Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena v0.8.5  (Read 64652 times)
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 03:37:38 PM »

it seems me to understand that Leopard has dropped G3 support :/
yes, it did, and this is , i think, the main problem: most of the system libraries are built only for g4 and higher. I however tried to build everything using the mac os x 10.4 sdk, a usual, but nothing changed. The best result obtained so far was accomplished using the ogg and vorbis libraries i built years ago, without recompiling them: on the g3 the game start, i see the intro movie, then shuts down with "error 4".

I've finished installing tiger on an external disk with my old iBook (which is mi mom's now…), installing xcode, will try there…I should be able to borrow it for this release, it will be surely better than compiling on the G3 itself…
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 03:41:54 PM »

I'll have a new reptctf11 ready for today.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2009, 04:20:16 PM »

31 at the latest.
I don't know if this is a good time to mention it but I'll be unavailable from 30 Oct to 1 Nov both inclusive.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 04:54:14 PM »

Built on Tiger, works fine on the G3 as well. Smiley

Tested on G3 Tiger, G4 Tiger and Leopard and X86_64 Snow Leopard (game startup, ogg reproduction, a couple of minutes of local network playing), will post a download link soon, so you can test it if you want. It should run on any system with Tiger or higher, possibly also on 10.3.9, as usual.
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 04:56:46 PM »

Here is it.

Just call me when the sources are ready…
Marble of Doom
Bigger member

Cakes 4

Caketastic

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2009, 08:01:57 PM »

Ha! Wow, looks like i'll still be playing on my 600g3!

jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 02:18:56 AM »

Ha! Wow, looks like i'll still be playing on my 600g3!
That's the idea… Wink

OA still runs fine with medium details on my G3 600, I don't see a reason to abandon it now.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 09:19:56 AM »

I don't see a reason to abandon it now.
Because it doesn't make money for Apple, that's why they want you to.  Gotta love defective by design. Tongue Similarly, I don't want to abandon Windows 95 support either.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 10:49:55 AM »

Because it doesn't make money for Apple, that's why they want you to. Gotta love defective by design.
Well, I can see why they want to get rid of it: for them is just more work and more money to spend. They adopted an informal ten year lifetime cycle, which isn't all that bad…
Anyway, Tiger is still supported and will be updated at least to the end of 2010.

Tongue Similarly, I don't want to abandon Windows 95 support either.
Right.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 09:47:24 AM »

Guess who had a Karmic Koala failure!

Deadline pushed to Nov 2.

andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 05:01:27 PM »

Koalas have a cute image, but they can be vicious and bite people Sad

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 07:31:54 PM »

There could be a patch RC any day now. The Karmic situation only affected me by a day and a half. Web site development is unaffected.

tuppe666
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 09:52:19 PM »

Loved Karmic more than Jaunty, although having used the Beta's it seems like they had lots of trouble with the transition. I hope they sort out the nomodesetting stuff for kms and I was surprised at intel with the whole GMA500 thing.

Was all alone tonight with my Girl out having Girly fun so Openarena would have been fantastic. Guess I will have to wait for Monday. I wonder which day is best to launch on for a project of this type! I would have possibly said Friday!?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2009, 06:11:32 PM »

Question:
Will be ps9ctf (which is on the SVN) on this patch as well? It's a very nice map and AFAIK it uses only OA textures.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 10:33:55 AM »

Looking forward to this update! This will keep everyone happy until 0.9.0 for sure. Smiley

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2009, 12:14:27 PM »

Question:
Will be ps9ctf (which is on the SVN) on this patch as well? It's a very nice map and AFAIK it uses only OA textures.
Yes.

Nov 2 has hit, content freeze now. The new 2D improvement package will be in there too.

Marble of Doom
Bigger member

Cakes 4

Caketastic

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2009, 03:31:47 PM »

The suspense is killing me!

jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2009, 03:39:15 PM »

What about the sources?
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2009, 05:32:37 PM »

2. Nov was commit freeze? Darn. I was busy and fixing things. Where did you put that lei? *grrr*

What the hell? This is not funny. I have several things that just need another compile and are done.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2009, 05:41:23 PM »

still waiting, if the sources are ready i'll be more than glad to build them and send the os x binaries back…
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2009, 05:47:33 PM »

2. Nov was commit freeze? Darn. I was busy and fixing things. Where did you put that lei? *grrr*

What the hell? This is not funny. I have several things that just need another compile and are done.
You should have read the topic. Tongue

Any release date of this patch? We're near the end of the month, I'm doing a bit of work in some of my maps.
31 at the latest.
Guess who had a Karmic Koala failure!

Deadline pushed to Nov 2.

jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2009, 05:48:48 PM »

well, I'm missing something or we are now at november 4th…?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2009, 06:32:03 PM »

The deadline for 0.8.0 was August 1st. and that version came at August 8... We can expect that 0.8.5 can be among us before the weekend... or maybe not, only fromhell knows. :/

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2009, 06:56:11 PM »

The deadline for 0.8.0 was August 1st. and that version came at August 8... We can expect that 0.8.5 can be among us before the weekend... or maybe not, only fromhell knows. :/

For the next time maybe it will better at least ONE MONTH before the freeze to advice the devs/contributors/interested members by PM and/or by mail or to create a dedicated section/ a group in the forum for imminent deadlines of OA bug fixes/updates/releases.

A too hasty cat brings into the world blind puppies ( approx translation of another nice way of saying )
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2009, 03:29:05 AM »

Kind of communication issue. Just a single topic does not catch my eye especially if there is a 0.82 and a 0.85 thread. If lei is wanting a quick launch of 0.85 (where is 0.82 release?) why not contact the sole contributers directly? There was no arguing for a new release for a very long time and now everything should be ready within a few days? Reading forums is painful if you have a limited amount of sparetime.
I will have new/improved versions of ctf_inyard, ctf_compromise, slimefac, oa_koth2 and two new skins ready over the weekend. One teleportermodel is done (a 2nd skin for it is not ready) and the second teleporter model is modeled but untextured. I planned to use it in new slimefac but will drop the idea because of time pressure. Sad

Did anybody of you discuss about a quality check of new content? Is there a testing period of the new release or will it be the usual way?
Is the new singleplayer campaign Neon_Knight, chaoticsoldier and I worked on included?

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: