Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Old red design after leaving an multiplayer arena  (Read 7218 times)
k4tja
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: May 23, 2010, 03:51:40 PM »

Hi there Smiley

After leaving an multiplayer arena (usual way after startup: multiplayer → *server selection* → *playing* → esc → leave arena), i see the screen as attached instead of this nice new one. It seems like it happens not in single player mode and not in self hosted multiplayer games but only when leaving an arena hosted somewhere else.

After closing and restarting OpenArena it’s all fine again.

Code:
$ uname -rm
2.6.33-ARCH x86_64

$ openarena -v
ioq3+oa 1.35 client (May  4 2010)
OpenArena main screen shows “OAX” in the lower right corner.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 04:35:59 PM »

Hi, welcome Wink

The very likely reason for this is: when you join an internet server, some (most, unfortunately) have mods.
There is no way to solve the problem because this isn't really a problem: you can go into the mods section of the menu and run again standard OA (baseoa), it should bring back the blue menu.
It will also list installed mods, and if you try them you'll see which one is responsible for the red menu comeback.

note: you can see which mod a server is running by check the gametype column of the ingame browser.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Haverford
Nub

Cakes 1

make it work...

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »

Yes, that happens after playing on and then leaving any server that isn't running 0.8.5. Re-loading the OpenArena mod under Mods will solve it.

It's a tad annoying that you have to do this to avoid being booted from pure servers because you have "invalid pk3 files" (read: the 0.8.5 patch)

If you do something right...no one has to know you did anything at all.

</atrophy>
k4tja
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 05:28:07 PM »

There is no way to solve the problem because this isn't really a problem: you can go into the mods section of the menu and run again standard OA (baseoa), it should bring back the blue menu.
What about the new statistics feature? Are the kills, frags, etc. are counted, when the mod is not loaded and is the menu only not accesible, or do i need to (re-)load the mod every time i leave an arena to get the statistics be written?
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 05:53:20 PM »

What about the new statistics feature? Are the kills, frags, etc. are counted, when the mod is not loaded and is the menu only not accesible, or do i need to (re-)load the mod every time i leave an arena to get the statistics be written?
First case, stats are only counted if you play with the right mod (openarena) so when you join a server which uses another mod's QVM (like 0.8.1 servers, or mods like CPMA, Defrag...) they don't count anymore.
Fortunately rare are the servers who run mods which change the QVM, the actual problem is older 0.8.1 server which haven't stats.

Todo: Walk the cat.
k4tja
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 02:11:54 PM »

First case, stats are only counted if you play with the right mod (openarena) so when you join a server which uses another mod's QVM (like 0.8.1 servers, or mods like CPMA, Defrag...) they don't count anymore.
Fortunately rare are the servers who run mods which change the QVM, the actual problem is older 0.8.1 server which haven't stats.
Are there any plans to count stats independently from current running mod?
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 02:31:52 PM »

Are there any plans to count stats independently from current running mod?
Not ingame. Ingame statistics counting does naturally belong in the game logic and I believe most mods already have there own system. Different mods might also have different things that are relevant. 

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: