Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about voice chat feature  (Read 5004 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« on: May 22, 2010, 10:17:24 AM »

Hi everybody.
I created a DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Voice_chat]page about Voice chat feature on the Wiki site, using infos found around and some tries.
But there are some things I don't understand well.
- First, is how it works "teamonly" function. I thought it was something similar to "/say_team", you talk and only your teammates can hear you. But I'd like a confirmation (I don't want to have misunderstood).
- Second, is "\cl_voip" only client-side or also server-side? I mean, ff a server has it disabled, clients can still use voice chat or not? Is there another cvar, specific for server-side? Is it necessary to quit and launch OpenArena again to make the change effective (as it seems to me), or there is another way?  Is there a faster way to enable and disable voip, to save precious bandwidth?
- Third, I found other cvars related to voip function, but I don't know about their usage. Could someone explain them in that page? Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 11:17:53 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 03:32:45 AM »

This should help:
http://svn.icculus.org/quake3/trunk/voip-readme.txt?revision=1640&view=markup

Todo: Walk the cat.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 04:19:12 AM »

The only documentation is the one found at ioquake3.

The cvars provided are not that useful. They expect user-friendliness to be provided by others. OpenArena provides only one such help function (the teamonly one).

- First, is how it works "teamonly" function. I thought it was something similar to "/say_team", you talk and only your teammates can hear you. But I'd like a confirmation (I don't want to have misunderstood).
This is an OpenArena extension and it only works in 0.8.5. In team games it will allow only teammates to hear you. It will be changed to talk to everyone if you join a 0.8.1 or modded server.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 06:32:27 AM »

Thank you a lot, guys. I beginned updating the page with these infos.
Someone can confirm that the simple ioquake3 integration with "mumble" works also with OpenArena?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: