Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New sub forum  (Read 14008 times)
c02
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: August 01, 2010, 05:55:07 PM »

I'm actually surprised there isn't a clan recruitment section on the board.
It would be an easier way for people to know which clans are recruiting and which aren't.   (instead of people asking and talking about it in game).

Just a thought ...
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 08:56:25 PM »

im not a clansman myself but i agree that is an excellent idea Smiley

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 01:10:29 AM »

Maybe rename "the elitist club".

Todo: Walk the cat.
HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 06:23:36 AM »

Maybe rename "the elitist club".
No, the name is just fine  Grin
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 07:14:05 AM »

cept it has ZERO posts Wink

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 04:33:26 PM »

guess that's why it's "fine" Tongue

@TS, guess it's a good idea. It exists already, but newbs won't know where. From the other side though: do we want all those newbs in our clans, or all trying to get in?
c02
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 07:29:23 PM »

guess that's why it's "fine" Tongue

@TS, guess it's a good idea. It exists already, but newbs won't know where. From the other side though: do we want all those newbs in our clans, or all trying to get in?

Clans can always state their requirements for consideration.  At the very least ... clan leaders can keep an eye out for player asking to join in game and decide if they're the type of player they're looking for.

I'm not much of a clan person either ... as I simply don't have the time to be able to schedule clan matches and what not.   I just thought it would be a good idea to start a "Clan Recruitment" sub forum for those who wish to take advantage of it.

Too bad there wasn't an american casual clan for adults.    I don't think Old Farts plays OA anymore ?
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 04:54:41 AM »

Clans can always state their requirements for consideration.
hm "iam <insert random newb> and want to join a cool clan. I read and accept your rules can i join?Huh??". No matter what rules you write he will just claim he accepted, also if you use requirements like 'minimum playing time xyears' some players will always ask. It's easier to say no then, but if you set high limits you'll scare off other players you actually would like to join (we've had that more than once).
c02
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 06:46:34 PM »

Clans can always state their requirements for consideration.
hm "iam <insert random newb> and want to join a cool clan. I read and accept your rules can i join?Huh??". No matter what rules you write he will just claim he accepted, also if you use requirements like 'minimum playing time xyears' some players will always ask. It's easier to say no then, but if you set high limits you'll scare off other players you actually would like to join (we've had that more than once).

I was thinking more on the lines of clans asking for in game demos or ranking screen shots.   Not sure if years is really an effective requirement as some players might have only played for several months but can be pretty good.

No harm in telling someone that they'll have to get better before they can join.  Some clans might even set them up as "recruits" ... teaching them how to get better until they are ready to join and can defend the clans flag with honor.

Anywhoo ... like I said ... just a thought.
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 05:24:49 AM »

Clans are lame... Grin

"The elitist club" though as mentioned would likly be the best place to get things like that going.

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 08:49:23 AM »

well im not all that interested in clans. but i would be interested in more of a club/informal clan. so that i could keep closer tabs on when ppl i know are playing and stuff

c02
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 03:45:43 PM »

well im not all that interested in clans. but i would be interested in more of a club/informal clan. so that i could keep closer tabs on when ppl i know are playing and stuff

I'm currently thinking of creating just the thing ....  Open Arena Mercenaries.   A site for those who would like to find friends/allies and schedule games with each other.  But without having to dedicate time for clan matches and what not.
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »

I'm currently thinking of creating just the thing ....  Open Arena Mercenaries.   A site for those who would like to find friends/allies and schedule games with each other.  But without having to dedicate time for clan matches and what not.

Hey sounds like a great idea.

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 06:18:48 AM »

I've been playing with an idea like that as well, but kinda don't have the time for it next to developing an own game, work, some other stuff I like to program, openarena (+clanstuff) and the rest of real life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: