Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maya to create a model?  (Read 10630 times)
jukeboxhero
Nub

Cakes 1

...stars in my eyes...

« on: April 23, 2009, 09:41:55 PM »

Hello everyone,

I wanted to create a character (model) for OpenArena. I know how to model in Maya. Can I use Maya to create a character for OpenArena? Or do I HAVE to use Blender?

ggs,
JukeBoxHero
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 10:19:46 PM »

if you use Maya, then we won't be able to accept it as it can't be freely modified without a licensed copy of Maya, which can be pricey. I also can't give any technical assistance with Maya either.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 05:46:21 AM »

if you use the muskoka plugin for maya you can model in the md3 format. but i don't think the plugin works for newer versions of maya.
in school i've gotten it to work with maya 8.5. here's a link for the muskoka project forum.
jukeboxhero
Nub

Cakes 1

...stars in my eyes...

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 12:57:04 AM »

if you use Maya, then we won't be able to accept it as it can't be freely modified without a licensed copy of Maya, which can be pricey. I also can't give any technical assistance with Maya either.

can i export the model to an open format so that it can be used by u (and others)?

ggs,
JukeBoxHero
jukeboxhero
Nub

Cakes 1

...stars in my eyes...

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 12:58:52 AM »

if you use the muskoka plugin for maya you can model in the md3 format. but i don't think the plugin works for newer versions of maya.
in school i've gotten it to work with maya 8.5. here's a link for the muskoka project forum.

ty, i will check it out!

ggs,
JukeBoxHero
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: