Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something happened with my ingame messages  (Read 6812 times)
Nixon
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: April 21, 2009, 12:17:19 PM »

OpenArena crashed one day and I lost all my single player info, had to re-enter my name and such, and now the in game messages (talking, who ate who's rocket, etc) aren't displayed.

also when i press 't' to talk, i can't see what i am writing, but i can send it.

everything (who got railed, banter, my comments, etc) still shows in the console.

i lurked around for a similar problem, but either i suck at searching, or there isn't one.

Thanks for looking even if you can't help.
yasha
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Did thunder hit my head?

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 01:25:34 PM »

It's probably aomething with your q3confing.cfg (on linux it's in ~/,openarena/baseoa/). Can you post that file (it's text) here?

About bots its probably this line
Code:
set bot_nochat "1"
If its 1 then bots won't talk, if its 0 they will talk.

About thing with writing i have no idea.

... Am I in desert? ...
Nixon
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 01:56:17 PM »

it isn't just the bots that won't talk, & i can't find the q3confing.cfg file, all that was in /baseoa/ was a bunch of pk3 files ; should there be one? maybe thats why it doesn't work
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 02:24:44 PM »

If you're running Windows, check your Document & Settings directory, and search after the OpenArena directory inside it.
There should be the q3config.cfg file there.

I'm not sure the problem comes from your configuration, however.
You may try to move this OA folder (with custom files which have been created/downloaded), then start the game as if it was freshly installed, to check if the problem persists.

Todo: Walk the cat.
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 03:32:12 PM »

OpenArena crashed one day and I lost all my single player info, had to re-enter my name and such, and now the in game messages (talking, who ate who's rocket, etc) aren't displayed.

also when i press 't' to talk, i can't see what i am writing, but i can send it.

everything (who got railed, banter, my comments, etc) still shows in the console.

i lurked around for a similar problem, but either i suck at searching, or there isn't one.

Thanks for looking even if you can't help.
I also get this problem, sometimes when I have too many mods I end up losing all my player info, watch the mods you allow to your game, some are very dangerous. and also if you fiddle with data in your OA file Mods are never safe

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
Nixon
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »

Cacatoes: windows user, guilty :\ , i moved all of them to another folder and the problem went away; have to set everything up from scratch but it fixed the problem! thank you, I would have never thought of that!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: