Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: adding ai to model  (Read 17020 times)
rAmPaGingONI
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:03:38 PM »

i have several models i imported, but none of them have ais.  i tried copying ais from other imported models and modifying those, but the modded bot wont show up in the bot list.  what am i doing wrong?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 09:21:50 PM »

AIs should have extra info in order to work with OA. Specifically, the info regarding to the Missionpack weapons.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 04:03:31 AM »

Oh, so you already wrote them 4 botfiles, don't you?

For example you have Example model and you created example_c.c example_i.c example_t.c and example_w.c.

The final moment to finish the bot is a .bot script. Which, in this example, looks the following:

Code:
{
name Example
model example
aifile bots/example_c.c
}

The name should be example.bot in the scripts subfolder. And you can have multiple bots listed in the same additional botfile. It's like adding a map. Arena files can list many maps inside them. And the bot's ame in the botfile can be also recolored with those ^1 etc. command.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
rAmPaGingONI
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 06:51:20 AM »

i have all the files i need: i modified an existing ai model that i had already imported, replacing the model and sounds, and changing the _c.c and .bot accordingly.  the problem is that the bot will not load for a match.  if i set the bot beforehand, it wont load, and if i try to add it when im already in a match, it says that theres a loading error.  also, the model doesnt appear, its just a floating weapon.  
00Hugo00
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:56:22 AM »

the c.c files need to be used. You can use defaults. but warning licenses.

00Hugo00 : - p
rAmPaGingONI
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 11:20:44 AM »

what exactly does that mean?
00Hugo00
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 11:24:04 AM »

the files like penguin_*.c.c

Some times it's chat, sometimes actions (like crouch)

Eg. : you can translate the chat to french, so the bot speak french. Simple, isn't it ?

00Hugo00 : - p
rAmPaGingONI
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 12:20:03 PM »

no i meant what do you mean by used?  your original response was pretty cryptic.  i have those files in the pk3 of the models, but the bot still doesnt work
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 03:19:04 PM by rAmPaGingONI » Logged
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 02:14:42 AM »

i have all the files i need: i modified an existing ai model that i had already imported, replacing the model and sounds, and changing the _c.c and .bot accordingly.  the problem is that the bot will not load for a match.  if i set the bot beforehand, it wont load, and if i try to add it when im already in a match, it says that theres a loading error.  also, the model doesnt appear, its just a floating weapon. 

It sounds like a model mismatch. Check the .bot file and that the model is usable as a playermodel... is it listed on the selection screen?

Also some models had broken botfiles by default. I remember that I had to recreate the Brawl model's botfiles because they were damaged. Although the new one became good.

Oh, and OpenArena uses other names for the weapons/items in _w.c and _i.c. You should fix them as well... because you'll get Error: invalid weapon name or something and the bot only use machinegun.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
rAmPaGingONI
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 10:21:30 AM »

it is listed on the selection screen, i already fixed that particular problem, the current problem is that the bots fail to load for a match and have no models, and yes, i already replaced the w_c.c and i_c.c files, like the import instructions told me to.  and i dont think the botfiles are broken.  the originals of the botfiles that i modified do work ingame.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 04:04:45 AM »

Would you mind sharing a .pk3? (If you can point me to a download page, that's enough as well)

That'd help much bugtracking much easier. And which model are we talking about? Because I have already converted some... and I've got a huge model pack on an ioquake install, that I have to use UIE to see every one of them.

Personally, I don't like those instructions, because the bot's original weapon weights will be rewritten as well. I change those tags and adds the missing ones, while trying to keep the personality close to the original one.

rAmPaGingONI
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 09:12:49 AM »

here
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 03:16:10 PM »

The whole model has been messed up, originally it's subfolder was PMS and not demonica. It still tried to find it's own textures in the pms folder... which doesn't exist and the model was untextured... that's why it was a flying weapon.

The _t.c file had also a bug, because it also specifies the bot's name and there was another PMS-Demonica mismatch.

Both fixed. Bot's name is reverted back to PMS.

rAmPaGingONI
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 06:21:09 PM »

thanks.  but its weird, when i was making my own ai from scratch, it wasnt working, so i tried inserting it into an existing one, and the model actually worked for a while then randomly stopped
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 02:20:32 AM »

In AI making, there is no "randomly stopped". Although it's possible that the map hasn't got bot support. (AAS file)

If you use that Botstudio, that's fine, but that was written to Quake 3, so the _w.c and _i.c files must be rewritten. And many of the default replies are with another name, so don't use them either. If you write them manually from scratch, than it's better to copy and rewrite a bot then save it with another name. (_c.c files points to their _w.c _i.c _t.c files, actually) It's easier a bit, I think.

Sometimes the console wrote out what's the problem, sometimes not. f the problem is with the bot, the console write it out, but if it's the problem of the model, the console won't give a message.

rAmPaGingONI
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 12:40:52 PM »

im saying that the models worked fine, and then while i was trying to get the ai working, the models stopped working w/out me messing with them
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 03:13:16 AM »

That's not possible. Model and botfiles are two different things and they don't share a single file. OK, bots are attached to modelfiles but you can write a bot without a model... and it will work, reverted back to the default model.

Don't rename the model's directory. Or if you really like to, then edit the .skin-files and check the .shaders as well.

And there is a huge difference between the model-failure and the bot-failure. If the model doesn't work, then you can't select it on the model selection screen. If the bot fails, then you can select the model but the bot won't load.

rAmPaGingONI
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 06:25:44 PM »

thanks for your help, ive been able to get all of them working, except for 2.  both of the models work fine, so i wont bother uploading them, but they wont load in maps
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 02:20:35 PM »

The Lara Croft model I know about uses the lara modelname in scripts/laracroft.bot, not laracroft.

I don't have the other model, but I think that it has the same problem (maybe it uses the ryla directory instead of witchblade? I'm just guessing, you should check the md3's models subfolder. The model's subfolder's name is the model name in the .bot-file.)

rAmPaGingONI
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 09:21:08 PM »

no the models fine, but the ai wont load
EDIT: ok, the lara croft works now, but for the ryla, apparently changing the chat file to only 1 line per chat instance makes it work.  but how can i make the bot say multiple things per instance (ie have multiple things they can say for hit_nokill) and still make the bot work?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:26:51 AM by rAmPaGingONI » Logged
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 03:21:03 PM »

Rechecked those Ryla botfiles again. There were many typos in the _t.c file (I don't remember but mostly the punctuations were misplaced)

Also, skill 1's aim parts are missing from _c.c. I don't know the bot that good, to fix her aim, but here are the fixed_t... find the diffs. (I"M to I'M, and similar bugs)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: