Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new sounds  (Read 10428 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« on: April 25, 2009, 03:37:25 AM »

how's this for a new weapon change sound?

granted it's the beginning of one of those 'opening/close drawer' samples from pdsounds but it seems effective Tongue

next up is those health pickups. They won't be making those TONE NOISES for long.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 03:46:01 AM »

i think that the current weapon change sound is quite good. on the other hand i would like to see the weapon pickup sound replaced.
dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 03:57:40 AM »

how's this for a new weapon change sound?

granted it's the beginning of one of those 'opening/close drawer' samples from pdsounds but it seems effective Tongue

next up is those health pickups. They won't be making those TONE NOISES for long.
To be honest, it sounds like a box of scissors and knives being shaked. Read: not cool.
EDIT: Sounds (sic) like a good match for Skelebot, he looks metalic and does not seem very stable.

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 05:03:01 AM »

I was also thinking it sounds too metallic.

Todo: Walk the cat.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 02:39:22 AM »

yeah, well guns are made out of metal, and I want to make use of that 44khz sampling rate like most games nowadays

I did a few more sounds (armor shard, 5 health, armor pickup, water out, lift), heard in this video

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
feidi
Nub

Cakes 13

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 06:25:17 AM »

It's hard to separate from the video the sounds for armor shard and for +5 health ball, or are they the same? From what I was able to distinguish the armor shard sound is pretty good, I also like the new sound effect on the lift. The armor pickup sound could be much much more metallic and heavy, consider what only an armor shard already sounds like, I mean you're getting quite a bunch of those when you pick up RA. Also the getting out of water effect doesn't sound like water at all, more like a giant slimy alien going slurps! in front of its prey. I prefer the current one.

6lue Rose .:. http://6r-clan.org .:. irc://irc.freenode.net/6r
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: