Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freeze Mod from Q3A  (Read 8554 times)
Fragjooski
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: January 09, 2007, 12:27:23 AM »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I plan on working on the existing freeze mod for Quake 3.  The code is open source, and with the help from a few friends I could probably make a halfway decent mod.  The original is running on my server at remitech.org

Settings are Instagib TDM.  The rules are simple.  You stand next to a teammate to thaw him if he's frozen.  You shoot someone once with the railgun and he's frozen.  All powerups and ammo are disabled, however you have unlimited railgun ammo.

Hook is enabled.  To use hook (grapple) type /bind f [key] +button5.

i.e.

/bind f +button5

This enables you to use f to grapple.

You can also use /bind mouse2 +button5 (some people prefer this)

If you need the mod you can download it from http://remitech.org/freeze.zip

To install the mod:

1)  cd ~/.openarena
2)  wget http://freeze.zip
3) unzip freeze.zip

You can also enable auto download in your openarena settings, but this is faster.

BTW, I'm not sure if the developers have enabled http downloads in Openarena or not, but this is a really cool feature and much faster than the standard server download.   If not, that would be really cool if it was implemented.  Smiley
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 08:18:41 AM »

Hey. Cheesy

So you did go through with this idea eh?

I downloaded the MOD which I've always enjoyed on Quake 3. I'll stop by your server sometime.

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Fragjooski
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 09:36:18 AM »

Yeah, I had to make a few fixes, but I finally got it up and running.  For some reason my old game server management program wants to be a !%##@ but I just made a start script and I'm using the management tool to check the status.  Hopefully, if it crashes, it'll bring it back up....

If not, I'll have to figure out what's going on.  This is just a test server for now.  It's on a pretty good pipe, but the server specs are modest.  I have some beefier servers, but I'd really like to see if this is pretty much bug-free.  I might throw a second custom server up. 

On that note, I'm really hoping I can find a few mirrors that wouldn't mind hosting some quake 3 maps.  I have a huge repository, but I can't really afford anymore bandwidth than what I'm already paying for just yet...
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 06:00:48 PM »

I'm pretty sure I played on your server the other day and kicked mighty ass all over the arena. Good times, thanks for the host Cheesy

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: