Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ouch!  (Read 21433 times)
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« on: June 09, 2010, 10:30:28 AM »

Thoushaltdie is MEAN!  Just when I was starting to think I was getting good, too.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 11:11:38 AM »

What? He beat you in 1v1?...it happens to all of us. I was whooped lastnite by some unknown guy  Cry

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 12:09:18 PM »

Best advice I can give you is don’t I repeat don’t let him near that railgun or you will pay dearly for it learned that as i do everything about this game and that is the hard way  Sad
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 12:27:43 PM »

Rails i can tolerate. its the Lightning gun I have issues with. Some ppl just know how to use them way too well...i need to know how to as well.

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 01:54:34 PM »

Duel can be a very humbling experience hehe
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »

Yeah, he's brutal with rail and lightning.  The FFA he got 20 kills in the time I got 2-3.  We were also in some CTF games.  CTF4ish wasn't bad, but one of the PUL maps he was annihilating me while running the flag almost casually.

KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 11:40:29 AM »

Eish... u remind of 2009, I was on an OANAGE ctf server, I was againts some clan member(cant remember his name).... Damn... he wupped my ass so badly. He beet me 8-0, and afterward, the server, said "OWNAGE" (kicked when ur down) It's days like that, that remind u of your place. 

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 09:25:53 PM »

I'd like a game against this thoushaltdie person.

Sounds like a trouble maker... Wink

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 01:02:22 AM »

wow sry if you think im mean. I dont try to be. I like to think im a polite person, I try to remember to say gg after every game win or lose. Smiley

Logan I play using this name all the time. I dont know what name you play under but if we see each other on the servers ill duel you Smiley

and bane i have gotten just as wicked with the machinegun and shotgun Wink but i need real practice with rockets and plasma!!!

oh hitman the way i got good with lightning is i played elimination with all weapons cept lighting off and tried to kill a nightmare bot. i think i only ever killed him once by pushing him off a ledge Wink gl!

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 02:33:16 AM »

Logan I play using this name all the time. I dont know what name you play under but if we see each other on the servers ill duel you Smiley

You can find me on digichalk 0.8.5 hot shot.  Grin

*Logan*

WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 07:32:17 AM »

wow sry if you think im mean. I dont try to be. I like to think im a polite person, I try to remember to say gg after every game win or lose. Smiley

and bane i have gotten just as wicked with the machinegun and shotgun Wink but i need real practice with rockets and plasma!!!

oh hitman the way i got good with lightning is i played elimination with all weapons cept lighting off and tried to kill a nightmare bot. i think i only ever killed him once by pushing him off a ledge Wink gl!
I know you're polite, you just slaughter me.  Of course, the fact that I'm only at about the skill level of Hurt Me Plenty bots, and you're dueling Nightmare pretty much sums up the skill difference.

I play the game for fun, and end up doing to other players what you did to me on a regular basis.  Plus, I think I figured out the "bunny jump" from you, so it's quite productive.  I learn from better players, and hope those I'm better than learn from me.

Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 08:43:36 AM »

well i wasnt "bunnyjumping" its called strafe jumping and its REALLY makes you go fast if you can do it right. Cheesy You should google it and learn the basics and then someone on the servers will probly stop and show you how to do it if you ask. Smiley when i started out i had a really nice guy take me to a defrag server and show me how to strafejumping, rocketjump, circle jump, overbounce and plasma climb. I learned the first 3 but after that it was to much to take in and master in one go so i still cant plamsa climb or use an ob at all Sad but thats the thing about this game there is always someone better and a new skill to be learned! Grin which is why i like fighting ppl with more skill then me, cuz i have to learn what they are doing to improve and then use my head and be tricky to try and make up for the skill difference. Wink

logan i dont think im ever on that server. nothing against it just not a regular. but ill spend some time there so you can kill me Wink

WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 03:43:39 PM »

I may have to get you to show me sometime.  I read about plasma climbing but have no clue how to work it.  I managed a BFG climb once Smiley

Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »

all this stuff takes practice and im not an expert but if i see you again ill show you. Smiley

Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 10:10:48 PM »

Keep in mine that some people just naturally can't figure this stuff out no matter how much practice they have.

I still have trouble with Plasma climbing myself and I have tried many times with no success.

*Logan*

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 07:37:22 AM »

That video is a very bad parody of Zero Punctuation. It lacks it's humor.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 07:47:17 AM »

it still has a very strong point, and ironically, the voice is also better than yahtzee

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 04:02:34 PM »

I myself can plasma climb but prefer to rocket jump because it is just faster for me anyway I think this video will help you guys get better at plasma climbing.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-aKjvc4cUU
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 04:56:43 PM »

I myself can plasma climb but prefer to rocket jump because it is just faster for me anyway I think this video will help you guys get better at plasma climbing.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-aKjvc4cUU

Well, they make it look so easy don't they? I'll try again now that I'm a little clearer how to do it.

*Logan*

WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 05:55:12 PM »

@Thoushaltdie: Thanks to your tip, I think I figured out how to do the strafe jump.  I definitely hadn't had the hang of it before.  Rocket jumping was pretty easy to figure out, though there's some timing issues for optimal height that I haven't nailed.  Circle jumping looks like something I'll worry about AFTER I get comfortable with the strafe jump.

@Bane: I sort of got the plasma climbing, but when I tried it on 0ups, it seemed like I couldn't manage to hover, though I got some good height.

HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 11:16:12 AM »

Plasma climbing is rarely of any use in a game. Same with grenade jumps. It's for fun and giggles.

Different types of strafe, circle and rocket jumps are a must, though.
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 04:39:58 PM »

Plasma climbing is rarely of any use in a game. Same with grenade jumps. It's for fun and giggles.

Different types of strafe, circle and rocket jumps are a must, though.

I agree 100%

*Logan*

HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »

Come to think of it, there are exceptions.

For example, in oa_minia (the old version, at least), you could jump on the one of the pads (under the RA or RG), and then plasma climb the wall to gain height, and land right on the platform behind you.

It takes practice, and using a rocket is easier, but that is a move that actually works in a game.
Thoushaltdie
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 12:14:07 AM »

well there are plenty of time you COULD plasma climb but rockets are easier and do less damage Cheesy

Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 08:46:22 PM »

Thoushaltdie is MEAN!  Just when I was starting to think I was getting good, too.

I beat him. It was close though.  Grin

*Logan*

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: