Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW-TO: Linux x86 GtkRadiant 1.6 Binaries (Thicken returns!)  (Read 8552 times)
hkn
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: March 20, 2010, 06:03:39 AM »

Hello people!

Today i succesfully compiled the GtkRadiant(ZeroRadiant) 1.6 from the development branch, and works very well in my PC.
So i decided upload it for the mappers community.

Download link (FileFront.com): http://www.filefront.com/15882427/GtkRadiant-svn_x86.tar.gz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Step One: Extract the file, make sure of the folder tree created by the decompressor, you need to have the path very clear for the next step. (uncompressed is around 650Mb, bz2 FTW!)

- Step Two:
Previously, you're gonna need to make a little modification in the "Quake III Arena and mods.game" file. Located in the "~/GtkRadiant-svn_x86/games".

Like this:

For OA: change the "basegame=baseq3" to "basegame=baseoa".

- Step Three (and last, i hope): open a terminal, navigate to your gtkradiant folder and type "./radiant.bin" to execute them.
You also can make a symbolic link to your "/usr/bin" path and works perfectly.

To make it compatible with OA mapping, replace the "shaderlist.txt" or "default_shaderlist.txt" with the OA's ones (mid-skilled/advanced mappers can't have problem making it compatible with OA).
Ending, something important, and only for security reasons: DONT load any .MAP without make a copy, i guess it's perfectly safe, but is better to prevent files from corruptions.

Remember, is a development version.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 02:38:13 PM by hkn » Logged

ToDo >> / 1. New map, Greyscale / 2. Mapmodels / 3. New weapons  / 4. In-game music
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 07:04:58 AM »

Great!!! ^^

This must be added to the wiki.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
hkn
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 07:47:57 AM »

Fortunately, the development team are continued from the 1.4 branch, i never couldn't understand the "why" of many tools missing in the 1.5 (why they removed "Thicken" for god sake!?).

The texture explorer works great, and 3D navigation it's more smooth, but that's all.

It's very frustrating to be working with two separately Radiants to achieve that you can easily get with "traditional" Q3Radiant/GtkRadiant.

ToDo >> / 1. New map, Greyscale / 2. Mapmodels / 3. New weapons  / 4. In-game music
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 08:02:24 AM »

You could have removed all the .svn folders, it only stores data for the SVN repo. Since it's a kinda release there's no need for those and you would save a LOT:
Code:
rm -rf `find . -type d -name .svn`
After that command only 2528 files remain, 335MB uncompressed.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
hkn
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 08:12:26 AM »

You could have removed all the .svn folders, it only stores data for the SVN repo. Since it's a kinda release there's no need for those and you would save a LOT:
Code:
rm -rf `find . -type d -name .svn`
After that command only 2528 files remain, 335MB uncompressed.

It's already fixed, i uploaded the file again with the half size. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 02:39:35 PM by hkn » Logged

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 03:29:08 PM »

Doesn't work for me Sad
radiant can't find the project file and i don't know nothing about this project files.
also in the downloaded file aren't any shader files wich could be replaced and radiant seems to search in a 1.6.0 folder for some files/tools.
damn, that my windos machine hasn't a display big enough for radiant, because the installation process here was done in 5 minutes without any problems...
(never thought that i would say this once in my life Smiley)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: