Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Art Request - Portable Bomb  (Read 5047 times)
xkvtztvkx
Nub

Cakes 4

« on: February 21, 2010, 04:25:31 AM »

I'd like to make a portable bomb pack similar to the ones used in Bomb Mode in CounterStrike and UrbanTerror, but I'd like it to have a more modern styling suitable for a game that has futuristic weapons like railguns and plasmaguns.

While I'm pretty handy with Blender I'm not much of an artist, so I'd like some help with the design. If someone could do some concept art for a futuristic portable bomb pack that would be very helpful. The art doesn't have to be amazingly good, just as long as it's legible. Front, side and top views would be helpful.

Thanks.
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 02:52:11 PM »

Here is an idea complete with a description of the bomb

Plasma bomb: explosives when detected and the explosion looks similar to the BFGs green plasma exploding expect it is purple instead. The area at the top is a special glass casing with metal enforcement used to hold the purple plasma. The two tanks on the top hold small generators which when charged causes the plasma bomb to go off. The dots on the side in each corn are screws used to hold the front panel on the rest of the bomb container. Finally the two red and blue things are the stereotypical wires one must cut to disarm the bomb. I made the wires thick in this cause because I felt it looked better and made more sense because they are each help power two small generators. Attached is what it would look like. View order is front, back, side.

xkvtztvkx
Nub

Cakes 4

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 12:51:29 AM »

Thanks Bane, I'll have a crack at that in Blender.
xkvtztvkx
Nub

Cakes 4

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 04:43:58 PM »

Working on it in this thread.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:24:37 AM by xkvtztvkx » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: