Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: CTF MAP: ctf_gate1  (Read 32894 times)
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2009, 03:43:16 PM »

Thank you PsYthe,

I just commited an update to ctf_gate1. A lot of changes went into it. Less jumpy, less obstacles, better reachability, a bit faster now. As the sides are more accessable now I'm unsure if the chaingun is too powerful. If I put it into another place the base is pretty out of defense. What's about swapping shotgun and chaingun?

Anyway see screenshots for this update:

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
feidi
Nub

Cakes 13

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 02:42:16 AM »

IMO put shotgun in base, remove chaingun altogether, add LG where SG is now (or then on top of the nearby pillar perhaps).

6lue Rose .:. http://6r-clan.org .:. irc://irc.freenode.net/6r
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 05:17:30 AM »

i like your changes of this map cosmo!

here are some screenshots and a couple of comments.

image 1: rocket jumping up on these blocks might be a favourite rail camping spot. players coming from the other side are easily spotted. now imagine another camper on the block on the other side of the same base...

image 2: here are two floor tiles with the same texture. but only one is a lift - confusing. change the texture on the one that isn't a lift.

image 3: this texture is (i think) supposed to signify a jump pad. but it's not in this map. the same base is used under the red and blue flags.

image 4: this is a small thing, but nonetheless irritating. to pick up these +5h health packs you have to jump up on the ledge. nudging these just a little close to the edge and players can pick them up by just walking near them.

i like what you did to the pillars in the middle, it feels less like a maze now.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: