Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Server Problem. Server not in Master Server List.  (Read 5933 times)
Perle
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: April 08, 2010, 01:06:06 PM »

This is not a bug report. It is a little question.

Is something changed in the oa 0.8.5 code that could do something like this?

I have updated my q3rally servers to oa0.8.5! Since then i don´t find any server in the server browser of my mod. I can direct connect them. So the servers run right. They also don´t appear on the openarena master server.
In oa itselfs it works. Did you guys changed something that i also have to change in my mod?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:32:55 PM by Perle » Logged
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 01:37:49 PM »

To my knowledge nothing was changed (except that com_dedicated must be 2 now). If anyone can point to the reason for these mod problems, please do. I might try to get a mod server up in the weekend to test it out myself.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Perle
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 05:47:14 PM »

We got it. I started my server without +set dedicatet 2.
Now when i do start with +set dedicated 2 it works well. My servers are back in the list.
Biogenic
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:43:25 PM »

I think this is very off topic, but I cant connect to any servers in my server list for openarena or q3...I switched to a new internet provider, and it seems to have messed something up....anybody know how I can fix this? thanks.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 04:15:56 AM »

What exactly happens so you can say "it can't connect" ?

Do you have the server list inside the game ? (if no, check if "Internet" is selected in the network type of game)
Do you have some Awaiting Gamestate message which remains eternally ? Does it produce some other error message ?

Can you try to connect to a server using /connect its_ip ? [ See dpmaster ]

Did your router change since you changed your ISP ? Reminds me of this issue

Todo: Walk the cat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: