Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Editing teams for online team deathmatch  (Read 6001 times)
ariel_jesus237
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: January 27, 2010, 09:35:52 PM »

I am wondering how one would go about setting up teams in a config file? I know there is an option to force team balance but what if I wanted to set up a team of humans vs bots or something similar? I tried kicking bots but since bot_minplayer wasn't met, a bot just joins again in my team.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 10:01:04 AM »

...but what if I wanted to set up a team of humans vs bots or something similar?
Players would have to choose themselves which team to join, it's not possible to decide of a team composition with the actual version of openarena.

You may check which features have been implemented in OAX, I'm not sure if future admin tools permit what you ask for.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 10:25:40 AM »

I know there is an option to force team balance but what if I wanted to set up a team of humans vs bots or something similar? I tried kicking bots but since bot_minplayer wasn't met, a bot just joins again in my team.

The team force balance command is called /g_teamForceBalance. To be able to determine where you want to place the bots set the bot_minplayer to 0, and add bots manually with the addbot command:

/addbot <botname> <skill 1-5> <team> <msec delay> <altname>

Like: /addbot Sergei 4 Red will add Sergei to the red team.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: