Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.8.5 Bugs  (Read 224363 times)
ikao
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 08:39:32 PM »

*Double hit sound when using RG. (As in I fire once and it goes "ding - ding").

When your enemy falls down hurting him/herself after you shoot him/her, you can hear a second hit sound, that's due to the g_awardpushing 1. Please check if that's the case.

Some times I hear it long after I hit them. Possibly they have jumped down from a high place after being hit by me but it was certainly not because of my rocket. Is that a bug or the expected behavior?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 04:27:24 AM »

An example package is attached, please test if there is any regression with that.
Than you for the informations.
Your hotfix works well (now I see those jump-pads), waiting for 0.8.6. :-)
What do you mean with "regression"? Possible negative repercussions?

It would be nice to update DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Bugs]this page every time a bug is fixed...
Ah, should I also write there each time I found a probable bug?

Let me thank all you guys for the enormous work behind OpenArena!

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 06:41:21 AM »

What do you mean with "regression"?

By regression I mean that the maps in 0.8.1 are fixed now, but maybe the 0.8.5 maps need the evil8_base.shader (but I didn't noticed missing shaders so far). So the fix may introduce new bugs which didn't exist before the fix.

The wiki is a good place to indicate which bugs where fixed, but we could also post in the 0.8.6 todo topic.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Virus
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 06:01:44 AM »

EDIT: Just ignore post, this seemed to be a one-time error, as I can't reproduce it. Sorry!

Bug or feature?

When you play a match in single player mode and select any difficulty (lets say "hurt me plenty") and you win, then the corresponding logo shows on the picture in the level select. But when you now replay the level on a lower difficulty setting (like "I can win"), the game does not remember that you beat it before on "Hurt me plenty" and only shows the corresponding logo of a "I can win" victory.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:07:27 AM by Virus » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2010, 02:54:10 AM »

Are you sure? I just tried and it kept the previous logo of the higher difficulty level... (at the end of the match I exited to menù from the button, I haven't try to go to the next map)...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 03:57:27 AM »

Well, if you start the game with something like openarena.exe +exec <cfg file name> +set <variablename> 1 and the cfg file specifies a different value for the same variable (for example, 0), what should happen?
I suppose the value manually entered should override the one from the config file, but it seems it is not so.
I think this change was intentional. +set from the command line is now executed very early so that they can be used during system initialization before the "exec" or any other commands can be executed. I am not sure but I believe that is the reason. The original quake 3 used a lot of CVARs during startup that was impossible to change because of it.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 06:22:33 AM »

Well, if you start the game with something like openarena.exe +exec <cfg file name> +set <variablename> 1 and the cfg file specifies a different value for the same variable (for example, 0), what should happen?
I suppose the value manually entered should override the one from the config file, but it seems it is not so.
I think this change was intentional. +set from the command line is now executed very early so that they can be used during system initialization before the "exec" or any other commands can be executed. I am not sure but I believe that is the reason. The original quake 3 used a lot of CVARs during startup that was impossible to change because of it.
I understand. This could be an explaination. How to be sure of this? Anyway, this way you have a lot of CVARs that are impossible to change (unless modifying the cfg, obvioulsy) from command line because of the "exec" overwrites them... :-/ I don't know "which is the minor bad", as we say in Italy...

PS (completely OT, sorry), what are "cakes" mentioned near the number of posts, in this forum?

Virus
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 08:08:30 AM »

Are you sure? I just tried and it kept the previous logo of the higher difficulty level... (at the end of the match I exited to menù from the button, I haven't try to go to the next map)...

Just checked and tried to reproduce the error, but I can't. Looks like it was some strange hick-up on my side...
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 11:30:32 AM »

Some little things, please see here.

Small summary of the linked post:
- A small problem: not showing text for picked up items if you enable \cg_alwaysWeaponBar 1.
- A smaller problem (or is it intentional?): when you switch weapons, the name of the weapon is not shown (unlike Q3A's behaviour).
- A request: is it possible to add the option \g_weaponBarStyle to the menus?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:53:26 AM by Gig » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 12:14:26 PM »

Two things about the "Elimination" game mode:
- You you set \elimination_roundtime to 0, every round immediately ends. I think it would be (a lot) better if 0=no time limit... so the round would end only when a team has no more players alive.
- Map Q3DM6ISH does not appear in the list of the maps available for Elimination. Since -as far as I know- Q3DM6 was one of the most popular maps for OSP Clan Arena in Q3A, and Elimination is basically the same as Clan Arena, I think that Q3DM6ISH should be available for Elimination.

Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 02:36:25 PM »

Q3DM6ish had been rejected twice to be commercially included. The first version is too bare, and the second version had been rejected because of the 0.8.0-texture-crisis. It looks like that because it's a Quake3 map remake, it won't be included in 0.9.0 neither, even if it's retexturized again (Neon_Knight made a variant), alongside with wrackdm17, which is currently available.

In other words, that's not a bug, that's a quality reason..

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »

So, 0.9.0 will not have Q6DM6ISH and WRACKDM17? :-( :-( :-( What a bad news... :-( :-(

Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 04:28:15 PM »

IIRC, they'll be available as an addon. But I don't remember exactly.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2010, 04:34:51 PM »

So, 0.9.0 will not have Q6DM6ISH and WRACKDM17? :-( :-( :-( What a bad news... :-( :-(

Naaaa ... it's not indeed ...

Both maps are very bad remakes : they ONLY remember  Q3DM6 and Q3DM17 in the name and in the raw form , but they are different in the layouts , in the dimensions and about the game feeling ... Q3DM6ISH is impossible to be played in Elimination : you can only dream about RJ tricks seen in the famous Fatality/arQon Q3 video. You cannot even immagine to play like in Q3DM6 because Q3DM6ISH is smaller than the original map.

Anyway there are other maps funny in Elimination like oa_rpg3dm2 or am_galmevish or the meisterlampe-collection

If you like Q3 maps and you have the q3 texture package, you can use the DC MAP PACK which has also Q3DM6 ( called dc_map11 in the pack ) . The pack was released by ID to permit setting up servers for DreamCast console owners. BTW , the pack includes also some inedited maps and some maps included also in QuakeLive.

In OA090 you shouldn't need the texture pack because the release should have a large number of texture already replaced.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2010, 02:44:15 AM »

Anyway, what do you think about making \elimination_roundtime 0 = "no round time limit" instead of "no play at all" as now? When I played OSP Clan Arena years ago, I didn't rember a round time limit...

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2010, 09:20:02 AM »

Anyway, what do you think about making \elimination_roundtime 0 = "no round time limit" instead of "no play at all" as now? When I played OSP Clan Arena years ago, I didn't rember a round time limit...

Yes , you are right :-)

That's a BUG as it is now because timelimit 0 and fraglimit 0 already mean in order no timelimit and no fraglimit.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2010, 09:26:55 AM »

[...]
In other words, that's not a bug, that's a quality reason..

Uhm ... I'd suggest to let the "Quality Reason" argument out of the topic , else we should ask why all the oa_baseXX , delta , oa_ctf2 ... maps (which objectively are not qualitatively good maps) are still there.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2010, 12:52:11 PM »

Yes , you are right :-)

That's a BUG as it is now because timelimit 0 and fraglimit 0 already mean in order no timelimit and no fraglimit.
Well, I think there should be no problem if you change this in Elimination and CTF Elimination... do you think it could create some problem with CTF Elimination when "DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/CTF_Elimination#One_way_capture]One way capture" mode is on?

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2010, 09:48:53 AM »

Wrackdm17 is a map which seems quite playable. I had fun with it on instarail, and even on allweapons I think it's very decent.
Problem is "they are remakes and fromhell doesn't like that". I personally don't care if they are remakes or not.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »

IMHO:
If there is a copyright problem, it's right to remove them, but if it is not the case, I think that they should stay there (maybe with better textures, if you think it is necessary): as an old Quake 3 lover, altough they differ from the originals, I liked very much the surprise of finding these two maps inside OA, without the need to download and install any extra map-pack. Probably most people downloads a game and uses it with the stuff provided "out of the box"...

WRACKDM17 is even better than the original for one detail: the platform with railgun is lower than the main platform, so it is no so easy to "camp" and frag everyone from there.

Anyway, this is only my advice, do what you think is the right thing.
Most important, in this thread, is to find (and, if possible, fix) bugs... as far as we are, there are various things to work on...

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2010, 05:09:28 AM »

Wrackdm17 is a map which seems quite playable. I had fun with it on instarail, and even on allweapons I think it's very decent.
Problem is "they are remakes and fromhell doesn't like that". I personally don't care if they are remakes or not.
Exactly. I really like wrackdm17, almost everyone loves the map on belzerail, and there is even a server dedicated to it (and it's populair)! It's insane to cut one of the best maps out in a new release.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2010, 10:04:54 AM »

void4 was also quite popular.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2010, 12:38:55 PM »

i can´t see problems with maps delivered even if they are just remakes or something else.
if the community doesn´t like them they only will not be played...
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »

void4 was also quite popular.
WHAT THE FRICKING HECK

Oh by the way i've already attempted to sort the 'tributes' into a pack subfolder in my svn working copy, but haven't committed the changes yet. In the folder so far:

cbctf1
ce1m7
dm4ish
dm4ishv2
dm6ish
oa_dm1
oa_dm1v2
oa_dm2
oa_dm3
oa_dm4
oa_dm5
oa_dm5v2
oa_dm6
oa_dm7
q3dm6ish
wrackdm17

Did I forget any others?

I wonder if a script to pack in the non-q3replacement textures used by these maps could help for these maps to be played by q3 players also could be done.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2010, 09:37:42 PM »

am_mckinleyish (and am_mckinleyish2) Tongue
Also delta (resembles mpq3team6)

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: