Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: g_oneweapon ?  (Read 26486 times)
andrewj

Cakes 24

« on: January 02, 2010, 10:18:40 PM »

Here's an idea, replace g_rockets and g_instagib with a single cvar g_oneweapon which specifies the single weapon everybody would have, e.g. 5 for rockets or 7 for railgun.  Defaults to 0 (normal).  It would be cool to play games where everyone had just the grenade launcher or lighting gun.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 02:54:04 AM »

Actually I think it'd be better to have starting/enforced weapons defined by serverflags instead.

g_onlyWeapons 59035 or something, each weapon being a number by the power of two that adds to it or so. Then in q3_ui where the START SERVER screen's at, the levelshot area would change into the weapon icons where buttons toggling the weapons flags to this cvar would be toggleable when the 'onlyweapon' option is on

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 05:18:21 AM »

The thing is there is already a mechanism to disable a particular (or some particular) weapons and items, so these flags may be redundant.

As for having a "one weapon" mode, having more possibilities may not bring confusion amongst players (to answer sago's argument when we were discussing game modes), but I'd tend to think weapon others than rail and rocket have less interest in this game mode. Maybe bfg can be fun, or plasma, or one server which alternates the only weapon we'll get between maps Wink
Other point is with a specific mode for rockets and rail, you can think about bringing together several particularities (with that other particularity which is having unlimited ammo), like no-self damage when rocket-jumping (which has no sense with shotgun). However it wouldn't be bad to implement these things in another cvar if required ...

Todo: Walk the cat.
00Hugo00
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 10:58:35 AM »

like in wtf maps. You have only one weapon at each map. (sometimes gauntelet !)

00Hugo00 : - p
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 08:39:49 AM »

There are at least two ways to have all players have the same weapon at the same time:
- Using NIQ3 (No Items Quake 3) mod. You can read about it DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/NIQ3]here.
- Using a custom configuration file to play with "elimination_" variables, changing weapon after each match, in the map rotation script (only I don't know if there is a way to disable the gauntlet). You can read about it DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Configuration_examples/Weapon_rotation]here. Now (July 2010), this server is using a similar configuration.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:19:19 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 08:35:16 PM »

well i asked about having a gauntlet mode about a week ago and someone told me to put on g_elimination and g_elimination(weapon) 0 to set all weapons ammo to zero. this setup really helped me get better with lightning by practicing on a nightmare bot.  Smiley The only flaw is that you cant pick up more health or armor. Sad Now clearly rockets and rail are the best weapons when it comes to having only one weapon. but it would be nice if SOME weapons could be turned off. so that you could pick up health and armor like normal. but in terms of weapons you would start with the machingun and gauntlet but could pick up say lightning or shotgun.(while having everything else disabled) this would let ppl change up the gameplay while still using the same map!  Cheesy

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 12:00:38 AM »

If you wanna get some health when playing in Elimination/CTF Elimination/LMS modes (or in any other mode, with g_elimination enabled), you can activate "Vampire mode" or "Automatic regeneration" options. Take a look DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Special_game_options]here.

I've heard (read somewhere) about some commands designed to disable specific items, but I can't find those commands... :-/ An urban legend? Huh Or how are they?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »

i know about vampire and regen. that isnt the point. I was looking to play normally. the only difference being that some weapons are turned off. Wink

WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 07:35:38 PM »

You can disable individual weapons/items as desired:
seta disable_weapon_chaingun "0"
seta disable_weapon_prox_launcher "0"
seta disable_weapon_nailgun "0"
seta disable_item_bluecube "0"
seta disable_item_redcube "0"
seta disable_team_CTF_neutralflag "0"
seta disable_item_ammoregen "0"
seta disable_item_doubler "0"
seta disable_item_guard "0"
seta disable_item_scout "0"
seta disable_ammo_belt "0"
seta disable_ammo_mines "0"
seta disable_ammo_nails "0"
seta disable_holdable_invulnerability "0"
seta disable_holdable_portal "0"
seta disable_holdable_kamikaze "0"
seta disable_team_CTF_blueflag "0"
seta disable_team_CTF_redflag "0"
seta disable_item_flight "0"
seta disable_item_regen "0"
seta disable_item_invis "0"
seta disable_item_haste "0"
seta disable_item_enviro "0"
seta disable_item_quad "0"
seta disable_holdable_medkit "0"
seta disable_holdable_teleporter "0"
seta disable_ammo_bfg "0"
seta disable_ammo_slugs "0"
seta disable_ammo_rockets "0"
seta disable_ammo_lightning "0"
seta disable_ammo_cells "0"
seta disable_ammo_grenades "0"
seta disable_ammo_bullets "0"
seta disable_ammo_shells "0"
seta disable_weapon_grapplinghook "0"
seta disable_weapon_bfg "0"
seta disable_weapon_plasmagun "0"
seta disable_weapon_railgun "0"
seta disable_weapon_lightning "0"
seta disable_weapon_rocketlauncher "0"
seta disable_weapon_grenadelauncher "0"
seta disable_weapon_machinegun "0"
seta disable_weapon_shotgun "0"
seta disable_weapon_gauntlet "0"
seta disable_item_health_mega "0"
seta disable_item_health_large "0"
seta disable_item_health "0"
seta disable_item_health_small "0"
seta disable_item_armor_body "0"
seta disable_item_armor_combat "0"
seta disable_item_armor_shard "0"

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 07:47:43 PM »

what are
seta disable_item_bluecube "0"
seta disable_item_redcube "0"
seta disable_item_ammoregen "0"
seta disable_item_doubler "0"
seta disable_item_guard "0"
seta disable_item_scout "0"
seta disable_item_enviro "0"

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 08:40:30 PM »

Doubler, Guard, Scout and Ammoregen are the Permanent Runes, found in several maps.
Bluecube and Redcube may be the skulls from Harvester.
Enviro is the Battle Suit.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 01:52:48 AM »

Why aren't they already defined? I have to create them with "seta" command, and that is unuasual (most notably, a person cannot know all these variables, simply because if you type \disable_ and press TAB key you find nothing, except those you already created by yourself)... Is it to save cvar memory? Is there a command to delete manually created cvars from my q3config.cfg?

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 09:19:23 AM »

Why aren't they already defined? I have to create them with "seta" command, and that is unuasual (most notably, a person cannot know all these variables, simply because if you type \disable_ and press TAB key you find nothing, except those you already created by yourself)... Is it to save cvar memory?
"replace_*" in oaxB46 is not defined either. You cannot find them in the code either because they are not defined anywhere. Items that spawns check if there are a disabled_MYNAME or replace_MYNAME cvar before spawning and decides what to do. That way all new items automatically support the options without any coders having to define a bunch of cvars for every little item.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 09:20:29 AM »

I'm planning to include them in an Advanced or Server tab on the oa_launcher utility I'm building, so people can set them easily.  I've almost got load/save working for the basic options.

Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 12:53:56 AM »

ok i checked the wiki and im still not completly sure what "permanent runes" are?

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 06:04:28 AM »

Probably it's because there isn't a page about "The Mission Pack" or about the "items" yet. The Mission Pack resembles the official "Team Arena" mod for Quake 3. Additional weapons and items (chaingun, kamikaze, etc.) and game modes (harvester, overload, one flag ctf) from Team Arena are already inside the "baseoa", but The Mission Pack should be even closer...

Anyway, Team Arena introduced the so-called "Team Power ups", as you can find in Team Arena help (you can download the Team Arena demo, it's free of charge and standalone). They are "permanent" because, after you get one, you will have it until you die. They are "team" because you can get only the ones dedicated to your team (usually, those you find in your own base).

I suppose Neon Knight was talking about "team power ups"...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 07:28:25 AM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 07:17:52 AM »

Yep, those ones.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 08:49:19 AM »

Thank you for the explanation Gig. Smiley and all that I could find on the wikia was on this page DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping](DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping so are there any maps with these on them yet? cuz i have never seen one and it would be cool to play with them Cheesy

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 09:32:49 AM »

Did you try The Mission Pack?

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 10:11:20 AM »

Thank you for the explanation Gig. Smiley and all that I could find on the wikia was on this page DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping](DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping so are there any maps with these on them yet?
The bases maps had them ctf4ish has the guard powerup. Some of the maps found on this forum has them too like islandctf4a3 or oasago1f1.

To use them in baseoa you must set g_runes = 1 (default is off in baseoa, on in missionpack).

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 10:19:06 AM »

ok cool. thanks again for the info Smiley

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 11:07:34 AM »

Probably, it's time to write those "The Mission Pack" and "Manual/Items" pages... I haven't much time this weekend, I hope to write down something the next week, and then I hope someone more expert than me (I didn't know about g_runes, for example) could expand them...

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 11:44:49 AM »

Here's something to help you: http://planetquake.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Guides.Detail&id=65&game=4

EDIT: If you have 0.8.5, hydronex2, blitzkrieg3, oa_koth2, oa_reptctf11, ps9ctf and ps37ctf2 are among the maps with the Team Arena stuff. The ones which have the Runes/Team Powerups/Permanent Runes/Team Items/whatever you want to call them are hydronex2, oa_reptctf11, delta and oa_spirit3.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 04:50:57 AM »

Does this work? I tried set disable_weapon_gauntlet 1, but I still have it.
If this command simply prevents items from spawning, since you have the gauntlet by default (it spawns nowhere), it seems useless... :-/

WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2010, 06:10:27 AM »

Does this work? I tried set disable_weapon_gauntlet 1, but I still have it.
If this command simply prevents items from spawning, since you have the gauntlet by default (it spawns nowhere), it seems useless... :-/
The disable_weapon_ parameters don't seem to affect what you start with, just what spawns.  It's actually kind of annoying, as I'd like to be able to have people start with 100 chain instead of 100 machine, and things like that.  I don't know of any way to get rid of gauntlet, off hand.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: