Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: digichalk CRISIS!!  (Read 11021 times)
switchercide
Nub

Cakes -1

« on: March 10, 2010, 06:54:23 AM »

I am a regular digichalk player and today I noticed the server had been updated to 0.8.5.. which I dloaded and patched about two weeks ago.. Anyway I cannot change weapons now, with a 'out of ammo' warning on the top of my display. In addition to that, the hydronix level fails to load with a 'missing weapon 13' warning before it crashes my day. Another regular digichalker has the same problem and we both have our settings correct, can anyone help me out here?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:08:59 AM »

Check for a pak7-patch.pk3 in your folder. It's the most common cause of the problem.
If not, try with a clean 0.8.1+0.8.5 reinstall.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
switchercide
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 05:09:12 AM »

thanks, I checked and no such file exists in my oa folder.. so i'll go hunt it down and i'll post back again if I can't figure it out.
switchercide
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 05:35:22 AM »

oops wrong folder.. i found the file.. and I figured ill just go and delete then..
switchercide
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:39:24 AM »

crisis averted.. thanks Neon.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 06:58:36 AM »

I think I have the same problem on some ROFL servers.
People download the .pk3, and then there is some conflict for a reason I don't know.
I think servers on which problem occurs are unpure, so custom pk3s are loaded. I tried to help someone who had the problem, though he said there were no other custom pk3s in his directory.
I don't know why it happens with some people and not with others.
I also saw some people who were rejected from a server for having a different checksum for their pk3s ...
I was wondering if I should disable autodownload of the patch, and let people get it and install it manually on their right directory.
Wasn't that patch meant to be possibly auto-downloaded from servers ?

Todo: Walk the cat.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 07:11:55 AM »

Yep, and AFAIK it downloads, but the problem, I think, it's the filename of the patch. (pak6-patch085.pk3, against pak7-patch.pk3)

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
switchercide
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 10:17:23 PM »

for anyone having the same problem... delete the pak7-patch.pk3 from your base oa folder.
djbrokenrecord
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 11:53:51 PM »

i do not have that file in my base oa folder, and i have the same problem.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 10:29:43 AM »

Wasn't that patch meant to be possibly auto-downloaded from servers ?

The pak-n-.pk3 should be not allowed to be downloaded : if this happens or happened there should be something broken in the latest sources of the ioquake3 engine.

BTW the pak7-patch.pk3 should be the old OA-071 patch , but I discovered  once that on the old nemesis server they used a file with that name but with different checksum : http://rainbow.furver.se/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=10073
Biogenic
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 04:37:13 PM »

Grrr... how frustrating, back to Q3. Later chaps.
Biogenic
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 05:37:31 PM »

Goter fixed boys, had to re-install, probably didnt need to do that though, then copied and pasted the patch files into the OA folder. was that the right thing to do? well it works now. starts with a blue screen and items look diff and console commands saying : "killing spree" etc. I guess its cool.
djbrokenrecord
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »

and there is no patch for mac?
switchercide
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 10:53:23 PM »

delete the pak7-patch.pk3 from your openarena\base oa folder.. im on a windows machine so I find it in my C:\Documents and Settings\our computer\Application Data                 
(make sure you allow your pc to view hidden files-click on tools/folder options/view tab)

Now on to the next crisis...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: