Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grappler/Invincibility models  (Read 44639 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 07:36:22 AM »

Beam and gun should be aligned on the code, as every weapon, I guess.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 08:50:34 PM »

Hey Noob Sauce, that texture I made was really just to see what the grapple gun looked like in game. It's not really suitable for detailed modifications as my UVmap is insane. If I fix the UVmap for detail, the texture will be destroyed (no big deal, it was a quickie).

I can redo the UV map but I want to make sure the mesh is in a near final form first. Do you have a script or something in your autoexec.cfg to spin your character around in 3rd person? It's helpful for checking out weapons and player models in game.

With a sane UVmap, I can export the outline. You can load up the outline in a paint program of your choice (might need to be free/ libre) and color in your texture that way. I could do the texture myself but an artist I ain't.
Noob Sauce
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 12:35:06 PM »

Afraid I don't have that (the script) and the paint program doesn't have to be free, just the end product.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 01:33:52 PM »

I really don't like the invincibility since it looks like a mask.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2009, 12:46:40 AM »

Afraid I don't have that (the script) and the paint program doesn't have to be free, just the end product.

Here's the script I use. It goes in the baseoa dir. It's just a bunch of OA console commands but it makes life a lot easier. You can turn it on by execing it from the console or putting it in your autoexec.cfg.

\exec demo.cfg

You can go 3rd person in normal play but spinning the camera and zooming is cheat protected. You can access a map with cheats on by using the devmap command. (BTW, you can type in most of a command and then hit tab and OA will try an finish typing it for you) If I wanted to go to the oa_dm1 map with cheats on I'd type:

\devmap oa_dm1

The script I've attached allows you to enter and exit 3rd person mode by pressing the 'p' key. The camera is rotated with the left and right arrow keys, and zoomed with the up and down arrow keys. If you'd prefer different bindings, you can just open demo,cfg up in a text editor and change them to whatever you like.

There also some demo recording/ play back stuff in there which may or may not be useful to you.

Speaking of which, you can also rotate the camera in demos. Have fun Smiley

* Ughh... .cfg file attachments not allowed. Sad I've ziped it up instead. Just extract it and place it in the baseoa folder.
Noob Sauce
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 08:27:19 PM »

I really don't like the invincibility since it looks like a mask.

It was supposed to be reminiscint of the Invul sphere from doom. Oh well. As for the Ghook mechanics, I would reccomend making it into a gun used by the other hand so you can swing and shoot  - honestly that's one of the few things Nexuiz has going for it.
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 08:48:05 PM »

Hey Noob Sauce, check out the "SVN COMMITS" thread. Your grappler submission needs a license and a .blend file.

The mockup skin and any additions I made to your grapple gun on import into blender are public domain so license them any way you want. I believe OA requires gpl2.

I'd also be happy to help you polish it if you're still interested in working on it.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 08:53:10 PM »

I can give you the gpl2-0.txt license file I use to be included in my maps if you need it, just for it to be included.

Just so you know, I'm redoing McKinleyish from scratch, I wasn't too happy with how it ended up to be, but the old version is still available to download.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 06:55:07 AM »

Any news on the Grapple model?

Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 01:06:04 PM »

Any news on the Grapple model?

I haven't done anything with it lately. Noob Sauce didn't include a license file or explicitly release it under the GPL when he posted it to the SVN Commits thread. Oops!

I assume he was aware of the GPL requirement but I think he needs to be the person to clear things up.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen Noob Sauce around lately. I think he got frustrated trying to setup GtkRadiant on his Mac and then his OA install died... Sad
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: