Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OA inside view(title for getting attention )  (Read 5495 times)
schumi_gr
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: April 12, 2009, 06:04:34 AM »

Hi all,i have been playing OA for a year from ver 0.7.6 .My nickname in game now is schumi/hitman and i ll change it to schumi_gr which is my quakelive nick too.Had played q3arena for some time years ago but abandoned it.Then after 4-5 years i was looking for a free ioquake3 game in wikipedia and found OA ,Urban Terror,Tremulous and some others.Only OA was worth it for me(urban terror had lame gameplay imo)and i loved it.Some of u must have seen me in game.I usually play ctf in RN,ROFL instagib,Evil,Nemesis and others and some ffa.

I always liked the fast menus in OA and q3a.I have not seen another game of whatever pc requirements that could load up so quickly in the main menu and also load and exit from maps that quickly.The graphics are plain yes, but the smoothness of gameplay are the best in history!!(compared to quakelive much faster also)

Now OA specific:
The models are ok,not sth great but we can live with it.Some weapon models though might be good idea to rethink(rocket launcher hehe ).

The maps as far as i have seen dont suck as much as u are whining for.But sure q1 maps need to leave,ctf maps must improve.

The popularity of the game is a letdown.Maybe most people would like more PRO features, i dont know.Since quakelive will probably gather most of the completely newbies to q3 universe why not OA go to a more competitive direction??Also devs and fans should make threads in quakelive forums promoting OA.I have to say though i HATE the fact that q3 community has been splited over so many mods and games of q3.I guess this is partly cause of different styles/competition level gamers want to have but that is devastating for the community.For me the best multiplayer fps ever created deserves sth better!!!!

Before i close my first post i have to ask u sth:Why in quakelive i am much worse than in OA?I know there are many pros there but i dont mean that.It is easier to get fragged yes,but my problem is that in quakelive i dont hit my enemies so easily!!For example in OA instagib i own when in ql i am miserably average in the score table.I use same crosshair.Maybe some settings in the engine make difference(i have noticed that in OA unlag hitscan setting may affect performance)or the models in ql r strange??Any opinions??

HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 09:41:41 AM »

I personally think it just some mental adjusting you have to do. You are used to players, maps, timings, small configurations, models etc. Once you play the QL for the amount of time you played QA, you will be good to go. I dont play QL but after I put in my settings I had to get used to movements, maps and models. The rules of scoring is different as well. I think you'll be fine if you play it long enough.

p.s.
Looks like my twin is no longer gonna be around. What a shame :-)

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
schumi_gr
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 09:47:09 AM »

p.s.
Looks like my twin is no longer gonna be around. What a shame :-)

I ll keep it if u want to ...... 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 09:50:07 AM by schumi_gr » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: