Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.8.5 Bugs  (Read 224309 times)
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #250 on: February 10, 2012, 07:39:57 AM »

3) Do you know what means that message that I sometimes find in client's console?
WARNING: Server is not allowed to set pmove_float=1

This happens when a cvar has CVAR_SYSTEMINFO in code/game/, but not in another game module (e.g. cgame). You either need to fix this in gamecode or patch CL_SystemInfoChanged() in the engine (while the first one is the correct solution).

This space is for rent.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #251 on: February 11, 2012, 03:47:13 AM »

Three different things:
1) Sago, did I understood correctly that in 088 lightvoting is fixed but disabled by default?
2) Have you read Virus' post?
3) Do you know what means that "WARNING: Server is not allowed to set pmove_float=1" message that I sometimes find in client's console?
1) yes
2) yes
3) As gray matter said it means the cgame you are using does not have a cvar named pmove_float with CVAR_SYSTEMINFO (cgame in 0.8.5 and 0.8.8 has it). This could happen then joining an unpure 0.8.5 or 0.8.8 server (that supports pmove_float) with a 0.8.1 or other client (that does not support pmove_float).

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #252 on: February 11, 2012, 04:32:20 AM »

Thank you.  Smiley The info in 1) helped me to update DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/index.php?title=Special_game_options&action=historysubmit&diff=11755&oldid=11611]here.

About 3), I have to do some more tests, now that I know that. It sounds quite strange because none of my OA installations (I have OA installed in various folders, to make tests) is at 0.8.1 level, IIRC (wait, maybe I disabled 085 pk3 in one of those installations while doings some tests with demos compatibility? I don't remember, I have to check that. But I find it unlikely: I would have noticed the 081 red menu in that case), and I don't remember to have sv_pure disabled on any of them.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:51:01 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Virus
« Reply #253 on: February 14, 2012, 08:51:12 AM »

Three things

1) Sometimes I don't see the title of the vote, hence I don't know what it is about.
I think this is only with many (16) players (and only if it is not me calling the vote).

2) Server kicking players:
Again many players. Now someone calls a shuffle vote (one case I didn't see the title, so maybe restart-vote) and the vote passes.
When the vote applies it kicks me:
Code:

[vote without title for me]
Vote passed. At least 2 of 3 voted yes
...shortly after ...
ERROR: CL_GetServerCommand: a reliable command was cycled out
Wrote challenges.cfg
forcefully unloading cgame vm
RE_Shutdown( 0 )
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok

=========================

SHUFFLE VOTE / FULL SERVER

Vote passed. At least 2 of 3 voted yes

=========================
Wrote challenges.cfg
forcefully unloading cgame vm
RE_Shutdown( 0 )
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- R_Init -----

GL_VENDOR:
GL_RENDERER:
GL_VERSION:
GL_EXTENSIONS:
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE:
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB:

PIXELFORMAT:
MODE:
GAMMA:
rendering primitives:
texturemode:
picmip:
texture bits:
multitexture:
compiled vertex arrays:
texenv add:
compressed textures:
Initializing Shaders
----- finished R_Init -----
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm...
...which has vmMagic VM_MAGIC_VER2
Loading 1550 jump table targets
VM file ui compiled to 737716 bytes of code
ui loaded in 1450816 bytes on the hunk
55 arenas parsed
1 arenas ignored to make count divisible by 4
24 bots parsed
^3WARNING: unknown blend mode 'gl_one_minus_dst_color' in shader 'menuback_blueish', substituting GL_ONE
Received signal 11, exiting... (I crashed it)
----- CL_Shutdown -----
Closing SDL audio device...
SDL audio device shut down.
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
On two cases (probably all) EVERYONE was kicked and the same map was on after that with the game restarted.

http://www.urbanterror.info/forums/topic/8272-error-cl-getservercommand-a-reliable-command-was-cycled-out/page__view__findpost__p__161410

3.) zoom:
When I use +zoom bound to a key:

run in one direction -> press zoom -> additionally/newly press (and keep holding) some other direction key

Consequence is that I can't move into the newly pressed direction at all, also if I release the zoom-key. Repressing the new direction-key gets over it without the zoom on.

Virus
« Reply #254 on: February 14, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »

One more:

On WrackDM17 I pushed an enemy, so he fell down alive and I got a frag rewarded for this.
At the same time I made the shot, I walked off the layer thus falling down myself too. The rewarded frag came first, next I hit the bottom of the level but I took no damage and survived.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2012, 12:10:15 AM »

There has always been a bug in wrackdm I think. That you just pushed someone else and got a push-frag is probably unrelated.

I don't have the same problem as #3, not that I tried but I'd surely have noticed such an issue before. I zoom and move all the time.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #256 on: February 17, 2012, 02:00:35 AM »

About 1), sometimes I noticed that thing, too.. but had no idea about the reason. You said it may be related with the total number of players in the server (happening only with many players, and when you are not the one who calls the vote)... Maybe this info may be useful for Sago to find the problem. It would be nice to test it with 0.8.alien with light voting on (DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Dmflags#Light_voting]dmflags 512) and off (dmflags 0).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  

Jump to: