Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Master servers  (Read 32349 times)
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 07:29:20 AM »

oa_ded.exe.

Ded means dedicated in this example. Wink

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
neimad
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 07:47:26 AM »

oa_ded.exe.

Ded means dedicated in this example. Wink

yup i kinda gathered that Cheesy
but i think i may be using the wrong file to start the server ?

xp_dedicated.bat
not
oa_ded.exe

I feel i went wrong at the very start Tongue
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 08:31:21 AM »

In fact, I don't know where did you get that xp_dedicated.bat (ExcessivePlus, maybe?!) because I can't find it in my OpenArena folders.

But the .bat is a text format, so checking it's content via Notepad or any text editor is possible. Using .bat-files isn't a problem... if they've set up correctly.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
neimad
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 09:04:46 AM »

this is whats inside
start openarena.exe +set fs_game excessiveplus +set vm_game 0 +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg

im guessing the openarena.exe part is wrong ?

ive also tryed -

start openarena.exe +set fs_game excessiveplus +set dedicated 2 +set vm_game 0 +set net_port 27960 +exec server.cfg

start oa_ded.exe +set fs_game excessiveplus +set dedicated 2 +set vm_game 0 +set net_port 27960 +exec server.cfg

all same results, not showing in any browser. ingame or qtracker server browser etc, but my friends can connect via myip:27960 Sad
only real difference between them is, the 1st and second open up in a gametype console, and the 3rd opens in a dos style console.
am i even using the correct file to start and excessive server ?

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 02:13:15 PM »

I've never used +set vm_game 0 in the startup command, not sure what it does but I think you can leave it out.

The third should be right, you can see your server in local then (start oa > multiplayer > local). Most people have the server like this, else when they quit or restart OA the server goes down with the client.

edit: maybe try leaving  +set fs_game exessiveplus out, it should work with that in the startup command but who knows it changes something.

But Have You Finally Tried What I Said 2 Times Before?
Put msn and everything off, that fixed it once for me but it doesn't always work. If you have one, try another router.
Try adding &server=IP:PORT to the dpmaster url and see if that displays. If people can connect this probably will work too.
Have you tried things like putting msn and all off, or boot in safe mode with networking?
Im still very open to suggestions Cheesy
but I didn't read anything about what my suggestions resulted in
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 02:48:54 PM »

I know you can use openarena.exe to host a non-dedicated server but why would you use it for a dedicated server when there are 3 other more efficient executables designed specifically for that task?
In Windows it doesn't really matter if you use openarena or oa_ded. The main reason for dedicated binaries is that Linux machines without a graphical userinterface cannot launch the openarena binary because it binds the graphic libaries. On Windoes until Windows server 2008 the graphical interface was always available.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 04:41:10 PM »

I've never used +set vm_game 0 in the startup command, not sure what it does but I think you can leave it out.

+set vm_game 0 instructs the server to load the game logic as a dynamic library/shared object if available in the homepath ( cgame<arch>.so for *nix , cgame<arch>.dll for windows ) . The default is 2 meaning the server to load the game logic as a qvm ( vm/cgame.qvm )

In the same way + set vm_cgame 0 + set vm_ui 0 instruct the server to load the client game and ui section as a dynamic library/shared object.

But as I know this mechanism works only when sv_pure is 0 ; if sv_pure is 1 vm_game , vm_cgame and vm_ui are always 2 and the whole VM is loaded as a qvm.
HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 07:55:26 PM »

same name ingame ? my gf Lena says she played against you Cheesy
Yeah, I remember her, but we're off topic...
neimad
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »

@RMF

ok sorry for not replying to your questions, i did try turning off all other programs totally,then trying again, and no change.
I tryed  http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena&server=MYIP:27960 . it shows the server. Cheesy
only still not showing in server browsers Sad

And ty to all ppl trying to help it is MUCH appreciated !
although driving me crazy at the same time Cheesy

EDIT-

does this help ?

ServerTime: 20100409234234 23:42:34 (09 Apr 2010)
TeamName: 1 ^1RED
TeamName: 2 ^4BLUE
Warmup:
weapon_nailgun doesn't have a spawn function
ammo_nails doesn't have a spawn function
ammo_nails doesn't have a spawn function
broadcast: print "^3Excessive Plus^7: ^1-=^3*^4Entropy^3*^1=- ^sloaded!\n"
0 teams with 0 entities
31 items registered
-----------------------------------
------- BotLib Initialization -------
loaded weapons.c
loaded items.c
loaded syn.c
loaded rnd.c
loaded match.c
loaded rchat.c
------------ Map Loading ------------
trying to load maps/am_galmevish.aas
loaded maps/am_galmevish.aas
item_armor_shard in solid at (-640.0 192.0 0.0)
item_armor_shard in solid at (-640.0 -192.0 0.0)
item_armor_shard in solid at (640.0 192.0 0.0)
item_armor_shard in solid at (640.0 -192.0 0.0)
found 31 level items
-------------------------------------
34 bots parsed
71 arenas parsed
AAS initialized.
-----------------------------------
Resolving master.qtracker.com (IPv4)
master.qtracker.com resolved to 63.144.111.10:27950
Sending heartbeat to master.qtracker.com
Resolving dpmaster.deathmask.net (IPv4)
dpmaster.deathmask.net resolved to 64.22.107.125:27950
Sending heartbeat to dpmaster.deathmask.net
Resolving master0.excessiveplus.net (IPv4)
master0.excessiveplus.net resolved to 89.149.194.215:27950
Sending heartbeat to master0.excessiveplus.net
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 06:11:57 PM by neimad » Logged
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 06:55:33 PM »

Hmm if that all doesn't work I have no idea. You could try copying all oa folders and running it somewhere else to see if it is the config or something else. With 'running somewhere else' i mean behind another IP and pc and such, try where some friends house.
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 09:52:31 PM »

Neimad,

I never used the included XP batch files to setup my Q3 or OA servers so I until this Thread I was not aware that xp_dedicated.bat in the OA E+ 2.0a has openarena.exe instead of oa_ded.exe.  It will be corrected in the next version which should be out by early Summer.

Falkland's point is valid for baseoa but please leave +set vm_game 0 in your batch file.

Hmm if that all doesn't work I have no idea. You could try copying all oa folders and running it somewhere else to see if it is the config or something else. With 'running somewhere else' i mean behind another IP and pc and such, try where some friends house.

Neimad, if you would like to try this suggestion send me your config files (server.cfg, q3config_server.cfg, rotation.txt and Entropy.cfg).  E-Mail them to me, I don't think posting them is appropriate.

Calm is for LOSERS!  ANGER fuels my game and btw you're NEXT!
rabusmar
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 11:11:27 PM »

If the server is up and your friends can connect to it then that means that the server is running fine and your problem doesn't have anything to do with quake, so your server is being blocked by your firewall or router or something else.

About vm_game, it should be 0 on excessiveplus v2 because it uses server binaries instead of qvm. It doesn't have any problems with pure because it is only the server module, the cgame and ui modules are still qvm based and inside a pk3.
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 11:29:22 PM »

Neimad,

Rabusmar is WaspBeast (Lead Developer of E+ 2.0a) and where he wrote "Quake" substitute OpenArena.

Calm is for LOSERS!  ANGER fuels my game and btw you're NEXT!
neimad
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2010, 05:17:55 AM »

/salute Rabusmar Cheesy

Waspkiller, ill send u my cfgs in an email. i think this would pretty much answer 1 question, whether its the cfgs start up files or a firewall of some sort. although i did disable it with no change in result.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: