Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny & Weird Screen Shots  (Read 55882 times)
Bane

Cakes 5

« on: May 02, 2010, 06:52:09 AM »

I thought since some game forums I have been a part of in the past have had a funny, and weird game screen shots thread I would start one here for fun. Anyway as you can see I am elite with my rocket kills lol.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 01:17:23 AM »

Excuse me, what are "Grapple kills" (grappling hook can kill?) and "Crush kills"?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 06:36:45 AM »

Well grapple kills are kills with the grappling hook. I believe in quake 1 there was a grappling hook which allowed the user to grapple on to things and pull themselves up or you can use it to kill your enemies. As of right now the grappling hook is not on any map I know of but I think it maybe include in the next version. As for the crush kills they happen when you manage to push the enemy into a door or platform that closes very quickly crushing them.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 09:42:20 AM »

Excuse me, what are "Grapple kills" (grappling hook can kill?) and "Crush kills"?
i believe "Grapple kills" are extremely rare. The grapple hook is not in any maps, virtually impossible to hit anyone with and it only deals 2 damage if it does... but that makes it so much cooler if it happens and therefore it is on the stat page.

"Crush kills" are if you trigger a mover that crushes someone. Quake 3 had one in the final level and there is a copy of that map in the forum somewhere. I don't know how Bane got the crush kill though because I don't know any maps currently played that has movers that does not move back if they are hit something. It only counts with g_awardpushing because like push kills it was not originally awarded. Unlike push kills they are very reliable. 

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »

Is there a way to try the grapple? I've set \g_offhandgrapple 1, started \devmap XXXXXX and then \give all, but I still don't have it...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 10:31:29 AM »

There is elimination_grapple. Neon_knight also used it in a map (http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=2311.0 , the version I played at least).

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 11:22:56 AM »

I've placed it in an older, archived version. You can obtain it via SVN, although I'm not sure if there will be missing textures on that one.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 12:15:23 PM »

via SVN,
What's SVN? An OA server with autodownload enabled? Don't you have the map ready to download in its latest release somewhere?

... Or you mean that the updated version does NOT have the grapple, and I should download an older version somewhere?

This version should have grapple or not?

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 01:57:48 PM »

there is a hook in pillcity iirc
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 02:18:14 PM »

I tried the linked map (mckinleyish), and it seems to have not hook.
Instead, I tried it in Elimination mode and it works.

Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 02:28:08 PM »

Well sago if I remember right I believe I got that crush kill on oa_dm1 when my opponent was going for the quad and then I fired down the hallway and he backed up real quick and the door crushed him.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 04:42:47 PM »

via SVN,
What's SVN? An OA server with autodownload enabled? Don't you have the map ready to download in its latest release somewhere?

... Or you mean that the updated version does NOT have the grapple, and I should download an older version somewhere?

This version should have grapple or not?
McKinleyish2 doesn't have the Grapple, (the old McKinleyish had one in its earlier versions, even the player spawned with it) although it can be a good idea to place it in there. There will be people complaining about the grapple being in a CTF game, but they aren't happy with nothing, anyway, so I'll be taking the route back in the next version.

BTW, I thought you would have done the research regarding to the SVN. Tongue

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 01:39:37 AM »

BTW, I thought you would have done the research regarding to the SVN. Tongue
I'm sorry, I don't understand what should I search on that site ("Open Source Software Engineering Tools")... searching for "McKinleyish" doesn't return anything...

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 02:28:23 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Subversion
http://openarena.ws/svn/

Wink

Todo: Walk the cat.
PopeJo
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 07:58:38 AM »

oh my, this is so offtopic again .. well, back to the title: "Funny & Weird Screen Shots"

I played some defrag with jack_thompsons hitbox models. they are amongs the best-looking playermodel skins in oa - problem is, their character is not fine crafted and lacks detail. The facial aspects are also underveveloped and look a bit square.
on the other hand, they are more naked than angelyss and less buggy at the same time: wohooo.

here you go:

you can get them here

Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 03:42:17 PM »

I call this one every dog has his day. Anyway before you ask I was alone thought out this whole thing and the cap limit on this server was 6.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:58:10 PM by Bane » Logged
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 02:52:06 PM »

lol I had a look at the stats too.. ye i do like the railgun o:)
TwEeK!
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 10:19:16 AM »

So I was running for my life in czest1dm this morning, and thought maybe I'd could get lucky, grab the Quad and do something heroic. This picture pretty much sums up what happened.... :-)

-- TwEeK! (a.k.a. LaSantaMuerte, LaVidaChoco! (DO THE ENGLISH!!! YOU #@%$S!), and pretty much any other nick sportin' my signature RGB(CMY){W}-style color scheme) 8>O

P.S. While I'm here, making my momentous first post, I'd like to give a shout out and props to everybody I've ever played in OpenArena (yes, even you, ChocolateStarfish!) - you've all been fun to hang with, great sports, and tolerated my habit of never shutting up (bad habit I think I picked up from '.' LOL!). And and big thanks and appreciation to L and the rest of the developers, and those who have helped bring this game to where it's at - I know projects like this sometimes leave ya feeling underappreciated at times. The core of this OA community reminds me quite a bit of my friends from my "legendary" (hey, not MY word, I SWEAR) days as one of the more famous/infamous Interstate '76 crowd (Ax-L, for any who are curious). Most of the players around here have a decent sense of gamesmanship and try to help everyone enjoy this game as much as they themselves do. I sense and hope that I'll be able to eventually lend a hand a leave my mark here on this project, as I did back then, when all I needed was a lil' black ABX Leprechaun, a MondoBurger, a few fellow freelance auto-vigilantes, a buggy/undocumented map editor and a handful of Team INTercept members to beat up on.... :-)

[Damn, I hope the "Attach" function below is how I'm supposed to submit this screenshot, 'cause it ain't showing up in the preview right now. Oh well, typical TwEeK! move if I've done something stoopid. You wouldn't believe how long it took me to realize that I had to log in to see pictures and such here - I thought you all were just puttin' one over on me, or that I needed some special Avatar glasses or something for the longest time. And thus ends my stint of only being a lurker around here....]
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 04:36:36 AM »

BUMP for more FUNNY  and  WEIRD screenshots and less chit chat! :p

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 03:30:10 PM »

Devilsh quad  Smiley
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 05:36:32 PM »

Devilsh quad  Smiley

Very nice  Evil

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Marble of Doom
Bigger member

Cakes 4

Caketastic

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 06:32:15 PM »

Ahhh, not enough vram!

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 09:02:28 PM »

I wonder how people even reach these low 1fps framerates in 2010!?!?? My low-end machines can't even DO THAT!

This is what happens when the PowerVR KYRO2 runs out of VRAM

OA on a PowerVR PCX2 - a cheap card from 1997 and despite the major polygon bind screwups, the framerates are stable over 20fps. AND I WONDER HOW PLAYERS IN 2010 GO BELOW THAT FRAMERATE

come on, even a trident blade3d, voodoo graphics equivelant in perfomrance, can score more than that

try compressed textures

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
PopeJo
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 11:42:43 PM »

I wonder how people even reach these low 1fps framerates in 2010!?!?? My low-end machines can't even DO THAT!

well, play oasago2 ...

on my old machine:

Lenovo Laptop
os[Linux 2.6.24-23-generic i686]
distro[ubuntu/hardy]
cpu[1 x Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 430 @ 1.73GHz (GenuineIntel) @ 1.73GHz]
RAM[Physical: 1.5GB]
video[Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller]

I always had horrible drops:

125fps facing a wall

57fps facing a flag

26fps facing mid

16fps facing mid + playermodels and some shooting action

thank god I got a new machine by now Smiley

Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 11:52:01 PM »

I know how to take a screenshot (/screenshot) but where are they saved too on vista? cuz there aint no applicationdata folder that i can find. and they are not in the baseoa folder. I know this isnt really the place to post this question but I had some pic I wanted to put up.  Grin

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: