Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pls... who can help me whit this ?  (Read 15593 times)
epep
Nub

Cakes -6

PARKOUR !

« on: May 28, 2010, 07:31:59 PM »

hello .. ii know what this questia are repeated many times .. but .. I have not got a detailed explication ... on how it is to create a server on open arena (I have Mac OSX) I have buenios maps and want someone to help me share with you folks .... so they say? help me? Grin

Peter!!--->
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 03:37:38 AM »

This topic was discussed elsewhere and went on for some time...

I'll give you the advice I left there...

Google search everything you don't know. Smiley

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 04:36:59 AM »

Seems you didn't make much effort to check other topics of the forum before.
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=3737
And did you check the wiki ?

Todo: Walk the cat.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 04:38:10 AM »

In the wiki site, try reading DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Multiplayer]Manual/Multiplayer and DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers]Servers pages.

Other than DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers#Mac]this section, there is few Mac-specific information there, anyway I guess you can find something with a search engine for how to config your network settings for Quake 3 or OpenArena.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 04:49:04 AM »

I find it funny how this topic was viewed like 60 times with no response, and then my post triggered some action.  Azn

*Logan*

HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 02:15:40 PM »

I find it funny how this topic was viewed like 60 times with no response, and then my post triggered some action.  Azn

Probably because ppl didnt take the post seriously with all the broken engrish ..lol
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:09:15 PM by HITMAN » Logged

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 04:29:50 PM »

What's whit all the with spelled as whit!?

I notice this more often from around the German region for some reason notwhitstanding.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 10:55:06 PM »

Hah yea, if the english is broken it's best to avoid the "great fun" of trying to explain to that person something that they will not likly understand.

Unless you have LOTS of time and patience for little payout. :p

*Logan*

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 01:54:22 AM »

But most fun is trying to talk with an english native in another language than english: usualy just crap Cheesy
epep
Nub

Cakes -6

PARKOUR !

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 11:53:04 AM »

I know .. I searched the wiki and the page .. but I always say ... I must create an account open sand .. and run a server without privileges and bla bla bla ... also put things like "OA upload to your server: this can be done via ftp, ssh / scp or whatever you prefer
create a user account OA, please DO NOT run the server with root privileges (for security reasons) "and for that we must be a real computer genius ... and if you have touched this subject many times without result is that truly game does not have an easy measure to create an online servior stupid ... and those who have been paid to echo some Alemán 20 dollars a month to run the server  Shocked

Peter!!--->
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 12:16:10 PM »

Personally, i wouldnt mind the word with be replaced with 'whit' (or wit). The purpose of language is to communicate. Does it really matter how its spelt?

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 12:28:12 PM »

Excuse me, Epep.. I'm not sure I understand your previous post.
Are you saying that informations in "servers" page are too brief? A step-by-step guide is not easy, since there are many different systems (Windows XP-Windows 7-Linux-Mac, modems, routers and firewalls each with its own control software), etc etc. Anyway you can try to combine informations found in "Servers" and "Manual/Multiplayer" pages... and you can search for third party guides online.

Anyway, its true that creating a dedicated server may bring some difficulties, and require some knowledge of networking. But this is true also for other multiplayer games.

PS: Some passages could be really explained better, like the one about holding your server active when you "log off" your user session (is it possible also under Windows, somehow?)...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:55:58 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »

A step-by-step guide is not easy, since there are many different systems (Windows XP-Windows 7-Linux-Mac, modems, routers and firewalls each with its own control software), etc etc.
hm I was planning on some instruction vid for XP and win7 for setting up OA and it's settings, so guess I could do the server setup too Smiley
Btw this will be done in some time, it's not that i am sitting still or anything   o:)
epep
Nub

Cakes -6

PARKOUR !

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 09:15:37 AM »

i dont say what the guides on internet are bad or very short... i said.. when un ask about this.. the people give you a page what " personal" i dont know what the hell want mean the guide... i said... if i up my server "in mac" i will make a simple but very helpfull ghuide whit links to downloads tools or whathever... only what i want is a friend what can help me personaly whit this... to make the server and help other people whit this problem Grin

Peter!!--->
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 10:06:24 AM »

well i see you have msn, feel free to add me if you need a friend Tongue lucb1e@hotmail.com
PWNAGE
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

LEWL!

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 03:27:11 AM »

Probably because ppl didnt take the post seriously with all the broken engrish ..lol

LOL

OPEN ARENA!!!!... it's cool

-PWNAGE- Anonymous Browsing
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 03:52:08 AM »

LOL

Just for the record, it was HITMAN that said that not me...

Still funny though. Engrish indeed.

*Logan*

PWNAGE
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

LEWL!

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 03:54:04 AM »

LOL

Just for the record, it was HITMAN that said that not me...

Still funny though. Engrish indeed.

Sorry i screwed up editing the quote

OPEN ARENA!!!!... it's cool

-PWNAGE- Anonymous Browsing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: