Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ps3ctf  (Read 11330 times)
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« on: March 12, 2010, 02:35:32 PM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?mqzggin2t1z

the ctf bots don't work for whatever reason, the DM ones do though

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 03:55:19 PM »

that screenshot reminds me a lot of Duke3D

it's the vertical tile walls combined with blue carpet

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 05:27:17 PM »

indeed. that was just me being lazy with textures lol

Half-Nub

Cakes 10

Also known as Dots & cookies

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 07:03:17 PM »

The first thing i thought of when i saw that screenshot was The Legend Of Zelda. Anyways i like this map and hope it finds its way onto servers. Smiley
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 12:22:45 PM »

The layout is nice due your triangle theme but is a bit too flat for me. I can imagine two or three rooms above each other would be more interesting.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 12:50:10 PM »

Indeed there's not a lot of Z axis to it, height is something that I forgot existed when I made this map (haven't mapped in forever). Also, there's definitely way too much armor, except maybe if it were 5v5 or more.

PopeJo
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 02:32:09 AM »

Indeed there's not a lot of Z axis to it, height is something that I forgot existed when I made this map (haven't mapped in forever). Also, there's definitely way too much armor, except maybe if it were 5v5 or more.

seems like its a good map for 5on5. its big, flat and wide with at least 3 ways to enter enemy bases.

- what is a bit odd is all the water with nothing in it. not even tiny armor bits or 5+ health bubbles.
- what could also be used tactically is: put some valuable objects (rail, mega, ..) into one of those little squares, like they are in the bases, and fill that square with water - that way one can hear the water splashing, if someone is about to pick that item up. if only less important objects are in the (waterfilled) squares, like ammo in the bases, water splashing is not a useful information, ofc Smiley (as the map is big, and calls for some sneaking into bases, this could really make a tactical difference)

it reminds me a lot of a q3 map .. will search it and update this thread later.
EDIT: it is bulid similar to cpmctf2 . that map can be found in this mappack for example: http://fps.w00tness.info/cpm/cpm_mappak6.zip

anyway: good work Smiley
can't wait to test it in our next pcw
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 03:12:36 AM by PopeJo » Logged

PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 04:27:32 AM »

I'll do something about the water and the layout of weapons. I'll definitely be adding details and better textures, unless I get lazy. If anything it will appear the same with items and stuff moved. Putting water in the squares is a good idea. Cheesy

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 10:06:43 PM »

There was actually a packaging error: the botfile was placed in the scripts folder and the arena file was placed in maps. Here's a fixed version: http://www.onykage.com/files/armageddonman/rftvh/ps3ctf_fix.pk3

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: