Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: g_rankings.c?!?! Ever used?  (Read 11205 times)
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« on: November 19, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »

I noticed as I was going through some code that there is a file g_rankings.c (and its header g_rankings.h)...

Of course I know what they are for...I can read code...lolz

They obviously arent made for the q3/ioq3 gpl engines...does anybody know if there is an engine out there that utilizes these?
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 12:01:41 PM »

They obviously arent made for the q3/ioq3 gpl engines...

Those files are present in both q3-1.32b and ioq3 sources indeed , anyway i don't know if there's another project using it.

SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 01:51:43 PM »

Theres an engine out there somewhere that uses em...cuz the code has "trap" calls in em that are definitely "undefined" by 1.32/ioq3.

Me thinks this could have been the start of QuakeLive as it definitely serves that function.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 03:06:54 PM »

I think that it belongs to an old service back in the mplayer* days. Possible never activated.

*The multiplayer service not the media player

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »

Theres an engine out there somewhere that uses em...cuz the code has "trap" calls in em that are definitely "undefined" by 1.32/ioq3.

Me thinks this could have been the start of QuakeLive as it definitely serves that function.

Uh ... now I've realized what you meant and I'm giving a look to the code ... I think that g_ranking.c in particular is actually used also for calculating OSP/CPMA stats : those comments placed here and there seem to confirm that because OSP/CPMA stats report exactly in-game ratio about damage given/taken till the end of a game.

Code:
// report general and specific hit taken
// report general and specific damage taken

EDIT : definitely YES ... all the OSP/CPMA stats seem to be calculated by this code ( damage given/taken ratio , weapon accuracy - number of shots/number of hits EDIT : the correct formula for calculating weapon accuracy is number of hits/number of shots ratio - , rocket skill - number of rocket hits/ number of enemy deaths EDIT2 : (error again) number of kills/ number of rocket hits ratio - , armors ,health and powerup pickups ... total amount of armors' and health's points taken for every player )

WTF ... the fu**ing code was under OUR ( damned me included too ) eyes since ever :/ :/ :/ Huh

EDIT2 : probably all the thing that has seen its birth with QuakeLive , was in fact thought and coded since the early versions of quake3 Huh

Anyway OSP/CPMA stats can only produce per server stats : CPMA can export them in a xml format.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 09:05:44 AM by Falkland » Logged
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 11:34:51 PM »

Is the CPMA engine built from the 1.32b GPL version...or a proprietary license?

If it's GPL, we might be able to use this.   

By the way Falkland...look in the q3_ui directory as well...there are 4-5 code files about all kinds of league stuff too.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 10:51:02 AM »

Is the CPMA engine built from the 1.32b GPL version...or a proprietary license?

If it's GPL, we might be able to use this.  

By the way Falkland...look in the q3_ui directory as well...there are 4-5 code files about all kinds of league stuff too.

CPMA/OSP mod sources are not available  , so I guess they were both implemented over a code base pre q3-1.32b ( even if I think they've ported the project over 1.32 while mantaining q3 1.29 or so license for their specific code or by porting q3 1.32 fixes over their code ) and we cannot use their implementation ( connection between functions offered by g_rankings.c and OSP/CPMA online stats ) ... but g_rankings.c can be definitely used because covered by GPL2 itself. So OA should implement its own inline stats ( g_rankings.c functions <-> inline stats )

The stats should appear like this : ( they appears so also in the console : "/players" command gives players' IDs in the first column , "/stats ID" gives the in-game stats for the specified player identified by the ID )

Still about CPMA : they've included also freezetag TDM gameplay / mode - available as a separate and votable/selectable mode as elimination or domination in OAX - and 2 promode modes ( PMC and PM2 ) ... PMC is available here : http://www.mikemartin1200.com/misc/cpm1_dev_docs.zip , some parts of the PM2 code were published here and there in the promode wiki even if it seems to be disappeared :/

They are actually testing the 3rd version of promode ( PMX )
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 11:25:21 AM by Falkland » Logged
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 07:00:10 PM »

no no...not the "GAME" code...the ENGINE..cnq 1.43 or whatever...

Standard 1.32b and ioQ3 both dont have the code for several "trap_" functions contained within g_rankings.c.

I checked the CPMA website...but the links to the source code for cnq 1.43 were busted and really dont feel like registering for another stinking forum I'm not interested in just so I can use the search feature to find the right link lol.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 08:58:53 AM »

no no...not the "GAME" code...the ENGINE..cnq 1.43 or whatever...

Yes yes  ... yes , the GAME ... NOT the engine ... LOL ... the stats are completely managed by the VM (game , q3_ui ) not by the engine.

Anyway the TA/MP has a preliminary support for stats , maybe you can find what you are looking for in the original Team Arena code, but it not uses g_rankings.c functions too.

I've uploaded a tar.gz with the sources of cnq 1.43 here : http://www.filefront.com/14965807/ChallengeQ3_1.43.tar.gz/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: