Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Demo player  (Read 18580 times)
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« on: May 04, 2010, 10:28:11 AM »

A program that plays demos instead of having to run OA to play them. The program would able to run the demo from previous versions of OA as well. It would be very useful.

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 07:42:55 AM »

And should have the same features than q3mme (and more) Tongue
When you read demos from Defrag mod I think it no longer pays attention to the protocol number ...

Todo: Walk the cat.
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 12:06:22 PM »

A program that plays demos instead of having to run OA to play them. The program would able to run the demo from previous versions of OA as well. It would be very useful.

Yes, it WOULD be very useful... perhaps a program where you can stop, pause, play and select the time you want like youtube-videos...yeah that would be nice  Sad
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 12:16:31 PM »

If creating a separate executable is difficult, maybe it could even be a mod...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 01:15:38 PM »

We could use openarena itself. It could make a separate q3config for some binds and windowed mode, and put in a modfolder. Then the program starts with +fs_game for loading that config and sends keystrokes for controlling (timescale was a command for demospeed iirc). For rewinding you could relaunch the demo and fastforward till ure a bit back from where you reset it (read: the program does that). And a demo manager ofcourse.
It's quite a nasty solution, but does give some basic functionality to the demos at least.
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 10:00:32 AM »

Soooo.....?

Nobody can do what RMF says?
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 08:55:12 PM »

Just rename the demos files extensions, I don't think there is any protocol number verification (but the format may change, but that's very unlikely since I could read all the demos with q3mme).

com_cameraMode

And use q3mme, that's the best available solution yet.

And you can maybe take a look at Seismovision, maybe you will find some interesting things to do an opensource remake.

But for me, the bothering is not worth the job. Making an independant demo player is not as easy as it sounds.
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 10:50:53 AM »

Thank you a lot, GrosBedo!
With this help I got it: http://oa-cl.ucoz.org/forum/66-329-1

But what do mean with com_cameraMode? I thought I can switch between player perspectives with this cmd but it doesn't work. I tried to set it 1,2,3...and nothing changed on an official multiview demo. Huh  I see only just one perspective.
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 11:54:45 AM »

Sorry Adriano, I assumed most of you had seen my post on OACL forum, thank's for posting the link.

I updated it with some guidelines to play MVD demos with Q3MME, please check out the post again.

About com_cameraMode :

Quote from: GrosBedo
Another thing : you can use /set com_cameraMode 1 in vanilla OA to activate the camera mode, which avoid quitting the game when you press a key, so you can bind some actions to your keys to help you in demo making (Q3MME activates this mode by default, as well as ExcessivePlus).
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 03:57:59 AM »

Thx, now I know how to switch between players.
One ask: Do you know how to  remove that bobbing? I tried cg_bobroll 0, cg_bobpitch 0 and even cg_bobup 0.

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 04:10:57 AM »

You need to set cg_runpitch and cg_runroll to zero also.

I'm on the ten most wanted list, I've got it dead in the groove.
My face is on every wanted poster in town, for the way I move.
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 07:32:44 AM »

You need to set cg_runpitch and cg_runroll to zero also.
Tried, but there are still some little bobbing sometimes. (e.g. when you go up the stairs) Huh
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 11:50:46 AM by adriano » Logged

Cakes 7

Is 7 up?

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 08:18:40 AM »

Just a wild guess: you've got g_synchronousClients set to 1? That makes you bob when you climb stairs also.

I'm on the ten most wanted list, I've got it dead in the groove.
My face is on every wanted poster in town, for the way I move.
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 12:08:59 PM »

I found it out. It was fx_Vibrate. Must be set 0.
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 03:09:15 PM »

I found it out. It was fx_Vibrate. Must be set 0.

Nice finding, I will write it out in the tutorial.
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 03:56:22 PM »

You are doing a tutorial, too? Cool. Can I have the link if it is public?

I started my little tutorial yesterday (one day later when I heard for first time about qmme =), here the link: http://clansos.sosforum.net/links-downloads-f8/demo-player-q3mme-t307.htm (in Italian speach =)
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 04:37:03 AM »

You are doing a tutorial, too? Cool. Can I have the link if it is public?

Ah uh no lol I talk about the article on oacl you've posted the link before. About how to use Q3MME, there are plenty of tutorials by the official crew :

http://q3mme.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=tutorials

I used them to make :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lw5igyWG6c&fmt=18
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: