Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to improve my server...  (Read 4965 times)
jaypur
Half-Nub

Cakes 4

« on: July 04, 2009, 06:06:08 PM »

Hi guys, I was talking to some players and one of them told about ranking or real stats on the website I'm making...

So what I would like to know is how can I do that, how can I add some real stats at the website and ranks?

I've heard about qstat, but I didn't really get what it really does....

other improvements i'll do it by myself:

.brazilian portuguese names for bots, like rafel, jose, carlos, maria LOL
.build the website with tips and server infos
.and together with the site some server stats and forum

Besides all those improvements I'll start to talk about OA in other foruns, irc e some friends...

thanks...

run, jump and don't forget, SHOOT!
davidd
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

[Z] server maintainer

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »

for my server i used vsp stats.

I had to fix a bug (he used reserved word 'sql' for one of the columnnames) to get the awards working.

but they are nice check http://www.zvdk.nl/q3stats to see the stats of my server.

i am not sure but i think you can only choose from predefined names. There are a couple of botbehauviors, and the names are coupled to the style.

But i have seen on a listenserver (somebody running an public server on his pc where he was joined himself that he could have different names. I like the cpma bots but people have to download cpma to play against them. How can i make the bots join on a normal ffa server but be as good as the cpma bots, that people dont have to download cpma (even though it is only 3mb and my server serves it at 3mb/s if you internet connection is fast enough) people still dont download.

Openarena, the freedom to contribute and extend.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: