Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: suggestion about empty servers  (Read 5330 times)
poldie
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 04, 2010, 12:04:34 PM »

It's great that there's an option on the server select screen which removes bots from the displayed number of players on the server.  But it's not so great that the `empty servers` option includes bots as players.  A server with only bots in it is an empty server!  Would it be a problem to honour the currently selected  `only humans` option in the `empty server` choice?  That would be great!
SlippJigg
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 08:11:02 PM »

poldie,

Quite like the original Q3A, the in-game game browser sucks.

I suggest you use Qtracker.  It is the best game browser available.  It is free to download and use. Here is the link http://www.qtracker.com/
You can set up better filters for bots in qtracker, you can also add custom filters of you own.

Qtracker works with OpenArena, as well as these other great free games:  Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, Nexuiz, Alien Arena, World of Padman, Tremulous, Warsow, and Urban Terror (my favorite).

Qtracker also works with over 100 games.

Hope this helps you!
SlippJigg
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 12:13:22 AM »

i guess it helps to use external server browsers - but our aim should be to improve the in-game browser. a totally new player will not download a server browser just to try out the game.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 10:31:07 AM »

0.8.5 does that

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: