Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: screen brightness is way too dark  (Read 9584 times)
comet
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: December 31, 2006, 05:00:27 PM »

Hey there guys.. I'm excited to try out OpenArena, just need to get out of this little snag.. The screen is way too dark, and when I adjust the brightness under the System options, it doesn't change anything at all.. I've adjusted my resolution and that seemed to work just fine.. I also don't see any config files in my openarena directory, and I'm not too sure on how to create them.. I'm not sure if I need a config file for the brightness to change or not.. Everything runs perfectly fine except the brightness.. thanks for your help..
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 05:28:25 PM »

Perhaps your video driver doesn't support hardware brightness. Try playing in a window or play with r_overbrightBits set to 0.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
comet
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 12:06:46 PM »

thanks for the tip.. surprisingly, using the /r_overbrightBits got me very excited at first.. because when you first start the game, that little open arena graphic was very dark, but after applying and restarting the game with /r_overbrightBits set to 0, the intro as well as the menu is much brighter than it was..

but alas, when it's time for gameplay, the screen is still very dark and unplayable.. i'm using an nvidia geforce 6600GT and I'm using the linux drivers provided directly from nvidia.com.. i wonder if there are any particular universal opengl settings for linux that need to be set properly or something.. thanks again for the help
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 12:36:09 PM »

I would assume it is not the nvidia driver itself but your X configuration.  Are you sure that you have the proper video modes and refresh rates for your monitor?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: