Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena - Mod Development  (Read 6744 times)
Fragjooski
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: January 10, 2007, 06:28:45 AM »

Despite the fact that ufreeze probably does work with Open Arena, I really want to work on developing an Open Arena Freeze Mod based on the original open source release of the freeze mod for Quake 3.

This being said, I have a few questions:

1.  Should I use the ioquake3 sources or openarena sources to build the qvm's?

2.  Should I chroot to 386 (my current arch is x86_64) when building the qvm's?

3.  Has anyone successfully compiled the qvm's from the x86_64 arch?

I'd like to add a few promode options to this mod as well as a more advanced grapple similar to ufreeze and freezedt (which I have the sources and permissions from the original author).  I'll be testing a ufreeze server soon, however I'd really like to make a pro mod with freeze as well as vanilla baseq3 options.  This would include:

*Clan Arena
*CTF
*Freeze
*Instagib
*Unlagged

as well as any other suggestions that I get for this mod.

I already have a lot of the code I'll be utilizing from previous q3 development experience, however if you could steer me in the right direction for openarena support, I'd be more than grateful.

Also, if anyone would like to contribute their expertise to the development of this mod, your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,

Kevin

===========

Rather than double posting, I thought I'd just modify this one:

I'm having some serious problems with q3asm.  Is it even possible to compile 1.32b compatible qvm's with the x86_64 arch?  I've searched and researched and came up fruitless.  While, I could probably build them just as easily on my other pc (or install Windows *puke* and run the batch files), I'd really like to build everything from this PC.  I must've been smoking something when I though chroot 386 might help me out.  Argh...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 08:09:11 AM by Fragjooski » Logged
Ferk
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 08:07:48 AM »

is your mod planed to be released under the GPL?
Maybe its objetives are similar to those of the "OA enchanced mod" which I'm drooling for Tongue

sorry for my english
Fragjooski
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 08:16:46 AM »

Yes, it will be released as a GPL mod.  I need to get permission from a few people to utilize some existing code, but they're pretty good about that stuff as long as you give them credit for their work.  Personally, I'd like to make a mod similar to CPMA and OSP with a few personal touches.  In the meantime, I'm going to see if ufreeze works by default...  I do have a GPL freeze server up and running right now.   It's not really Detroit-based (I am), but it's on a pretty good dedicated line, and listed on the master server list under DEA #1.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: