Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quake III: Arena Mods not working.  (Read 7760 times)
Unlucky_Furball
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: August 08, 2009, 05:59:36 PM »

OpenArena: Latest (8.1, isn't it?)
Mods active: Alternate Fire 2.0
Mods in question: Animal Arena, Jail Break 2.0, Freeze Tag.

Problems:

Animal Arena - I attempt to load this mod, and It just reloads the game with nothing different.

Jail Break 2.0 - Can customize servers, but can't hit the big, red 'Fight' button that wants me to press it so dearly.

Freeze Tag - Not really sure how to use. I gathered that you activate it, and play 'Team Deathmatch'. The problem in question is that when loading a game, it gets to loading the second last player, then returns me to the main menu.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 11:02:28 PM »

Animal Arena depends on Q3 player models last time i've checked.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Unlucky_Furball
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 12:59:39 AM »

Well, I didn't know that. Thanks.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 03:25:12 AM »

Check this wiki page : (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat
If you click on the mod name on the page, there should be instructions on how to set up the mod, but most of them require nothing special ...

I already tried Animal Arena and it worked ...
I think some guys made freezetag working on OA too.
And I don't know for jailbreak.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 10:19:33 AM »

Freeze Tag - Not really sure how to use. I gathered that you activate it, and play 'Team Deathmatch'. The problem in question is that when loading a game, it gets to loading the second last player, then returns me to the main menu.

I've successfully ported FreezeTag151 to ioquake3 VM (I've tested only TDM FreezeTag ) and produced an updated archive ( starting for q3freeze151b.zip - which it took ages to me finding it :/ because the original site doesn't exist anymore - , I've extracted the full archive , replaced the VM files with the new ones and zipped all again in  ioq3-freeze151b.zip ) , but I've got no luck with OAX because of conflicts with the other added GAMETYPE ( eg Elimination ... ) ... of course no luck also for integrating freezetag GAMETYPE ( it should require also a free replacement for some gfx and sounds )

I've attached the new archive and also the diff I've used for producing the new VM ( baseq3 + missionpack )

At least u can use ultra freezetag (ufreeze) mod : http://alternatefire.planetquake.gamespy.com/
And here some documentation : http://alternatefire.planetquake.gamespy.com/files/quake3/uft-variables.html
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 08:55:30 AM by Falkland » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: