Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Demo reviews  (Read 8318 times)
Bane

Cakes 5

« on: August 04, 2011, 06:22:58 AM »

Hey guys I was wondering if someone could review 2 demos for me and let me know if something “funny” is going on with the Unnamedplayer in them. If you are interested just leave me your e-mail address and I can send them to you. Please note that one of them gives me some weird error called CG registration visual itemnum 238 out of range [0-60]
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 07:00:09 AM »

Feel free to send it to me.

The cg_blablaItem error is probably due to a mismatch between the QVM version you're running and the one used in the demo.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 03:11:42 PM »

Sent them to you  Smiley
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 08:04:34 AM »

Have only checked the first one atm, like 15-20 frags.
From what I've seen, unnamed is a good player playing with a bit high latency (100ms on digichalk can mean: european player with quite good connection). Moves are like he's experienced, that's obviously not cheating, if that was your worry Wink
If you have a more precise thing I should pay attention to, you can tell Wink

Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 03:45:09 PM »

Oh no I figured he was experienced with the moves it was just I had a gut feeling ( now proven wrong) and a lot of people leave or go spec on him and said he was using something. Also i saw some videos on youtube awhile back about some quake pros getting caught cheating. Anyway thanks for looking over the demo and responding  Smiley
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 06:11:46 PM »

Sometimes I wish Q3/OA had a multiview demo /replay system similar to Team Fortress 2. It'd come handy in situations such as these, and make cheater debunking easier for the admins.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 04:05:26 AM »

To a certain point, I don't care about the nuances. If s/he looks good enough, I'll just admit s/he doesn't cheat. No point in cheating when your standard skill overcomes the typical player one.
Cheat hunting is not a passion I have so I leave it (and its features) to competitors Wink (...unless these features can be used for other purposes, like video making)

Biox1dE
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

I have my own personality

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 07:34:15 AM »

yes, MultiViewDemos are excellent for video makeing, btw, ive posted oamme-v3 in the movie maker thread, reduced ALL THE WAY to 37mb, works out of the box

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: