Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Launcher  (Read 55586 times)
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2010, 07:47:26 PM »

BTW, is there a good place to have the code I have so far for the config editor?  I've been busier than I planned to be of late, though I still intend to get back to it and finish it.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2010, 01:30:09 AM »

I can give you access to the SVN we use for the french OA community, though you have to register to Tuxfamily first, then I'll add you to the list of SVN commiters.

http://tuxfamily.org/en/subscribe

Here is a view of files currently hosted on it: http://svn.tuxfamily.org/viewvc.cgi/openarena_svn/ (templates for our wiki and forum, and some scripts for administrating OA servers)

Informations about how to access the SVN: http://faq.tuxfamily.org/SVN/En

This offer is also valid for other OA contributors, but it may be more reasonable to host OA projects inside OA's SVN itself, though the only procedure to commit on it is to go through this thread.
Official SVN is meant to be reorganized but this thread may not have received enough attention.

Todo: Walk the cat.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 08:56:29 PM »

For those interested in the current state of the config utility... here's the code to date.

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2010, 11:57:37 AM »

For curiosity, I tried to build it with Lazarus, seems I get this problem.
Code:
/tmp$ ./project1
[WARNING] Out of OEM specific VK codes, changing to unassigned
[WARNING] Out of unassigned VK codes, assigning $FF
Changed my GTK theme to clearlooks, but it didn't help. I admit I'm a bit lazy to try harder.

WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2010, 05:23:41 PM »

Ouch!  I'm still on 9.04, so haven't run into that before.  I wasn't clear on whether changing the theme would make the issue go away or not.  Still, that sucks.  Maybe I'll try recoding it in QT one of these days (just got a book on it).

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2010, 04:06:51 AM »

By the way, wouldn't QT help in making it cross-platform ?

WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2010, 08:36:03 PM »

Lazarus is already cross-platform Smiley  The only issue I had was the various locations the OS's use to store OA's files.

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2010, 02:56:28 AM »

Okay, in my mind GTK was hardly crossplatform, I know it runs on Windows with additionnal libs, but I wasn't sure for Mac OS X.
Good point for Lazarus Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2010, 11:40:56 AM »

Lazarus is already cross-platform Smiley  The only issue I had was the various locations the OS's use to store OA's files.

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Configuration_files_and_automatic_downloaded_files_path

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2010, 08:21:20 PM »

Okay, in my mind GTK was hardly crossplatform, I know it runs on Windows with additionnal libs, but I wasn't sure for Mac OS X.
Good point for Lazarus Wink

As near as I can tell, Lazarus is just using GTK on Linux, but uses native forms for Windows and Cocoa for Mac.  I could be wrong, of course.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2010, 02:04:42 PM »

I don't know.
On the wiki, I found a page about a program called "MacRadiant":
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_with_MacRadiant

Probably someone should update it, it has been written at the time of OpenArena 0.6.0 (it includes the links to download v060 of the engine and of the "linux tarball")...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2011, 09:18:53 AM »

My interest for this discussion was more specifically towards some "server browser", since this would be a crucial tool, and it may be worth bumping it.

It's not directly related but an idea I just had would have been to improve the server MOTD system if such tool comes to birth:

-> Giving the ability to fetch news concerning a server. That way, server administrators could tell stuff about their servers, which could then be read by players.

Some players don't care about coming on oa.ws to check that kind of infos, players are not always the ones you'll see on the forum. Goal is to improve communication: tell about server incidents, changes, organize tournaments...

I don't know more precisely what kind of implementation it could have.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2011, 11:38:51 AM »

Do you mean something similar to what I asked here or something different?

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2011, 01:01:50 PM »

Something slightly different, but somehow related.

Infos from servers, and ways for players to display them.
Current motd has a single entry, I was suggesting something more RSS-like (with entries based on dates or "item numbers"), while it's not very necessary.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: