Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Trickjumping!!  (Read 32308 times)
diizy
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: December 31, 2006, 03:15:21 PM »

Hey everyone! i cant beleive how excited i am to find this game. and you know what i love most about quake 3? trickjumping! once i get a handle of some mapping, i will make a practice map, and probably post if for you guys. anyone wanna help make some script of some sort? anyone intrested?
baconfish
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 12:46:09 PM »

I'd be interested in something like this. Before OA I've never even been able to strafe jump. Soo... what's happening. What kind of scripts would you need? I've never done anything in the way of mapping so I don't really know what it involves.
Gloom
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 04:27:02 AM »

I think the sort of thing you have in mind is the equivilent of the training maps in
http://planetquake.com/defrag
This was a mod for Q3 and will not run under OA

http://www.funender.com/quake/info/strafing_theory.htm
how to do the jumps
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 04:35:48 AM by Gloom » Logged
Keet
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic..."

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 06:06:57 PM »

DeFRaG will run on OA, though not properly. You get lots of missing textures and two game types are unavailable. Other than that, it's basically Open Arena with racing and without weapon damage.

Pronouns are evil!

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic... It sounds... like me!" ~~B.B. Hood

diizy
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 04:24:34 PM »

hi keet,

you pretty much answered an unasked question of mine Smiley

cool, i loved defrag. i think i will make a simple mod for oa sometime replicating some of defrags features.
diizy
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 10:02:47 PM »

here we go guys:

http://www.trickingq3.com/tutorials.html - this is what you need, strafing is the only effective one in game.

http://www.overdrivepc.com/forum/showthread.php?s=f3ee83723c17ffdac709e6819ff5abbf&t=7790 - more info, on overdrive pc forums which is like the active defrag community.
badmuthahubbard
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 06:36:32 PM »

I'm lost; can these demo files be used with OA?  Where do they go?
badmuthahubbard
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 07:23:59 PM »

(tried Application Data\Open Arena\baseoa\demos)  Had to create the folder and put the dm_67 files in it, but still not found by OA...
Wakey
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 08:55:51 PM »

hmmm... dm_67... seems that this are vanilla q3 and not oa demos Wink

Diablohead
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 09:38:48 PM »

Never use to do this kind of jumping in quake 3 though bunnyhopping in a line if you can time the landings correctly will also sped you up, loved doing that and shooting off with the flag or towards someone XD
Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 04:37:39 AM »

Have fun watching this trickjumping video! -> http://www.quakeunity.com/file=2501

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
CorteX
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 07:05:54 AM »

Its always nice to make new trickjump maps.. There are already thousands of them though, Wiz and me tried a lot of them. Im working on a traincenter right now so maybe we could do a collab, if you're interested? I have plenty of free time the coming month, so just contact me if you are.
Maybe for the info, Im not that much of a mapper yet, though I know almost all the required technics behind mapping Ive never made anything serious before. My vision is one large trainingcenter where you have a lot of possibilities, like a few plasma courses and ofcourse a lot of famous strafe jump training area's. By the way, I recomend the map wsytrick2+ if anyone wants to begin with tricking! It's a real friendly map, which allows you to do some basic trainings.. It's where I learned Smiley

-- Edit: I only now realise that this post is from months back, lol... Whoops.
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 11:38:55 AM »

DeFRaG will run on OA, though not properly. You get lots of missing textures and two game types are unavailable. Other than that, it's basically Open Arena with racing and without weapon damage.

But there's an important feature that DeFraG implements: the velocity counter. It's soooooooo useful for training that it should be included in OA in the next release.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 09:15:05 AM »

Its always nice to make new trickjump maps.. There are already thousands of them though, Wiz and me tried a lot of them. Im working on a traincenter right now so maybe we could do a collab, if you're interested? I have plenty of free time the coming month, so just contact me if you are.
Maybe for the info, Im not that much of a mapper yet, though I know almost all the required technics behind mapping Ive never made anything serious before. My vision is one large trainingcenter where you have a lot of possibilities, like a few plasma courses and ofcourse a lot of famous strafe jump training area's. By the way, I recomend the map wsytrick2+ if anyone wants to begin with tricking! It's a real friendly map, which allows you to do some basic trainings.. It's where I learned Smiley

Dude, I'm up for it Smiley
Still need to get my blasted gtkradiant up and running though Smiley

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 07:21:49 AM »

Dude, I'm up for it Smiley
Still need to get my blasted gtkradiant up and running though Smiley

[edit: up and running Smiley]

Gloom
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 01:09:25 PM »

now if I could just workout how to do key binding in this game.

//ninja jump - 125fps dependant
bind j "cl_yawspeed 22501;+left;+moveup;+attack;wait 2;-left;-moveup;-attack;+left;wait 2;-left"

No need to put all that practice in with Q3
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 08:02:30 AM »

And as for your dreams to become answered I can announce that there is now a server running defrag. If you enable autodownloads (still not enabled by default Sad)and then join *RAINBOW|DEFRAG* I'm sure you'll have some good hours of fun training with us.

As of now we have the first pair of teamtricking OA members, myself and rocco, more are deeply encouraged Smiley

There are rules about the usage of the *RAINBOW|DEFRAG* and other servers on this website. Enjoy!

In short the rules are very simple, DO NOT SHOOT OTHERS WHILE THEY PRACTICE Smiley

rudcrustage
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 11:06:03 AM »

check out my rails server also (RCTF)

Trick jump for speed to capture flags instantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSGny0N35R0
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 11:44:34 AM »

Nice one rud, now you need to tell me how you got the demos to .avi Smiley

ALucas
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 12:56:32 PM »

what song is that?
rudcrustage
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 04:21:39 PM »

concerto moon - everlasting nightmare.
also featured in this vid (not a great vid ha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3bGCDiXGWs
diizy
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 02:42:10 PM »

hey all, just seeing if there are any servers of this sort alive still? Smiley
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 07:56:16 AM »

hey all, just seeing if there are any servers of this sort alive still? Smiley
RAINBOW|defrag is running 24/7 and is usually crowded with people who wants to learn.
87.230.26.228:20200 is the direct server IP

rashdawg
Half-Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 04:13:03 PM »

Rainbow Defrag rocks!

TheWorstOAPlayer aka RashDawg
mondo1287
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 07:31:28 AM »

My fingers are getting sore, but I love rainbow defrag!  I'm finally getting the hang of the strafe pads.  You guys aren't using macros are you?  The only thing I'm using is a /kill button.  If you are supposed to use some key bindings please post them.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: