Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound info?  (Read 8079 times)
Rizimar
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: April 20, 2009, 12:25:43 PM »

Lately, I've been thinking about making music and replacing sound effects for OpenArena, mostly to practice. Unfortunately, I tend to compose things very slowly, so I've been focusing more on the effects.

The filenames for the sounds in the .pak files, in some cases, aren't enough for me to really tell what they are specifically (I'm a modding noob). For example, in pak0.pk3\sound\player\footsteps\, are the "flesh" files for characters with bare feet? In the sarge directory, are the numbers in the "pain" files (pain25_1, pain50_1, etc) indicative of how much damage is being taken or how much is left?

Thank you
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 02:30:47 PM »

Hi Wink
- Player\footsteps is the default for every model, unless one is specified inside the model. (to confirm)
- painxx is indicative of how much is left.

You may also have an eye on this file : http://svn.icculus.org/quake3/tags/1.34-rc4/code/cgame/cg_main.c?revision=1128&view=markup it gives hints in how sounds are played by the engine.

Good luck

Todo: Walk the cat.
Rizimar
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 03:33:00 PM »

Cool. Thanks for the tips! Cheesy
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 10:48:10 PM »

footsteps sounds depend on either surface of the player's standing on (water, or metal) or their own feet (energy skates, barefoot (flesh), boots (marines), normal )

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: