Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: oa085rc1  (Read 112393 times)
Mr. D
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2009, 11:50:36 AM »

There isnt' the / in this patch (try to type and see)

In 0.8.5 oa_reptctf3 there isn't, and there are still the old versions of hydronex and ps37ctf

(Sorry for my bad English...)
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2009, 12:09:57 PM »

There isnt' the / in this patch (try to type and see)
In my case I cannot use the '/' key on numpad, but the regular one works fine. I always use the regular one and wouldn't have noticed it if someone hadn't complained.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Mr. D
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2009, 12:26:57 PM »

Hey, really the "\" is not visible and I always use the same "/" under the "esc" button...it works normaly if I type the commands in the main menu, but they don't work while I'm playing a match in single player (I use Windows)
Am I the only person who have this problem?

(Sorry for my bad English...)
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2009, 12:50:22 PM »

Okay, found the reason for crashing: If you place domination_point entities without the 'message' key the game crashes with a recursion error.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2009, 02:36:51 PM »

I always use the same "/" under the "esc" button...i

On my keyboard, there's the '0/§' button under the 'Esc' and I can't use it since it brings up the console since 0.8.0. Before that, first push console opens with a zero, second push console closes and a zero was putted into the selected field.

Where can I rebind the console opening... for example to F1?

Oh, here's how my keyboard looks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hungarian_keyboard_layout.svg

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2009, 03:02:28 PM »

Delete the entry in your 'q3config.cfg' which should reside in your $home.
Funny: OAs config file is still named q3config. Cheesy

btw: Console always gets down by pressing SHIFT+ESC. Remember that!

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2009, 03:41:21 PM »

I've left toggleconsole binded to ~ since ever because for some reason it never worked with other keys ( maybe it was my fault ) , but there's no tilde on the Italian keyboard : anyway the combination ALT Gr (RIGHT ALT) + ì keys produces exactly the tilde :-) EDIT : on linux platform ... :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KB_Italian.svg
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2009, 03:48:36 PM »

you can usually use shift-esc to bring up the console.
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2009, 04:47:38 PM »

sago: please add a sound (feedback) in dd and dom gametypes when the flag changes its colour (=somebody is touching it). You can use a proper sound already included:

sound/misc/menu4.wav
sound/items/damage2.wav
or any other sound. It's tricky to know if you touched the DomPoint or not!:(

I asked you several times before.

There should be soundfiles having the announcer counting 1, 2, 3. Would be great to hear him saying this in DD when the final 3 secs run out and let him say "Blue team has taken the lead, teams are tied, Red team has taken the lead."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:10:42 PM by cosmo » Logged

Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2009, 05:25:21 PM »

Thanks about toggleconsole, I've found it. Interestingly, it was on ~... which makes me think that the engine ignores the local settings of the keyboard. And it actually proved himself because I've changed it and after a test run, toggleconsole disappeared from the config... which still opens if I push my 0.

I think this problem is hardware-problem. Maybe the only place where Quake 3 checks the native keyboard design is text fields. On the other uses, it may use directly the hardware's input code... this method could ignore easily the fact that my keyboard has 0 at '~'-slot... damn.

Oh well, I consider this as an engine flaw... I'll put this to ioquake.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2009, 07:05:46 PM »

Thanks about toggleconsole, I've found it. Interestingly, it was on ~... which makes me think that the engine ignores the local settings of the keyboard.

Yes I think that is right, the code in CL_KeyEvent looks like this:
Code:
        // console key is hardcoded, so the user can never unbind it
        if (key == '`' || key == '~' ||
                ( key == K_ESCAPE && keys[K_SHIFT].down ) ) {
                if (!down) {
                        return;
                }
                Con_ToggleConsole_f ();
                Key_ClearStates ();
                return;
        }
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2009, 01:31:29 AM »

I think this problem is hardware-problem. Maybe the only place where Quake 3 checks the native keyboard design is text fields. On the other uses, it may use directly the hardware's input code... this method could ignore easily the fact that my keyboard has 0 at '~'-slot... damn.

Maybe it's a Windows problem, I have a Hungarian keyboard layout too, and 0 only triggers the console on Windows. On Linux it just writes 0 and the console only comes up if I press AltGr+1, which is where the ~ is on the layout. That's one of the reasons I play OA on Linux Smiley. But it's really annoying for Hungarian Windows users, because you can't type things like: cg_fov 120, because when you press 0 the console closes.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2009, 08:08:51 AM »

Hydronex2: You forgot to pack the model models/mapobjects/hdr2/hdrnx_box1.ase. There're many boxes scattered around the level, in 0.8.1 + 0.8.5 they don't appear and feel like invisible collision boxes. :/

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2009, 10:25:43 AM »

What happens when using the pak6-patch085.pk3 without updating binaries ? Because I did once and got kicked out of the server with some error in the middle of the game when I tried (complaining about some item number IIRC).
If we release it through autodownload and people download it, I fear they won't update their binaries ...

Todo: Walk the cat.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2009, 10:34:55 AM »

complaining about some item number IIRC
It should give no problems mixing old and new binaries... however RC1 patch has an entity bug that can kick players if the invulnerability item is used. Mixing new and old VMs can be a problem on an non pure server.

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2009, 11:50:03 AM »

Mixing new and old VMs can be a problem on an non pure server.
That was the problem then, I had the patch and connected to some old VM.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2009, 10:42:25 AM »

Where can I rebind the console opening... for example to F1?

cl_consoleKeys fixed the problem. Well, I don't know when was it added and where to, but now it works!

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2009, 01:05:59 PM »

Glitch with Beret skin and powerup glow:

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2009, 03:05:36 AM »

Can we have pmove_fixed = 1 (and the other variable = 125Hz physics) defaulted?

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2009, 04:32:35 AM »

Can we have pmove_fixed = 1 (and the other variable = 125Hz physics) defaulted?
pmove_fixed = 1 is default for servers (clients that does not launch cgame). However 125 Hz physic is not.

pmove_fixed is not without bugs... specifically it has a tendency to drop sounds if physics are calculated more often than the screen.

pmove_float is also available that gives a fluid experience for all players but is disabled by default because it might result in extra bandwidth usage.

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2009, 08:37:18 AM »

pmove_float is also available that gives a fluid experience for all players but is disabled by default because it might result in extra bandwidth usage.

If pmove_float means fps independent physics , I think this should be the default ( eg a player can jump always to the same distance independently of having or not constant 125 fps or 333fps and so on )
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2009, 10:31:49 AM »

cl_consoleKeys fixed the problem. Well, I don't know when was it added and where to, but now it works!

cl_consoleKeys -> space delimited list of key names or characters that toggle the console
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2009, 07:15:27 PM »

If pmove_float means fps independent physics , I think this should be the default ( eg a player can jump always to the same distance independently of having or not constant 125 fps or 333fps and so on )
In time it should be the default... it gives virtually the same physics for all players because it eliminates rounding errors. If you have ever read the article http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Quake3/FAQFPSJumps.html pmove_float is the first graph.

I don't know how bad it will effect the bandwith usage and I hope that it will be fully tested in time for 0.9.0 so we know if it is ok to enable by default.

Based on knowledge from other mods having implemented this it will cost around 2 kb/s (per client?) but theoretically it can be a lot more because the packet compression gets worse.

For LAN play pmove_float is superior (fair and does not have abnormal effects) although you will need to tweak g_speed and g_gravity to get 125 fps physics if that is important. pmove_float jumps are shorter than 125 Hz jumps but longer than 91 Hz jumps.

WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2009, 03:05:13 PM »

Maybe it's a Windows problem, I have a Hungarian keyboard layout too, and 0 only triggers the console on Windows. On Linux it just writes 0 and the console only comes up if I press AltGr+1, which is where the ~ is on the layout. That's one of the reasons I play OA on Linux Smiley. But it's really annoying for Hungarian Windows users, because you can't type things like: cg_fov 120, because when you press 0 the console closes.

UDI, using an on-screen keyboard may be a solution for you and the other Hungarian/Italian users.  It's not quite as convenient as a physical keyboard but it should solve the issues mentioned until a better solution is found.

Calm is for LOSERS!  ANGER fuels my game and btw you're NEXT!
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2009, 03:25:40 PM »

UDI, using an on-screen keyboard may be a solution for you and the other Hungarian/Italian users.  It's not quite as convenient as a physical keyboard but it should solve the issues mentioned until a better solution is found.

OMG

"But for the love of the Alpacas" (c)JockeTF ...

The solution was already found as mentioned in a previous reply : ioquake3 has introduced a new cvar ( cl_consoleKeys ) in which defining the keys that can toggle the console  ( eg ... mine is cl_consoleKeys "~ ` 0x7e 0x60" ) and it's available in the latest binaries.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: