Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: CG_REGISTERITEMVISUALS: ITEMNUM XX OUT OF RANGE [0-60]  (Read 47946 times)
heap
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 10:11:15 AM »

Why is it so important that it is a serverside only mod?
Well it would be nice to have no or less downloads. And if i set up servers with full excessive plus mod people dislike it. I think its because of downloads and other look of the gameclient. because excessive plus has very different look (i.e the HUD)
Why is it so important that the clients does not have the cgame from Excessive plus?
Well i just tried to just add the cgame to a pk3 and provide it via download, but the cgame.qvm tries to load the new HUD and other stuff which then breaks the original HUD. So i would have to provide the new HUD with the download, what i try to avoid.

I would have no need for a mod like xp if OA was more configurable as it is by now.

For the moment I see no other chance as to stick with 0.8.1 version which leads to less people having the chance to profit from the features 0.8.5 introduced :-/
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 08:06:17 AM »

I fixed my problem with my server not appearing in the masterlist yesterday. I got a new router+modem since a few months now, and wanted to retry. After setting sv_master1 to dpmaster's IP:27950 it appears in the list.
Now I'm getting the itemnumrange-error. I set temporary servers up on my desktop-computer before, just for when someone wanted to 1v1 or something, and that worked fine. But on my server it errors when I try to join a team or spectate a bot (I can spectate normally when not following), I've tried the following:
- sv_pure 0 and 1
- cl_allowdownload 1 on the client
- sv_allowdownload 1
- set a custom fs_game
- I copied the /openarena-0.8.1/baseoa directory from my computer over to my server
- I copied /openarena-0.8.1/oa_ded.exe from my computer to my server (the filesize was different *surprised*)
- I deleted the config and started from scratch again

The only thing working so far, is running the 085 client but removing pak6-patch085.pk3 from /openarena-0.8.5/baseoa. OA looks as 081 then (no blueish background), and joining the server works as a charm.
Also running any normal 081 client works on the server.

The fix I mentioned earlier (which was for another server, running on linux and managed by someone else) doesn't work this time:
iirc same as what happens to players who join with the 085 patch on our server. Spectating is possible but if you join you get this error. It doesn't happen if you downloaded the patch here instead of autodownload. Server runs 081 with oanage mod, but we had the same prob without mod.

Two symptoms I noticed when joining the 081 server with 085 client (which breaks when you join or follow someone (only tested with following bots though)) were that when you pressed tab it would say 'ready' next to your name as spectator - while the game hadn't ended. Also when joining the first sound you heard was a click of an empty weapon (or that's what I think it was).

I'm thinking of switching my server to 085, but that's only a last resort.
Anyone got an idea what to do about it? I hardly make a servername like this: "DEL 085 PATCH B4 JOINING - [servername]"...
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2011, 09:49:37 AM »

1) I think the problem is not related to binaries
2) ... still reluctant to update, hm, okay. Then use sv_pure 1, otherwise EVERY 085 player will have troubles with joining.

Todo: Walk the cat.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2011, 09:13:23 AM »

2) ... still reluctant to update
Honestly, what did 085 fix serverside?

1) I think the problem is not related to binaries
Yeah it's something in the 085 pak file, without that the 085 binaries worked fine. But what can I do about it, hmmm
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2011, 04:22:52 PM »

Okay, don't ask me how, but when I connected to my server tonight, the problem wasn't there anymore. I didn't change anything, and even after a server restart it works fine. I'm clueless why it suddenly worked or what the problem was, but about 6 players were able to connect and play without trouble (from which 2 confirmed 085, most others probably also (auto)downloaded the patch).
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: