Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New mapp !!!! xD  (Read 6902 times)
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« on: April 06, 2010, 08:06:52 AM »

I know, its not really a big event but I wanted to do something about my new map...

where do I begin?
I have finished a new map, this a dm, with boring aggressor's texture, and... look at pictures... Smiley

The Link: http://elite-of-oa.clan.su/load/mxdm2/1-1-0-24

I hope that your critic will help me to the next version, or just say thats the map is a mistake and that it dosnt need a new version Smiley (dont critic too much plz!!)
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:20:39 AM »

Gave it a shot.

The layout is interesting... I felt like in a maze. Unfortunately, there aren't many navigating points on your map... every wall is the same (for some people, the same too-dark).

If you'd made navigating easier (and maybe brighter) the map could be a nice one.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 10:09:10 AM »

when you are saying "navigating point", "felt like in a maze", "every walls is the same",....
how do you want it to be more navigating?
about the bright, I play to Open Arena with /r.gamma 1.5, I ahve forgotten to write /r_gamma 1 before to test  this version I guess....

btw, I know, thats me who made the map, but I have never lost myself in my map.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 11:26:17 AM »

I can see the windows, I can jump upon them... but even if I play over an hour on that map, I couldn't learn the layout.

From distance, almost every room looks the same. But if you put some variation to the floor/walls, then it would be easier to learn the map. For example, like in the main room, you putted a sand-like texture in the middle. Mixing the textures for the rooms could be a good idea. (Maybe not the best example, but the Forgotten Base has an extreme variation between the rooms)

Oh, and I tried out with gamma 1, and yes... it's really a bit too dark. Even for me, who hates and never uses brightskins.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Moixie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 11:47:56 AM »

ok, I will try to put some variations between each rooms ^^

But in my eyes the map is simple. punched
try to imagine a batiment, everywhere where there is a bit of sand, this is the garden, try to know each teleporters ( there are 8 punched), the room where there is the megahealth, the rail, and the "garden" where the red armor is, then drew some circles, some square, ... in your head with some rooms that you can attach them and to drew you square in...

Im sure that on 5 minutes you can know all the map.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: