Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CTF map: HDsago (Alpha)  (Read 11341 times)
MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« on: February 03, 2010, 10:38:48 PM »

oasago2 remake by Evil|HD.

Download pk3:
<link removed>

Screenshots:
<removed>
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:06:41 AM by MIOW » Logged
Half-Nub

Cakes 10

Also known as Dots & cookies

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:53:01 PM »

I REALLY like this version. I get 120-125 fps like the original sago. Thanks for posting this. Cheesy
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 04:36:00 AM »

The oversaturation of the yellow lights kill it, as well as the oversized pentagram surfaces.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
ikao
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 06:52:07 PM »

Great map! It tastes like oasago2.
The jumper right outside of the flag room feels cheap, though. People could still choose to rocket jump in exchange for a few hitpoints and the chance of horrible failure, but else, I feel that most gameplay will be spent there as it is way faster than any other route. It also bypasses the great bridge meeting point.
You don't have to remove it completely, but I think that overjumping right into the room next to the bridge by default would be better.
Maybe make the stairs in the side easier to climb if you want n00b friendliness and more reasonable balance.
**HD
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 10:11:02 AM »

I want to emphasize that this map never was thought to be published (also told miow not to do). It was just a testmap to get into the mapping stuff, and since it lay only on password secured server, i dont know how it founnd it way to public. Its oversized, crappy textured and of cause not good lightned as fromhell already said.

Nevertheless, i felt like i can do better, so here is a little impression for my actual ctf map, again gothic style. I will create a test-able version in about a week to get some feedback of level layout and how to increase the gameflow :
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9245/shot0000pd.jpg

« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:30:11 AM by **HD » Logged
MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 08:57:17 AM »

I want to emphasize that this map never was thought to be published (also told miow not to do).

Ooh, sorry Sad
But you didn't actually tell me not to make this map publicly available, just that you don't want to contribute it to OA.

I remember we played this map over the summer and asked Obama to upload it lately, then posted the link on this forum when another oasago2 remake was mentioned, and it got positive feedback http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=3492.msg29650#msg29650

Anyway, I prune the link and screenshots.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 03:30:19 AM »

Good news are on its way:
HD will take his hand on this version again in the near future.
Because of the good gameplay on hdsago, i am glad with his decision!

THX HD!
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 03:33:37 PM »

Hello,
Is there any link to the original version, or the new one ? I played on it once, and I must say that this is the best remake of the oasago2 map Ive seen yet, and I would like to include it in the OACL mappack.

Is it possible to upload it anywhere please ?
**HD
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 04:37:48 PM »

i didnt find the time to redo the map yet, since i am working on a statistic tracker for Openarena (more ql-ish and less like the already existing stat trackers for q3-based games).
Do you want this map for the already running league (changing the map pool ?) ? I still have the .map source on my HDD, so someone with time can bugfix this map, though i personally would rather tend to redo it from scratch, because it is totally oversized.

Known issues on the map are:

- bad lightning, i just put fast some lights on it (all orange... )

- many leaks to VOID, fixed it by putting the map into a big box.

- bugged jump pads

- oversized rooms.. 

- no bot support (well, not important for the league)
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 04:54:37 PM »

Maybe you should submit your (great!) work to the svn thread (if you like to gpl your work).
I am sure, that anybody here will take his hand on it to finish the map Wink
**HD
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 05:03:40 PM »

yes, i will upload it. Wanted it with my last post already, but then i realized i have like trillions of different versions of this map (made before any major change a safe copy). I will have a look at this mess tomorrow, and hopefully there will be a version without mirrored sides, so this will make the work much easier. Also i think many of the leaks come from wrong mirroring
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: