Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone explain to me the mechanics of spawning?  (Read 9809 times)
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« on: June 01, 2010, 02:25:57 AM »

I was wondering because I was playing an instagib game. It was one of those games where we were both about equal skill level(i was alittle better) so it was tense. we both keep stealing each other's flags and getting back to our bases. so we were each sitting in our respective bases and I got bored (cuz the bots werent going to either one of us Wink ) so I went over to his base and killed him. then as im about to return my flag I hear the spawning sound to my left. BAM i die. He picks up both and scores. This same f#cking thing happend 4 times in a row. Can someone please tell me why it would spawn him right next to me every single time. And it happened a few times where i was going for his flag and i would kill him in his base but then he would spawn right next to me and kill me immediatly. I was getting really pissed and so i was wondering isnt there something that says to spawn ppl away from enemies if there are other unoccupied spawn points on the map?

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 02:32:59 AM »

I thought that during CTF matches one should respawn in one of its team-specific spawning points (usually, in his base). Do you say that he spawns in your base?

Anyway, maybe telling us which map you were using could help...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 03:15:04 AM »

most likely one of my crappy oa_bases maps, I never really debugged those since no humans ever wanted to test my travesties with me leaving me to abandon my map in a Quark format no one can ever open. I don't know why I even bother trying to map anymore.  Cry

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 03:53:06 AM »

No he was spawning in his base. but right next to me instead of any of the other spawnpoints in his base. and the map was oa_bases7. and no offense fromhell but my least fav map ever Sad waaaaaaay to much camping.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 04:14:55 AM »

I never really debugged those since no humans ever wanted to test my...

If you want, sometimes I could make some try...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 05:22:38 AM »

most likely one of my crappy oa_bases maps, I never really debugged those since no humans ever wanted to test my travesties with me leaving me to abandon my map in a Quark format no one can ever open. I don't know why I even bother trying to map anymore.  Cry

Since .8 (?) the map was played often on publics (i guess, 3W still has it in his rotation) and i also dropped a note about some modifications bases7 could need.
If you need some help during the mapping process (gameplay...), just drop a line.
I am sure, most players would like to help you! Grin
Marble of Doom
Bigger member

Cakes 4

Caketastic

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 09:50:59 AM »

Bases7 is only fun on instagib with lots of people, otherwise it's slow paced and boring.

Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 10:46:40 AM »

which is why it was a shitty game for me Sad

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 02:10:05 PM »

For team games :
- The spawn point is chosen randomly between the team base located spawn points

For FFA  and 1v1 : there are differences between OA versions
- for OA version <= 081
  • the spawn point is chosen randomly between the further ones from the position in which the player was fragged : this mainly means that a fragged player will spawn quite always in a spawn point that is on the opposite side of the place in which the dead corp stays

- for OA version = 085
  • the spawn point is chosen randomly with the exclusion of the nearest one to the fragger

Before you ask , YES ... in both cases the next spawn point is predictable , because the number of spawn points is fixed, it's established while editing the map and usually it's never higher than 10 for most of the default OA maps.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 11:49:30 PM »

edit: nevermind i can't read
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: