Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Real Aimbot  (Read 178537 times)
OAaddict
Nub

Cakes -2

« on: July 06, 2009, 03:35:52 AM »

I know this is my first post, and you may think it's the classical noob accusation. But I've been playing OA for about 2 years and I'm a lot better than average. Usualy I play on CTF on IstantGib servers and almost ever end up with a 300+ score and I don't camp Smiley

A couple of days ago I saw a guy with a colorful name (I don't remember his name) that was not a really good player, didn't know how to move and made lots of mistakes, but he's aim was perfect. He never failed a shot, he could pop out of nowhere and kill everybody in less than a second, I only could kill him when I was quite far and he was distracted (killing others of my team). Anyway my team lost three games in a row, but my score was always 200+ and he never went over 150.

Then I started to spectate him, just to be sure if it could really be an Aimbot, I never saw one on OA, so I was very sceptical. He aimed everybody in the area he was with really weird moves, like he could guess everyplace I guy could be, automatic aiming, and never failing a single shot. And for no reason he challenged me to a 1 vs 1, I did some 1vs1 and ended up quite well for me, so I accepted.

We made two matches on the space maps (OA_CTFISH or something) and guess what, he never moved, and by the end of the game, both games ended after 30 minutes he never moved... and I couldn't shot him not for a single time 'cause everytime I spawned my lifetime was about zero seconds. In both matches he's score was 700+ and I did a wonderfull 0.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 04:54:15 AM »

wow that guy is a complete and utter loser who should be sht

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 06:23:14 AM »

Demo?
OAaddict
Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 07:31:33 AM »

MIOW, well I'm short of a noob where it comes to commands and stuff like that, so a Demo is suposed to be what?
schlorri
i lurk the board index every minute!!!!
Lesser Nub

Cakes -51

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 07:58:58 AM »

MIOW, well I'm short of a noob where it comes to commands and stuff like that, so a Demo is suposed to be what?

you said 2 years OA now ?

-Join #aftershock in quakenet
-Visit the statspage http://oaunofficial.exulo.de/index.php
-Visit us on sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/as-fps/
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 08:44:33 AM »

Colorfull nick ? ... Which nick ?

EDIT : ok .... I've missed the part when u wrote u dind't remember ...

anyway :

... I only could kill him when I was quite far and he was distracted (killing others of my team) ...

IF ... and I say IF ... it was an aimbot , this action is expected since quite all type of aimbots can only lock on a single target.

Also spawnfragging is another characteristic : even if the spawn area is predictable in CTF ( the opposite side ) , he cannot predict quite all spawnpoints in which u respawn , since they are selected randomly in team games ( unless u had a slow computer/connection that adds a significant delay to your spawn )
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:15:11 AM by Falkland » Logged
MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 09:35:52 AM »

Shocked This is record of game(s). How couldn't you know what is demo when you know of aimbots?

http://www.planetquake3.net/tweak/demoexp.html
or cl_autoRecordDemo "1" to record new demo authomatically on each map change.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:49:04 AM by MIOW » Logged
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 12:51:47 PM »

There are 2 types of aimbots for oa now and yesterday i saw a modified version of the one aimbot - no demos needed, because it is to obiously :-(
If you do not believe me, you should play more often at an instagib server near you ;-)

btw: cacatoes kicked an aimbot (googlebot iirc) few days ago.
MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 01:48:57 PM »

This is pointless talk like "i've found yet another aimbot, crap!!"
If you wanted to clarify things at least a bit you would better provide a demo instead of spamming.

I don't like iCTF.

I saw aimbots in OA.
OAaddict
Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 12:02:36 PM »

Falkland, no my computer is not something big, bit it can handle OA with no problems (AMD Athlon X2 2GHz, ATI Radeon X850, 2Gb of RAM DDR, 250 Gb Disk and using Linux)

schlorri, it's not like I'm actually counting it, but I guess it's about 2 years.

MIOW, well you know, I never saw an aimbot on OA before, I did saw some in Call of Duty and Counter Strike, but never on OpenArena, if I see him again I'll do a demo.

Peter Silie, oh, wait I guess that was the guy, GoogleBot, that's it.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 02:50:07 PM »

miow, few weeks ago someone posted a demo here.
i did not know that you have not seen it.
maybe the serach can help you finding the thread.
PopeJo
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 04:09:12 PM »

I saw aimbots in OA.
miow, few weeks ago someone posted a demo here.
i did not know that you have not seen it.

Reading fail.

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 06:07:15 PM »

Falkland, no my computer is not something big, bit it can handle OA with no problems (AMD Athlon X2 2GHz, ATI Radeon X850, 2Gb of RAM DDR, 250 Gb Disk and using Linux)

You DO not have for sure any problem with respawn ... so ... Wink

Anyway , I've seen a demo downloaded from Evil clan forum ; there was a player using an aimbot that printed a colorfull mex like this just everytime killed someone :

You are the victim number <number> of urthack

Or shit like that ...
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 12:53:54 PM »

Actually, I have been seeing a rise in AIMBOTs in OA lately. The thing about AIMBOTs is that not all of them are easily spotted while some arent. Some have autoaim, autolock, some just help keep the aim steady on the opponent's brightskin model, etc...As a player, you can tell when someone is using a AIMBOT when their MG and LG kills alittle too quickly and it cannot recover fast enough. It appears that since ver8.0 has begun, AIMBOT use has slowly began to rise and sadly, its not going to go down. I hope in the next version there can be a way to prevent or display who is using such applications.

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
OAaddict
Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 05:38:17 AM »

Here it goes the Demo, I got a guy called All (to avoid being kicked) on All rockets, I was using the laptop and the contection was quite laggy but I guess it's pretty obvious:

http://www.divshare.com/download/7891395-3f2

It's inside a Zip file.
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2009, 06:33:39 AM »

AIMBOT use has slowly began to rise and sadly, its not going to go down. I hope in the next version there can be a way to prevent or display who is using such applications.

I don't think prevention is possible without a PunkBuster like system, which is something that the ioQuake3 developers and OA developers have said they would never do.

An idea used in Cube (iirc) is to include some extra code in the official binaries that only allows them to connect to pure servers -- any binary you compile yourself will not be allowed to connect.  Naturally a determined skilled hacker would be able to circumvent that measure, but it would prevent most of the current aimbots I reckon.
OAaddict
Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 08:07:22 AM »

andrewj,

Well on COD2, sorry if I'm refering to this game too many times, but I played it for quite sometime, there was PunkBuster and I actually tried to use a couple of cheats to really see how easy it would be, and on pure servers with PunkBuster I was allways kicked after 2 minutes, so it works quite well to reduce the problem, but it won't be complete solution, 'cause there is allways a way around.

to include some extra code in the official binaries that only allows them to connect to pure servers -- any binary you compile yourself will not be allowed to connect.

That's an excelent good idea, at least noob-like cheaters would need to be very skilled on hacking to use the aimbots.

I'd like to ask if anyone has already saw an Wallhack, I'm affraid there maybe some stuff like that around.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 09:15:39 AM »

An idea used in Cube (iirc) is to include some extra code in the official binaries that only allows them to connect to pure servers -- any binary you compile yourself will not be allowed to connect.  Naturally a determined skilled hacker would be able to circumvent that measure, but it would prevent most of the current aimbots I reckon.

That's an excelent good idea, at least noob-like cheaters would need to be very skilled on hacking to use the aimbots.

This is the worst solution : in this way u can only stop the practice of recompiling binaries and this WILL STOP also active DEVELOPMENT since I'm the first lurking on ioquake3 bugzilla and other q3/ioq3 derived games for patches and improvements to be applied to the engine. One way development is never a good thing IMHO.

And u miss also that who codes aimbots has enough skill to circumvent every kind of protection ; at least an aimbot can be attached to the engine process _ONLY_ through the in-memory binary pointers without having to recompile the engine binary  ( like q3-*hook*-series did and do )

OA needs a detect method like PB that checks for cheats cvars/vars/particular key binds from a list that can be updated as new cheats will be out (and known ): http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=1908.msg25602#msg25602 since u need and u can ONLY stopping the USE of the cheats

Once u have a detect system u can decide which policy u would like to implement ( a broadcasted mex on the console , a kick , a silent disconnection , a ban .... a code injection in the guilty PC that freezes the PC Cheesy ... )

There was an interesting discussion on ioquake3 mailing list about cheats some time ago :
- http://lists.ioquake.org/pipermail/ioquake3-ioquake.org/2007-May/thread.html
- http://lists.ioquake.org/pipermail/ioquake3-ioquake.org/2007-May/001701.html
- http://lists.ioquake.org/pipermail/ioquake3-ioquake.org/2007-May/001706.html
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 09:46:19 AM by Falkland » Logged
OAaddict
Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2009, 10:52:09 AM »

This is the worst solution : in this way u can only stop the practice of recompiling binaries and this WILL STOP also active DEVELOPMENT since I'm the first lurking on ioquake3 bugzilla and other q3/ioq3 derived games for patches and improvements to be applied to the engine. One way development is never a good thing IMHO.

Oh... Ok, just forget about it. Tongue

And u miss also that who codes aimbots has enough skill to circumvent every kind of protection

But the people who use them ain't usually skilled on anything, and it seems to me that it's becoming quite easy to cheat.

a broadcasted mex on the console , a kick , a silent disconnection , a ban .... a code injection in the guilty PC that freezes the PC  ...

The last option! Something like an BSOD for Windows and a Kernel Panic for Linux mad
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 03:18:57 PM »

prevention isnt even possible with punkbuster, there are many ones which work with latest punkbuster.  there will always be something ahead of the automated stuff.  having a good set of admins would help more.  combination could make stuff easier for them though...
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 08:06:01 AM »

prevention isnt even possible with punkbuster, there are many ones which work with latest punkbuster.

Prevention doesn't deal anything with a detect system : an active prevention system is sending massive cheaters to one ( or better more )  psychiatric session(s) .

The "undetected cheats" will work until a unique detectable characteristic will be discovered/added to the list . And the main goal of PB is to stop massive use of cheats , not to make the game cheat-proof.

UrT 4.2 will have a detect system ;
NoGhost mod has a detect system and the experience they had with that is extremely positive :
- http://forums.noghost.net/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=3;t=1619;st=0
- http://forums.noghost.net/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?s=dfd5153e2049af660658d8c5f0325502;act=ST;f=9;t=4466;st=0

there will always be something ahead of the automated stuff.

yeah of course ... the automated stuffs go ahead with their own legs.

having a good set of admins would help more.  combination could make stuff easier for them though...

Sure ... what I've seen is that having the rcon authorizes many "(pseudo)admins" to use cheats themselves ... I've experimented this very well around some OA and Q3 servers .

A detect system is a guarantee for players also in this "border" situation : detect system ON -> less cheats abuse for sure.

On the other side of course , ALL the "Admins" ( with capital A ) know ALL the cheats , old and new ones ,  that work with OA ... they ALL know every cheats unique cvar ... and they detect every single cheat in less than a millisecond. OMG .. YES , THEY CAN
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 06:09:10 AM »

detect would be useful yeah.  can they detect cheats which don't use cvars or injection though?  those are the ones i'm seeing being a problem to detect without doing some stuff which i think players would object to.  as in list all processes check for names and get a checksum of them all and check it against a list of checksums for known binaries floating around like 'surrealaim' which some have been caught using recently and hopefully not again since they are in a clan and actually like some members of that clan would hate to see it go down hill because a few decide to try it out..  of course a problem with this is can just hide the process lol
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 07:00:54 AM by jessicaRA » Logged
BillGates
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 12:15:39 PM »

http://www.team-oan.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 08:47:10 AM »

Sometimes this happens too ...
davidd
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

[Z] server maintainer

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 06:27:31 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/v/MshNt6IQoko&hl=en&fs=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MshNt6IQoko

If this is not an aimbot i dont know anymore.

His IP is 86.32.10.62

Openarena, the freedom to contribute and extend.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: