Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: add history mode  (Read 46753 times)
epep
Nub

Cakes -6

PARKOUR !

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 06:01:16 PM »

well...I have not the slightest idea where this topic is ... I find it very funny to see them fight punched ... but seriusli. want take actions about the topic? ... I mean it is good to see other games to take some inspiration but the idea is not to transform it into that game ... I'm trying to get some programs for the modeling of maps and players for mac ... but I have no result ... help me to get these programs .. I undertake to learn how to use them .. I learn on my own

Peter!!--->
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 06:40:45 PM »

Mejor revisá la wiki: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com
Sección Development, ahí está lo que necesitás.

Better check the wiki: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com
Development section, here you have all of what you need.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
epep
Nub

Cakes -6

PARKOUR !

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 07:46:29 PM »

nice page .. has a very good explanation .. but do not have the materials for the modeling of players and maps ... unless you help me find the application suitable for creating maps

Peter!!--->
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 07:50:17 PM »

i hear it's pretty rad

http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=2554.0

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 06:22:03 AM »

Hey, lets make this simple.

We don't need a story mode. We don't need no story!

Lets concentrate on more player models, better maps, completed textures, better weapons models, ETC

You know, like we've been doing.

Story mode is a waste of time and resources. Simple as that.

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 06:39:54 AM »

http://www.adventuredevelopers.com/featuredetail.php?action=view&featureid=25&showpage=1
(The first page is what counts)

And this:
http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20050727/sutherland_01.shtml

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
epep
Nub

Cakes -6

PARKOUR !

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 08:58:37 AM »

so dudes.. i have .. or i think this can be the new weapons for the story mode
the link to download the guns...ps: i up this link whit this models""    
https://download.yousendit.com/dXFYZXQ4NDJ0TW52Wmc9PQ

ok... there are.. now we need make levls and the sequence fo this Smiley true ?
or whats comming first ?

Peter!!--->
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 09:54:05 AM »

These are Lee David Ash's weapons made for LDAQ3A. I don't think they are open source and available under the GPLv2 license. And I think the OA weapons are better than that. (The lightning gun will be converted to a flamethrower, the railgun to rifle.)

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 10:04:09 AM »

New weapons? But are we talking about a classic "single player" mode (no deathmatches, but interaction with NPC and monsters instead) or "cinematics-between-deathmaches" as told before? :-/
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:33:11 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 10:28:31 AM »

i actually agree with logan, we can use our time better. Sure it'd be nice, but it's not needed at all. The game is multiplayer oriented anyway, the only thing we could improve are bots for offline play. A story or whatever wouldn't add anything to the game for me (and i think for most ppl playing oa actively).
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 10:44:28 AM »

disagree!
the developers are not active and spend their time to fit our needs.
They have to do, what they want to do and (as long as i saw till now) they already did a great job.
Even if you can´t believe: i am happy, with all they did till now!

So if they like to make a sp campaign, they have to do it.
There is just one point i hate, but this is a personal problem of mine Wink
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 11:23:10 AM »

New weapons? But are we talking about a classic "single player" mode (no deathmatches, but interaction with NPC and monsters instead) or "cinematics-between-deathmaches" as told before? :-/

Gig... Neon works on a cinematics version, but epep wants a classic one.

I disagree in the classic one as well. After I saw Neon's and Cosmo's one in action, I think that's perfect for OA. For those of you, who didn't heard about it... that is completely Quake 3 stylish, with tiers and DMs. But it even managed to have a story around it.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 11:42:15 AM »

Gig... Neon works on a cinematics version, but epep wants a classic one.

I disagree in the classic one as well. After I saw Neon's and Cosmo's one in action, I think that's perfect for OA. For those of you, who didn't heard about it... that is completely Quake 3 stylish, with tiers and DMs. But it even managed to have a story around it.
The problem is that talking about two different things on the same thread is confusing... Anyway, is somewhere available some preview of the cinematics?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 11:57:14 AM »

I didn't do any of the previews, I threw that whole SP as an idea, as having a story would help us to "model" the visual style of OA without having to change anything in the gameplay and without having to change completely the looks of any map. (Since there're many different styled maps: we have castles, factories, space maps, etc) And retaining Q3's original gameplay is one of the objectives of OA AFAIK.

Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »

If we did do a story it would be one h*ll of a weird one because it would have robots, lizard people, big boobs chicks and more random characters that sounds like they should not all be in one game together.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 12:36:35 PM »

"Warriors from all the corners of the galaxy and all the dimensions... yes, even the weirdest ones... duking it out for the greatest prize..."

(?)

Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 01:21:06 PM »

"Warriors from all the corners of the galaxy and all the dimensions... yes, even the weirdest ones... duking it out for the greatest prize..."

THE CAKE OF FROMHELL! Cheesy

Sorry, can't miss it.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2010, 03:37:12 PM »

These are Lee David Ash's weapons made for LDAQ3A. I don't think they are open source and available under the GPLv2 license. And I think the OA weapons are better than that. (The lightning gun will be converted to a flamethrower, the railgun to rifle.)

LDA's weapons are also excessively unefficiently high poly too, like in the 2500 triangle range. The machinegun even takes up a ton of poly just for a few cylinders. I wouldn't use them even if they were GPL.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
epep
Nub

Cakes -6

PARKOUR !

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2010, 05:29:01 PM »

no clue to where we are this .... but somehow I just suggested the contribution of mounting a story mode. well .. not that I came to ask. wanted to know who could help me with a fucking problem with my computer. x11 down and tells me it is already installed. perfect!. under gtkradiant. not open because it is not for intel macs. gtkradiant under intel mac. son bitch. NO open!. under crossover. gtkradient.exe run. teen slut does not work! .! virtual pc. can not be installed. parallels. $ 79.90 wtf? .. I can only program that I have called AC3D.

I can not find a tutorial that tells me the fuck is used as a quakemap!. the program has the option to export as quake map. I can not find how to create it ..!. Help me!. any application that serves to create a dirty map.! plz!  Evil Cry Kiss Undecided Lips Sealed Embarrassed Huh

Peter!!--->
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 06:37:47 PM »

good read

...teen slut does not work! .!

LOL

Sorry, thats pretty funny to me.  Evil

*Logan*

epep
Nub

Cakes -6

PARKOUR !

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2010, 08:36:52 AM »

QUESTION! WHEN we star to work on this? i mean.. when we are going to make the maps and all that things ?

Peter!!--->
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2010, 10:29:39 AM »

Somebody has missed half of this topic.

Look, ATM, there are many bigger priorities. Like the texture project, etc. Also, there is a WIP story mode, using up the current maps and models, basicly the recreation of the Quake III story mode.

If you'd like to get a whole singleplayer story... then start it yourself. At the moment, nobody thinks you're serious or that you are fully understand the aims of OpenArena. Don't forget that if you're really want to contribute, you must use the GPLv2 license and you mustn't steal the contents.

This means no LDAQ3A weapons, no Terminators, no kitbashes... assets should be created from scratch. That means getting a modeller program and creating a model.

You asked when do we start your project. Well... I'd like to ask something, too... Do you have more than plain ideas?

Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 02:51:16 PM »

I am under the understanding that this epep character uses a translator.

I bet this mean he doesn't understand or even bother reading anything we say to him in reply to his questions.

I mean, he didn't say a thing about my teen slut quote yet.  Grin

*Logan*

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2010, 03:55:01 PM »

I would like to collaborate with the SP if it's brought in the form of a mod rather than as being part of the main game. Just saying.

epep
Nub

Cakes -6

PARKOUR !

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2010, 03:46:17 PM »

you know... fuck all.. exept the springel guy... and the guy whit the smkoe skull avatar... i dont comment your read.. beacuse.. im not game addict.. or cerial killer... idk why u send me that ?

Peter!!--->
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: