Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcer Voice?  (Read 12701 times)
Jeric Hikari
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Skeletal Geek

« on: December 31, 2006, 08:06:23 PM »

Is there anywhere i can look to find both an exact list of sound bites needed for the announcer voice as well as preffered pronounciations of names used in game? Asking because whle I'm uncertaint on my ability to provide a propper voice I know a few people who might be willing to give it an attempt, and if nothing else its good to have the info avalible for anyone wishing to give an audition for the revised part.

Also is there any specific 'voice' thats being looked for here? I'd assume that you would want an authoritative 'clean' sound like you had for Q3A, but I'd preffer some form of official word there on preffered type before making the attempt.
HanClinto
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 11:26:22 AM »

Similarly, I would be interested in backing Jeric up if he needed any help in the voice acting area. I don't have great voice acting skills (though I have done some), but I may know other people as well.

Thanks!

--clint
MilesTeg
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 01:28:34 PM »

AFAIK there isn't a list of all files in quake3 arena. If that is what you want I could do it.

"We are all connected"
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 01:31:07 PM »

Sure Smiley

It'd also be nice if it has some coloring to the list for "replaced" resources already in the svn

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
fuzztooth
Administrator
Nub

Cakes 1

OpenArena Announcer and Robut smasher

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 01:36:19 PM »

I am the one that did the current set.  I'll admit it's not my best work as I was asked to do them within 24 hours of whatever version (.5.0?) was being released, so it's a bit of a rush job.  I had planned on having a complete, fresh and updated set for 0.7.0 that will be more akin to the original UT announcer.

<------
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 01:43:42 PM by fuzztooth » Logged
MilesTeg
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 02:12:32 PM »

anyway I've created a wiki-article that includes all files from pak0.pk3:

http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/OpenArena/pak0.pk3-files

phew. that was pretty much...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 02:41:47 PM by MilesTeg » Logged

"We are all connected"
Pages: [1]