN forums Wink

Of course and since you are the God of OA they venerate and will venerate you for life.

hate to break it to you, but you are THE ONLY ONE that is convinced that rooster is cheating. I am very confident that you are in fact THE ONLY ONE who wants to get these demos.

Another excuse to escape the request and not to post the demos indeed.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2009, 06:26:51 PM »

... so yeah, maybe I misunderstood too....

Rooster's and Gerbil's opinion is that I've wrote the post on RN in a hidden section in the same way as a kid writes "I hate this , I hate that" in his secret diary... so their thesis are all against me , my person ...  but in my opinion they are using this argument for not posting the demos.

I don't know how I can define this .

but I also fear the more you investigate the less you are credible.

Sure , I see that they are very nice persons.

PS: I can also tell I've never felt like making/receiving 100+ damage with any rocket, nor with some rail hit.

Neither me indeed but my opponents confirmed that to me too ( eg : "You've catched me 200hp .. HOW ?" ... and so on )
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2009, 11:39:50 PM »

I've wrote that Rooster is not able to hack , not unable to USE a hack that someone else made .
And about the GetQuaked3 , the quad carnage on q3dm6 doesn't seem to be made by a human.
does it matter? neither were hacking, I don't see why you have so much difficulty getting this through to your head. T_T

Of course and since you are the God of OA they venerate and will venerate you for life.
I said that they would read your RN post and be able to deduce that you are indeed "noob , paranoid , obsessioned , useless , mindless , pathetic" all by themselves.

Another excuse to escape the request and not to post the demos indeed.
basically rooster doesn't want to post the demos because of all the time it would take to look through them all finding the ones he wants. Personally I think he could just post ALL of the demos, and let you sort through them ALL yourself. Maybe he would be able to compress them all in one massive ass zip file or something. Either way, it's a LOT of work to satisfy one single noob that seems to be completely incapable of listening to common sense.

but I also fear the more you investigate the less you are credible.
Sure , I see that they are very nice persons.
What cacatoes says is very correct, if you have done any research or non-fiction reading, you will know that finding any false information will GREATLY reduce the credibility of that source. If that source can be wrong in one area, what is stopping it from being wrong in others? Why should I trust a source I already know is incorrect? The more you investigate and accuse people who are obviously not hacking, the more people will not trust your judgment.

Neither me indeed but my opponents confirmed that to me too ( eg : "You've catched me 200hp .. HOW ?" ... and so on )
I am very skeptical about this, perhaps a teammate hit with a rail right before getting shot. Demos would be nice Tongue

he awoke with a frieght
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: