Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ]instant gib[ Vs. ]instant big freeze tag[ - Do you have a server?  (Read 6809 times)
feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« on: April 13, 2009, 07:48:17 AM »

Why in hell are instant gib servers always populated... its like x100 times funnier when you add the freeze tag component...

noghost its the most popular mod in quake 1.16 (www.noghost.net) Maverik (the author) made a modification to the mod so it can be played in oa...

my upload sucks and i cannot set a server myself :S

Im sure once noghost start its reign here, no only-instant-gib server will ever be the same

Whatever i say in this post is true unless fromhell said otherway. In that case I disagree with what I just wrote. I meant to write what fromhell said.
-------
I also would like to add that im not a chick. I use this model coz i like the thong of the sorceress when i die (witch rarely happens) Smiley
menganito
Lesser Nub

Cakes 7

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 08:12:18 AM »

Freeze tag requires more teamplay, you don't get the "satisfaction" of enemy gibbing like a fountain, you have to use your BRAIN, you have to allow autodl to get the mod in the first place and then, downloading takes a few seconds/minutes (depending on connection). Note that IG servers' population is usually 50% noobs and 50% players using them noobs as practice targets...

I actually never played FT, for the server is always empty and playing alone sucks.
vindimy
Bigger member

Cakes 15

lolwut?

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 11:47:18 AM »

i don't like freezetag when the enemy is good and you spend most of your time frozen :/ furthermore, i think there's a setting to "thaw" after a certain amount of time, but server admins make it too big or don't use it. so you can be stuck frozen for a while (and can't even spec at that time). other than that, i think it's a fun way to play Smiley

mathieu
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:48:07 AM »

I've played q3 with freeztag in excessive plus. IMO freeze tag is fun, but that's a _team based_ game type and 80% of oa players are playing like deathmatch while playing ctf...
Too much nobrain noobs on oa servers to expect good and fun games.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 03:27:12 AM »

too bad there aren't more servers with players - freeze tag is very funny.
feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM »

Freeze tag requires more teamplay, you don't get the "satisfaction" of enemy gibbing like a fountain, you have to use your BRAIN, you have to allow autodl to get the mod in the first place and then, downloading takes a few seconds/minutes (depending on connection). Note that IG servers' population is usually 50% noobs and 50% players using them noobs as practice targets...

I actually never played FT, for the server is always empty and playing alone sucks.

haha, i dont think is that brain intensive... and yeah, it needs that your teammates knows how to thaw, but thats all... its very similar to team instant gib...

I've played q3 with freeztag in excessive plus. IMO freeze tag is fun, but that's a _team based_ game type and 80% of oa players are playing like deathmatch while playing ctf...
Too much nobrain noobs on oa servers to expect good and fun games.

Excessive plus is a noob mod from starters... regular noobs can have fun in freeze tag with regular weapons or just instant gib... Smiley

Whatever i say in this post is true unless fromhell said otherway. In that case I disagree with what I just wrote. I meant to write what fromhell said.
-------
I also would like to add that im not a chick. I use this model coz i like the thong of the sorceress when i die (witch rarely happens) Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: