Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: House sitting with a pre Intel Imac and an awesome PCWIN7 on guest mode...  (Read 5070 times)
BitchAzz (FU)
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

Hey Fraggers!

« on: January 17, 2010, 11:10:38 PM »

I am a Mac guy, I have an Intel Mac at home and it works great. I had to borrow a pre Intel mac for a couple of weeks, but there is also a SUPER PC with Windows 7. To make a long story short, it was cool my Boss' husband downloaded OA for me to play, but even though I have the right preferences (Internet, Lan, cable blah blah) it works in single player but will not connect to servers no matter how many times I refresh or restart. I cannot connect to a specified server either. I also play as FragFreek (FU) so I will understand if no one helps me, ha ha. I am not at liberty to mess with the dude's pc, am I missing something? Thanks!

You Create Your Own Reality
arinlares
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 03:44:29 AM »

On the server connection screen, make sure you're on Internet?  I've had OA for a couple weeks or so, and still trip up on that.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:46:14 AM »

Afaik OA doesn't work well with proxys and such, i can't get it to connect to an internet server. So make sure you have an direct conn to inet.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 11:55:02 AM »

Afaik OA doesn't work well with proxys and such, i can't get it to connect to an internet server. So make sure you have an direct conn to inet.

OA will never work trhough a http proxy ( eg squid ) and neither on other kind of proxies using tcp or tcp tunnelling : OA uses UDP protocol , so it could work only trough a proxy able to forward also UDP protocol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: