Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.8.5 Bugs  (Read 224254 times)
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« on: March 03, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »

- no semi-colon ";" in chat (already notified)
- oax keeps tracks of the frags number (when changing team), it may also keep track of total played time of a player (otherwise we see people who have 200 frags made in one minute Wink )

Todo: Walk the cat.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 09:03:18 AM »

- no semi-colon ";" in chat (already notified)

This is a part of the fix for the callvote bug ( ";" char is converted to SPACE or so )
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 05:58:13 PM »

Was there a bug with callvoting then? Never heard of it and never bugged me ether. No ; on the opposite did bug me the first day i used 085...
PopeJo
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 01:14:54 AM »

still there:
- announce voice sometimes missing, when enemy gets the flag
- ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10 (at least) keypresses are dropped when screensaver tries to load (in my case every 10 minutes) - you will notice very easily by playing a big plasma-climb map, like prince_quake in defrag

MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 05:56:54 AM »

When I turn "hide private" off and return to server browser again it's turned on as in previous version.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 06:39:38 AM »

Was there a bug with callvoting then? Never heard of it and never bugged me ether. No ; on the opposite did bug me the first day i used 085...

It's the same BUG that affected UrT and still affects all OA081 servers ( with the exception of the Rainbow Servers which were patched after I've reported the BUG and other servers that use an engine compiled with a more recent ioquake3 svn revision)

Code:

/callvote map oasago2 ; kick RMF

The patch for this bug was made of 2 parts :
- a VM fix
- an engine fix

Both sanitize the ";" and other special chars that canbe used as a command separator.

At ioq3 they have choosen to patch also the engine for all the games in which the VM patch could not be applied.

And that's true while you are using Oa085 binaries and you are conected to an oa081 server for example.
chaoticsoldier

Cakes 18

This space intentionally left blank.

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 07:26:52 AM »

Some more bugs:

Can't spectate freely in am_underworks
- I can't move around at all. I am stuck in the one location.

Missing elevator texture in ce1m7
- The elevator now has no textures! So far this is the only missing texture I've found. I have no other 3rd party pk3s in any of my baseoa folders.

Kamikaze visible through walls
- In Hydronex2, the kamikaze is visible from behind the walls when cg_simpleitems is enabled.

Axis markers visible on the kamikaze item
- When you walk to certain places on Hydronex2 while carrying the kamikaze item, there are axis markers that sometimes appear on it. They appear in certain areas of the blue and red bases and also in the underwater tunnels. I have not tested this on other maps.

0.8.1 demos aren't played perfectly.
CorteX mentioned this here
- It always says the player is out of ammo.
- Health item always visible on the right of screen
- Often quits with the error:
Code:
cg_registeritemvisuals: itemnum XXX out of range [0 - 60]

0101100101101111011101010010011101110110011001010010000001101010011101010111001101110100001000000111011101100001011100110111010001100101011001000010000001111001011011110111010101110010001000000111010001101001011011010110010100101110
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 07:50:05 AM »

Can't spectate freely in am_underworks
- I can't move around at all. I am stuck in the one location.
I'll fix that. But am_underworks is supposed to be replaced by am_underworks2 JSYK.

EDIT: Try using the crouch key to escape from that area. It works.

Kamikaze visible through walls
- In Hydronex2, the kamikaze is visible from behind the walls when cg_simpleitems is enabled.
I've reported this long ago, and I've tried to fix this, since it was supposedly a fault in the shaders. There was nothing. :/

Axis markers visible on the kamikaze item
- When you walk to certain places on Hydronex2 while carrying the kamikaze item, there are axis markers that sometimes appear on it. They appear in certain areas of the blue and red bases and also in the underwater tunnels. I have not tested this on other maps.
It's for the Invulnerability item, which ATM hasn't any model, neither for the pickup or the effect. Although I don't remember if the Invul is in that map.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 11:34:11 AM by |TXC| Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 10:24:13 AM »

Simple items seen through walls is a result of a shader not being found for that cgame sprite

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 11:57:12 AM »

You can still use ';' in say.

Like this:
/say ";)"

but no longer like this:
/say ;)

Messages sent with the chat key works too. I am not entirely sure about the reason (patch taken directly from ioquake3) but as Falkland says it is likely to protect unsafe VMs from receiving unsanitized commands.

I could possible create a local /say command that catches that the player writes in /say and put "" around it before sending it to the server.

On an unrelated matter: baseoa never had a callvote bug (neither did baseq3). But many mods that improved the callvote code did and we cannot fix them.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Marble of Doom
Bigger member

Cakes 4

Caketastic

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 09:12:11 PM »

BFG and chaingun still appear messed up in in the controls menu.

BlankA.
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 01:34:24 PM »

*Double hit sound when using RG. (As in I fire once and it goes "ding - ding").

*Micro FPS stutter (If anyone played Oblivion; That's exactly what it's like).
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 03:16:20 PM »

*Double hit sound when using RG. (As in I fire once and it goes "ding - ding").

When your enemy falls down hurting him/herself after you shoot him/her, you can hear a second hit sound, that's due to the g_awardpushing 1. Please check if that's the case.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »

Oh lol i finally get what that is for, thought it had something to do with pushing teammates with rail or lg Tongue
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 03:26:49 PM »

- Unable to callvote kick names with special characters, because of serverstatus crashing. Oh, maybe we can call that vote from game menu... fine.
- No sound when commiting suicide (/kill) (or when being killed ?) when holding the kamikaze

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 03:45:40 PM »

/serverstatus has never returned client numbers and never been useful for clientkick. The crash bug is in the binaries on the server.

The new command /clients returns the client numbers that can be used by clientkick. It does not work until the first score event (death) though. The same goes for the clientkick menu, because the client numbers are not braodcasted until the first score event.

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 08:13:03 AM »

I had a little issue with votes while playing online, not sure if it can be reproduced:
The game starts, during warmup (i'm not sure of that fact) someone calls a vote for nextmap. Vote quickly fails.
Match begins. That same person calls again the vote, which also fails. Then we wait like 30 seconds and the map goes to next one.
It happpened on a server where I was admin, and It's not likely some other admin rcon-ed to next map.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 09:31:48 AM »

The vote bug sound pretty serious but I simply cannot see how it was done. There are only two places where vote-commands are executed and both of them appears to be checked.

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 11:03:46 AM »

The problem also is I'm not sure of this bug, because I wasn't paying attention to it when it happened. If other people experience the same then we could confirm this, maybe it was an hallucination Wink

- /say "Wink" doesn't display well, at least on my computer ... no semi-colon. I'd also add the " characters aren't displayed either, but it's not new.

- still about parsing, but colors this time (maybe already pointed) :
^3C^1a^3c^1a^4t^7o^5e^3s => displays well on the score board.
^CC^aa^cc^aa^tt^oo^ee^ss => doesn't.
This may not be important if we switch to some hexadecimal notation for colors.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 11:39:55 AM »

I still have hard time forgiving the original Quake 3 coders for not having a permanent escape char like '^'. It seems so wrong that it is sometimes an escape char and sometimes not. The number of bugs throughout the time because of this has been quite large and made a lot of code unnecessarily complicated (that is partly the reason for the many bugs).

I often have the urge to simple make '^' a permanent escape char. The main problem is of course that people that wanted to write "^._.^" would have to write "^^._.^^" instead

And yes the ';' does not work. Apparently I was playing on an old binary and the new anti-; in the binary is much more strict than the VM code.

menganito
Lesser Nub

Cakes 7

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 09:09:14 AM »

- many people are complaining about not being able to switch weapons after upgrade (encountered it only on a non pure server, namely ROFL CTF 4 fishes) - how to solve? I always recommend a complete reinstall.
- with simple items on, i can see the kamikaze item in ctf4ish through walls as well
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »

- When you launch a "mod" from the menĂ¹, the sound stops working at all, if you have "OpenAl" disabled or not installed. To workaround, you can launch the mod directly from command line (for example, openarena.exe +set fs_game missionpack), or you can install and enable OpenAl. But I think it should be fixed anyway. Tested with OA 0.8.5 under Windows XP. See also here.

- Map czest1tourney lacks textures for some jump-pads...

- When a rocket explodes, for a moment (few frames), I can see a semi-transparent "square" inside the blast. Is it possible to fix it?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:15:22 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 01:36:05 AM »

You can still use ';' in say.

Like this:
/say ";)"
Not working for me (OA .8.5 and Windows XP).. :-(

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 04:48:38 PM »

Hello everybody. Some news about the previously indicated bugs? Have they been confirmed?
Anyway, I've found another strange thing.

Well, if you start the game with something like openarena.exe +exec <cfg file name> +set <variablename> 1 and the cfg file specifies a different value for the same variable (for example, 0), what should happen?
I suppose the value manually entered should override the one from the config file, but it seems it is not so.

As you can see DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/CorkScrew#Troubleshooting]here ("Troubleshooting" section), launching this way the same mod, in Quake III Arena the value from the command line "wins", while in OpenArena it keeps the one from the config file.

Can you check this situation, please? Bye!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:05:04 AM by Gig » Logged

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 06:29:58 PM »

Hello everybody. Some news about the previously indicated bugs? Have they been confirmed?

The blocky rocket splash is already fixed, will be included in the next release. The oafix packages also seem to fix the blue bubble portals on ctf4ish.

The missing jumppad textures in czest1tourney and ce1m7 are caused by the evil8_base.shader coming with the patch. Don't know which definition exactly, but I guess the evil8.shader coming with 0.8.1 contains all the definitions, so evil8_base.shader can be omitted. Just include an empty text file with the same name in a package numbered higher than the patch. An example package is attached, please test if there is any regression with that.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: