Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slow mouse.  (Read 8040 times)
djbrokenrecord
Nub

Cakes -1

« on: January 24, 2010, 12:20:54 AM »

Open Arena won't run correctly on my computer. The cursor moves too slow. I have tried different configurations via the menu and the console. I've tried changing my OS settings. I've tried different mice. I've heard of other people having this problem. I've never found a solution for it. Does anyone here know the solution for it?
djbrokenrecord
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 12:22:48 AM »

Oh sorry! I forgot to list my specs. 2.2ghz macbook pro, 10.4.11
HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 07:54:16 AM »

What happens when you change the mouse sensitivity? If you set it to something very high, like 10?
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 08:54:22 AM »

If changing the mouse sensitivity ingame does not make a difference try toggling in_disablemacosxmouseaccel (default should be 1). The mouse behavior is different under Mac OS X but I don't have a Mac and I am not sure about the details.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 11:29:15 AM »

Well, i can confirm that mouse in the menus is strangely slow on intel macs (posted about that a year ago, when i bought my first intel mac), but  in the game it works normally for me, this is my current mouse sensitivity:

By the way, you should really upgrade at least to leopard (even better to snow leopard): tiger is no longer supported by apple and on that hardware there is really no reason to remain with it (unless you have some critical software that doesn't run on newer systems).
Marble of Doom
Bigger member

Cakes 4

Caketastic

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 08:17:16 PM »

Tiger doesn't run well on my old intel mac it must be horrible on a mac book pro.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: