Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fonts  (Read 72489 times)
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2009, 05:07:10 AM »

why not Sauerbraten's font ? I think it's GPL.
If black outlines not supported, i can delete them.

Sauerbraten is Zlib license. I don't know the layout of Sauerbraten fonts, but the Cube fonts are different and would need to place differently.

(How to get a GPL license for a mod i've created (eg) ?)

Just attach every source you have (C code, psd or xcf file, svg file), and also attach the text of the GPLv2 license.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2009, 10:28:07 PM »

Sauerbraten is Zlib license.
Careful.  The code is zlib license, but the game media is a whole different story.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2009, 01:57:14 AM »

Careful.  The code is zlib license, but the game media is a whole different story.

Yes, thanks. I misread the code & design line on its website.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2010, 01:08:48 PM »

Here's the next version of the sans font: 0.3 (0.2 came with the 2D improvement package). The most important change is, that the bigchars, font1 and font2 sources were scaled to 200% and the changes were made at the increased size. The large size enabled to make it bolder and add details so it looks more like a standard sans font. The brushed metal texture is removed from the numbers, but it has still the bevel and gradient effect.

This time I'm releasing three packages: low, middle and high resolution. The low looks fine at 1024x768 and lower, the middle was tested at 1280x800 and high is for HD resolution. If you have time, please test all of them at different resolutions, theoritically the high resolution will look more pixelated in the console, but I think it's a fair deal for an HD font. The source file is the same for every resolution, it is just exported at different resolutions from Inkscape (vector graphics ftw).

hkn
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2010, 04:31:22 AM »

Here's the next version of the sans font: 0.3 (0.2 came with the 2D improvement package). The most important change is, that the bigchars, font1 and font2 sources were scaled to 200% and the changes were made at the increased size. The large size enabled to make it bolder and add details so it looks more like a standard sans font. The brushed metal texture is removed from the numbers, but it has still the bevel and gradient effect.

This time I'm releasing three packages: low, middle and high resolution. The low looks fine at 1024x768 and lower, the middle was tested at 1280x800 and high is for HD resolution. If you have time, please test all of them at different resolutions, theoritically the high resolution will look more pixelated in the console, but I think it's a fair deal for an HD font. The source file is the same for every resolution, it is just exported at different resolutions from Inkscape (vector graphics ftw).

Great!

I tested the high resolution font, and looks great in all in-game, as you said, its little aliased on console size.
The HUD numbers looks so great, im running it at 1920*1080px, so they fit perfect

ToDo >> / 1. New map, Greyscale / 2. Mapmodels / 3. New weapons  / 4. In-game music
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: